Page 261 of 323 FirstFirst ... 161211251259260261262263271311 ... LastLast
Results 2,601 to 2,610 of 3230

Thread: Beretta 92 FS Compact (and general Beretta love lately)

Brand new M9's at Gunprime for $450. For that price I almost want to buy another. Actually they're listed as 92 M9's so I'm not sure if they're 92FS or M9 pistols exactly but most probably won't care.

https://gunprime.com/product/beretta...__BkeDpZLXqbzA
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post
    Actually they're listed as 92 M9's so I'm not sure if they're 92FS or M9 pistols exactly but most probably won't care.
    The following Beretta USA website link shows model J92M9AOM listed as a M9 in the MSRP section.

http://www.beretta.com/en-us/m9/

Very cool South African Beretta 92 clones and variants

Forgotten Weapons just posted this today. Though ya'll would enjoy it.

Did a quick search and Life Size Potato has some videos also

Last edited by Bigghoss; 02-25-2019 at 08:09 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

I posted this in another thread, but thought it deserved mention to those following this one...

ToolTech seems to be offering some new sight options for fixed sight 92s. One appears to be a pinned on front sight, and the other appears to be a machined dovetail.

Beretta 92FS W/ Existing Tritium

Beretta 92FS

Not sure why the dovetail isn't an option whether the pistol has a tritium front sight or not...in any case, did ToolTech manage to figure out how to add a dovetail to the standard 92?
    Last edited by JSGlock34; 02-25-2019 at 06:44 PM.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    I posted this in another thread, but thought it deserved mention to those following this one...

ToolTech seems to be offering some new sight options for fixed sight 92s. One appears to be a pinned on front sight, and the other appears to be a machined dovetail.

Beretta 92FS W/ Existing Tritium

Beretta 92FS

Not sure why the dovetail isn't an option whether the pistol has a tritium front sight or not...in any case, did ToolTech manage to figure out how to add a dovetail to the standard 92?
    Does not appear to be. It is a "pin over" sight. Likely they machine the front sight down. Then the front blade is made with a pocket to fit over the remaining part of the original blade. Then drilled and cross pinned in place.

What I wonder is why a regular FS slide cannot be machined for a dovetail. Does a vertec slide have that much more material?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

The top photo clearly has a dovetail
    "...we suffer more in imagination than in reality." Seneca, probably.

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    Still waiting....

I hit the first result for 92s on the home page.
    http://tooltechgunsight.com/product/beretta-92fs/

And to add, you can get a complete Vertec slide from Optics planet for $220.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Shorikid; 02-25-2019 at 07:51 PM.

Can't find the link, but others have cut dovetails on 92's Name:  image.jpg
Views: 1009
Size:  34.8 KB
    This was of The Firearms Blog a few years back. I understand that it is a Novak 1911 front sight. No idea who did it, they weren't named in the article. If Tool Tech is doing this, wow! That's a spicy meatball!

That's a pistol to put any of the Hollywood movie 92s/M9s to shame. Per the article:

"Slide parts:
    – The front sight was ground off and a dovetail cut by myself and a very good friend, Tung
    Nguyen (RIP), in 1996. It has a Trijicon Tritium-insert dove-tail front sight from a 1911, but
    various other front sights were tried."

I haven't ever heard of anyone cutting a 1911 dovetail into a 92, besides this pistol.

I have heard that some of the Beretta wizards can weld up the the nose of the slide to safely permit the cutting of a Beretta front dovetail.
    Per the PF Code of Conduct, I have a commercial interest in the StreakTM product as sold by Ammo, Inc.

User Tag List