Page 287 of 323 FirstFirst ... 187237277285286287288289297 ... LastLast
Results 2,861 to 2,870 of 3230

Thread: Beretta 92 FS Compact (and general Beretta love lately)

Site Supporter
    Anyone else experiencing problems with the Mec-Gar 15-round compact magazines? Mine feed great (as expected from Mec Gar), but the base pads come loose way too easily, so much that I don’t think I’d trust them for defensive use.

I contacted Mec-gar, and they promptly shipped a set of replacement base pads and locking plates, but that didn’t resolve the problem. It looks to me like the little post that prevents the base plate from sliding forward needs to be longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave J View Post
    Anyone else experiencing problems with the Mec-Gar 15-round compact magazines? Mine feed great (as expected from Mec Gar), but the base pads come loose way too easily, so much that I don’t think I’d trust them for defensive use.

I contacted Mec-gar, and they promptly shipped a set of replacement base pads and locking plates, but that didn’t resolve the problem. It looks to me like the little post that prevents the base plate from sliding forward needs to be longer.
    That's all I use on my Compact these days, carry and practice. No issues to date.

Site Supporter

That’s interesting... the Mec-gar bases on mine didn’t get much use. I preferred the more “compact” metal bases from stock Beretta compact mags, and rubber Beretta bumper bases (Elite may bases). The posts on the Meg-gar mags haven’t had any trouble keeping those in place

There’s no special SKU for the Vertec slide guns like the LTT, but they do get a LOT better if you keep working with the holster to break it in. Or you can artificially duplicate the process if you disassemble the holster and round off the little plastic corners on the ALS locking mechanism that bump into the front of the slide cutout...once they’ve got a little radius on them, they don’t snag.
    I have a RHT holster on the way that I will use until I get the safariland.

Beretta night sight question. Once they are dead, I know trijicon won't relamp the sights. Can anything be done otherwise? Drilled for fiber optic rod or just paint them over and move on? Not interested in pin over sight options.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Shorikid View Post
    Beretta night sight question. Once they are dead, I know trijicon won't relamp the sights. Can anything be done otherwise? Drilled for fiber optic rod or just paint them over and move on? Not interested in pin over sight options.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    ToolTech seems to be offering some new sight options for fixed sight 92s. One appears to be a machined dovetail. No idea how this works, but could be an option.

Beretta 92FS W/ Existing Tritium
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

I drilled out a fixed sight on a 92g. I got an 8-9 inch piece of 1/4 in rod and drilled into the end of it w/ a 1/16 bit. Then I slid the bit onto the hole w/ a bit of JBWeld. This extension allowed me to keep the angle down as the drill chuck was now behind the rear sight instead of above it. I recommend removing the metal in the middle of the sight before you drill.
    20180921_073216 by craig stuard, on Flickr
    One of the two common FO tubes is .060" which is great because 1/16 = .062". I touched up my small marks w/ something from Birchwood Casey. This was a stock white dot sight. My old 92f w/ night sights was painted over w/ flat white modeler paint from Hobby Lobby

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    ToolTech seems to be offering some new sight options for fixed sight 92s. One appears to be a machined dovetail. No idea how this works, but could be an option.

Beretta 92FS W/ Existing Tritium
    This looks a lot like what they (ToolTech) was offering as of last summer. Is there some new wrinkle to it that I’m not noticing?

Seems like a sub-optimal solution for anything that would be carried in a holster, due to the apparent taller sights.
    I guess it would work for other uses...

Banned
    holding the head of Perseus in my support hand
    None of my 92 holsters has a sight channel that would have problems with.

i will eventually send my inox slide put for this install, probably.

Site Supporter

Yes, I've had this happen. Only when empty, though. Since I only use my few MecGar's for carry, it's a non issue to me. If I actually have to pull the gun and use all 15 rounds, it'll be pretty irrelevant at that point if the base plate on the mag falls off because the threat is either eliminated, or I'm dead.

User Tag List