Page 263 of 323 FirstFirst ... 163213253261262263264265273313 ... LastLast
Results 2,621 to 2,630 of 3230

Thread: Beretta 92 FS Compact (and general Beretta love lately)

I greatly prefer the button Stoney linked to compared to the old EII button. You may need to do a little filing on the right grip panel but it shouldn't take much.

Beretta 92 Type M

Not a lot of folks are aware the the 92 was also produced in a single-stack version called the Type M. This is mine after a complete Wilson makeover
    Name:  Wilson-Beretta P1-WCRR1.jpg
Views: 1962
Size:  97.9 KB

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    I'm just about to order some sights for my 92 Elite per this thread. Choices are limited but I'm going with Wilson's Tritium Front and the Rear Serrated Battle Sight. What I need to know is what height of rear sight do I need to order? The website says that .270 is the stock height for a fixed front sight and that the tritium front sight is designed to work with the factory Brigadier rear sight, but I don't know if the Brigadier sight is the same height as a regular 92FS sight. I called Wilson and spoke to one of their salesmen and he said to buy a .290 rear sight but he didn't really seem all that confident. I'm still waiting response from their tech department.

I know that I'm quite a bit late to this particular party, but I had a NP3 TJIAB show up in the mail today for my 92D Centurion...and...wow- smooth, safe, and not an ounce heavier than it has it be.

This is my first experience with NP3, and I'm a believer. It also feels neat to have a Beretta with a Langdon trigger job. I also like the confidence of a better design and materials of the trigger bar and trigger return spring, particularly considering my dry practice habit.

Langdon's video was great, even if I was a bit slow with the trigger return spring/trigger bar install part of the thing.

Finally, it was nice to be able to detail strip the gun, I have more confidence in a gun once I can take it all the way apart. I was a little worried about that part, considering comments made in the Beretta-sand thread.

Wilson Ultra-Thins show up tomorrow!
    Per the PF Code of Conduct, I have a commercial interest in the StreakTM product as sold by Ammo, Inc.

I just got my TJIB yesterday. My experience mimics yours. Love it and can’t advocate for it enough. It’s about 85% of what my other LTT is that came from Langdon with the trigger job and NP3. My TJIB wasn’t NP3.

Quote Originally Posted by Bergeron View Post
    I know that I'm quite a bit late to this particular party, but I had a NP3 TJIAB show up in the mail today for my 92D Centurion...and...wow- smooth, safe, and not an ounce heavier than it has it be.

This is my first experience with NP3, and I'm a believer. It also feels neat to have a Beretta with a Langdon trigger job. I also like the confidence of a better design and materials of the trigger bar and trigger return spring, particularly considering my dry practice habit.

Langdon's video was great, even if I was a bit slow with the trigger return spring/trigger bar install part of the thing.

Finally, it was nice to be able to detail strip the gun, I have more confidence in a gun once I can take it all the way apart. I was a little worried about that part, considering comments made in the Beretta-sand thread.

Wilson Ultra-Thins show up tomorrow!

Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    I'm just about to order some sights for my 92 Elite per this thread. Choices are limited but I'm going with Wilson's Tritium Front and the Rear Serrated Battle Sight. What I need to know is what height of rear sight do I need to order? The website says that .270 is the stock height for a fixed front sight and that the tritium front sight is designed to work with the factory Brigadier rear sight, but I don't know if the Brigadier sight is the same height as a regular 92FS sight. I called Wilson and spoke to one of their salesmen and he said to buy a .290 rear sight but he didn't really seem all that confident. I'm still waiting response from their tech department.
    Pretty sure I have a .290” Wilson rear sight on my Elite 2. The .270” rear sight works well on a M9/92FS.
    Shoot more, post less...

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by MSparks909 View Post
    Pretty sure I have a .290” Wilson rear sight on my Elite 2. The .270” rear sight works well on a M9/92FS.
    Thanks. I found another website that listed the Brigadier at .290 as well. Finally I removed my old rear sight and measured it in the calipers and .290 (finally used my $200 MGW sight pusher!). So now I got the parts on the way!

Was over at www.cdnnsports.com and they have new Beretta compact L's for $499.99 don't know if that's a good price or not, just thought I'd pass it along..
    Last edited by ralph; 03-26-2019 at 11:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ralph View Post
    Was over at www.cdnnsports.com and they have new Beretta compact L's for $499.99 don't know if that's a good price or not, just thought I'd pass it along..
    Yeah, if you do a search for Beretta 92 Compact at GUNPRIME, they have many with prices from $429 to $450, but no explanation as to what the differences are (if there are any). I got one of the $429 ones and it was brand new (mil surplus evidently--fast shipping even though I'd never heard of them). I told myself it would be a cheap fun shooter...then I went and spent more than $250 on grips, a trigger in a bag, etc. I should have just saved up another $100 and gotten the G-model VERTEC I've been really wanting.

Quote Originally Posted by CLaw View Post
    I just got my TJIB yesterday. My experience mimics yours. Love it and can’t advocate for it enough. It’s about 85% of what my other LTT is that came from Langdon with the trigger job and NP3. My TJIB wasn’t NP3.
    I installed my TJIB over the weekend (non-NP3, Wilson Hammer).
    I found the WILSON TRIGGER BAR required me to pull the trigger back a little bit too far. It was PERFECT for eliminating over-travel; however, even with my short-stubby fingers (not a good thing with 92s), if I had too much finger on the trigger, it would bottom out on my support hand side, and I'd have to give an extra squeeze to get it to fire. NOTE: I have noticed that my stubby "presidential" trigger-finger always shifts a little towards the middle-to-end of the pull whether I'm shooting with tip/pad or more on the inner-first-knuckle. I have considered to switching to a CZ PCR, but the design just looks a lot more complicated than the Beretta (which is why I like them and glocks so much--simpler is better IMO).

Anyway. I switched back to the regular trigger bar--now I just have to see if DA will set off all my primers (I only shoot decent stuff) with this 12# spring.
    I need to find my pull gauge, but DA feels like a 10# pull (that lightens to about 7-7.5# for about 1.25-1.5mm, before the break, which is like an 8# "wall"). The SA feels like 3.75#-4#.
    --

GUNSMITHING TIP: For installing the trigger spring, I cut off a small piece from the center of a q-tip...then use that as a slave pin to hold the spring inside the trigger, when I drop it in the gun. This works even better for me than pushing on the spring and catching it with a punch, to use it as a slave pin.
    Last edited by evi1joe; 03-26-2019 at 03:28 PM.

User Tag List