Page 254 of 323 FirstFirst ... 154204244252253254255256264304 ... LastLast
Results 2,531 to 2,540 of 3230

Thread: Beretta 92 FS Compact (and general Beretta love lately)

Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post
    I used rubbing alcohol to clean the front sights. I have tried birchwood casey paint pens in the past, starting with white and trying to finish up with the orange but the white didn't get great coverage either and kinda sluffed off when I went to use the orange.

Right now I'm trying the model paint again. Had to glob it on and even then I think I'm on coat three. If that doesn't work I'll go get some nail polish.
    I've used Testors model paint to do dots. The trick, for me, is to degrease thoroughly, and let each coat dry for 24 hours before adding more.

One of my very favorite sight pictures on a 92 is a .270 Wilson Pepperoni sight, and the front sight dot painted with Testors yellow fluorescent. I see that setup as good as any fiber optic I've tried. It's one of the reasons I just really don't get too worked up about fixed front sights anymore.

I have been debating on doing what I read about on the Beretta forum. Someone blacked out the front sight of a stainless gun, and then put the orange dot in. I (from memory) think it was degrease (something like denatured alcohol), then hit with sandpaper to abrade, then I believe it was gun touch up black, then testers orange.

When I need to thoroughly clean and de-grease a metal part, I use brake cleaner.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Brake cleaner degreases, but does leave a slight residue, which is effectively cleaned off with isopropyl alcohol. I buy the latter by the gallon can from Home Depot.

Also, only ever buy non-chlorinated brake cleaner, for anything ever. Chlorine can cause embrittlement of the metal. I think it was Ruger that was having barrels fall off the front of its revolvers and traced it to a chlorinated cleaner in manufacturing.
    Last edited by OlongJohnson; 12-19-2018 at 01:07 PM.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

$449 for a brand new 92FS Compact. If I was into that sort of thing, I'd be all over it.

https://gunprime.com/product/beretta...-fs-js92f850m/
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    $449 for a brand new 92FS Compact. If I was into that sort of thing, I'd be all over it.

https://gunprime.com/product/beretta...-fs-js92f850m/
    I saw that searching gun.deals. No experience purchasing from the company. I didn't see a contact number on the website. That always concerns me, so I emailed for a number in the event I encountered any issues. No response. Anyone with experience this company?

No experience with the company but if you are looking for a $450 compact GunBroker has them as well.
    Looks like the seller is new.
    https://www.gunbroker.com/item/794505845

That's pretty good. I just sold my compact though. The grip is just a bit short for my hands.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

So I have a couple regular 92's with integral front sights and I would like to paint the entire face of the sight, not just the dot. But nothing sticks. I've tried sight paint, model paint, and spray paint and nothing will stick to the sight. It fills in the white dot nicely but I want the entire face to be orange. Any tips?
    I drilled the white dot out and installed a gold bead.

So I have a couple regular 92's with integral front sights and I would like to paint the entire face of the sight, not just the dot. But nothing sticks. I've tried sight paint, model paint, and spray paint and nothing will stick to the sight. It fills in the white dot nicely but I want the entire face to be orange. Any tips?
    Use solvent, such as brake cleaner, acetone or alcohol, to thoroughly degrease the sight. Use some 320 grit sandpaper (rolled up so it can work evenly back and forth on the concave surface of the back of the sight) to scuff the surface of the Bruniton. Then hit it with a cotton swab wet with brake cleaner or acetone just before you paint it. The solvent should soften the Bruniton material and help the new paint form a few bonds with it.
    Not another dime.

User Tag List