Page 290 of 323 FirstFirst ... 190240280288289290291292300 ... LastLast
Results 2,891 to 2,900 of 3230

Thread: Beretta 92 FS Compact (and general Beretta love lately)

Quote Originally Posted by thatguybryan View Post
    Well, I was pumped to buy an m9a3 for LTT to cut, but it looks like that won't happen for a while.

My new m9a3, when a round is chambered, will not decock consistently. I can press the decocker all the way down but it won't actually work unless I press pretty hard. Like, the decock lever is all the way down and stuck in the safe position but isn't decocked.

Has anyone else had this issue?

My gun also has a bald spot on top of the barrel where raw metal is exposed after 100 rounds. Super fun experience with my most expensive beretta

FWIW, I have owned 4 different 92 series guns (still have 3) and haven't seen this issue with any others. Would rather not send it back but that may be my only option.
    Got any pics of the barrel?

Paging @LangdonTactical
    Shoot more, post less...

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    I know it's been discussed that there are differences in the machining between a Centurion and full-size frame to accommodate the Compact slide. It surprises me that I haven't seen any photographic comparison or other detailed breakdown of the differences. Now that there are a bunch of people who have full-size and Centurion or Compact 92s, are any of you curious/interested enough to do a photographic side-by-side of the frames and slides to show exactly what the differences are?
    While I love PF, when it comes to Beretta handgun technical differences the Beretta Forum FAQ pages is second to none.

What you're looking for has been available since 2015. https://berettaforum.net/vb/showpost...2&postcount=33

Quote Originally Posted by thatguybryan View Post
    Well, I was pumped to buy an m9a3 for LTT to cut, but it looks like that won't happen for a while.

My new m9a3, when a round is chambered, will not decock consistently. I can press the decocker all the way down but it won't actually work unless I press pretty hard. Like, the decock lever is all the way down and stuck in the safe position but isn't decocked.

Has anyone else had this issue?

My gun also has a bald spot on top of the barrel where raw metal is exposed after 100 rounds. Super fun experience with my most expensive beretta

FWIW, I have owned 4 different 92 series guns (still have 3) and haven't seen this issue with any others. Would rather not send it back but that may be my only option.
    Just call Beretta. Their customer service is great based on my one experience which was just 3 days ago.

Quote Originally Posted by TicTacticalTimmy View Post
    Just call Beretta. Their customer service is great based on my one experience which was just 3 days ago.
    Yeah, just called and they're sending me a label to send it back. Hopefully they take care of it.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Just a data point to add here regarding trijicon sights.

I have a 92FS that had tritium sights installed 20 some years ago. The were dim but could be seen. I called trijicon a few weeks ago and asked If they could re-lamp it. The guy who took the call said if they installed them they can re-lamp them so I sent the slide along with my S&W 1006 to be re-lamped. After a few weeks they sent me an email saying that they can not perform any work on any slides with integral front sights and suggested contacting tool-tech. This contradicts some other information I have heard regarding guns that already have tritium.

How it is any more dangerous to re-lamp the beretta slide than the smith slide is beyond me?

Anyhow when I get it back I will probably have tool-tech perform their sight conversion.

Just figured I’d throw this out there for anyone in the same boat as me.

Site Supporter
    The guy who told you they could re-lamp them must not have registered that you were talking about a Beretta 92.
    Some silly rule change near the end of the Obama administration declared that tritium gas was HAZMAT, and put major limitations on doing any work that might rupture a Ti capsule and expose the workers.

I went through this a year or two ago when I had a B92 front sight go dim while still under the 7 year warranty. After a month of back-and-forth emails and photos, they finally agreed to replace it under warranty as a “one time good deal”.

This experience both made me wish I’d seen the rule change coming, so I could have sent in several slides for tritium sight installation or replacement while it was still possible. Now I have a strong desire to pick up a few slides with dovetailed front sights (especially several Compact-length slides) to future-proof my collection.

Also, note that the ToolTech replacement front sight is pretty tall, and may be a factor in usability with a holster. Similarly, the taller front sight requires a taller (unique) rear sight, limiting rear sight options down the road.

Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    Just a data point to add here regarding trijicon sights.

I have a 92FS that had tritium sights installed 20 some years ago. The were dim but could be seen. I called trijicon a few weeks ago and asked If they could re-lamp it. The guy who took the call said if they installed them they can re-lamp them so I sent the slide along with my S&W 1006 to be re-lamped. After a few weeks they sent me an email saying that they can not perform any work on any slides with integral front sights and suggested contacting tool-tech. This contradicts some other information I have heard regarding guns that already have tritium.

How it is any more dangerous to re-lamp the beretta slide than the smith slide is beyond me?

Anyhow when I get it back I will probably have tool-tech perform their sight conversion.

Just figured I’d throw this out there for anyone in the same boat as me.

Quote Originally Posted by GyroF-16 View Post

Also, note that the ToolTech replacement front sight is pretty tall, and may be a factor in usability with a holster. Similarly, the taller front sight requires a taller (unique) rear sight, limiting rear sight options down the road.
    I think this has been discussed, but to further muddy the waters, the ToolTech solution for 92 slides that have had tritium is different than for slides that have never been drilled for the vials. The solution for guns that have already been drilled is to dovetail the front of the slide. I know there has been some discussion of if there is enough material on the front of a 92FS/M9 slide for the dovetail, but judging by the pictures, the front sight sits lower on their dovetailed "solution" than the pinned solution. They also do not warn that the front sight sits higher as they do with the pinned solution.

http://tooltechgunsight.com/product/...sting-tritium/

When I get my slide back, I will give them a call and see if I can make any sense of it.

One other option..paint that Trigicon flat white and install a CTC laser grip.

Quote Originally Posted by CraigS View Post
    One other option..paint that Trigicon flat white and install a CTC laser grip.
    It is (ironically) a cheaper option.

I actually have a CT grip on this pistol but it is an early generation that is not as reliable as I would like.
    Last edited by Suvorov; 10-17-2020 at 03:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    I think this has been discussed, but to further muddy the waters, the ToolTech solution for 92 slides that have had tritium is different than for slides that have never been drilled for the vials. The solution for guns that have already been drilled is to dovetail the front of the slide. I know there has been some discussion of if there is enough material on the front of a 92FS/M9 slide for the dovetail, but judging by the pictures, the front sight sits lower on their dovetailed "solution" than the pinned solution. They also do not warn that the front sight sits higher as they do with the pinned solution.

http://tooltechgunsight.com/product/...sting-tritium/

When I get my slide back, I will give them a call and see if I can make any sense of it.
    I just emailed them to see if they could just mill my slide for a front sight.

User Tag List