Page 253 of 323 FirstFirst ... 153203243251252253254255263303 ... LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,530 of 3230

Thread: Beretta 92 FS Compact (and general Beretta love lately)

Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post
    I've never shot one. Fondled an M9A3 a few times and liked it though my medium/large hands prefer the standard grip. If I don't like it I can sell it or trade it easy enough.
    If you want to try the hogue wrap around grips pm me your address. I had gotten a set for my Inox vertec and tried painting them black. I'll get another A3 when/if VZ ever comes out with a grip like the p226 as I don't like rubber grips.

I do prefer how vertecs lookName:  KIMG0479-409529.jpg
Views: 896
Size:  63.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Exiledviking View Post
    Or order the factory wrap-around-the-rear grip made by Hogue that replicate the 92FS grip. That's what I did on my Vertec.

Sent from my SAMSUNG using Tapatalk
    Meh. To me it makes more sense to trade it for an M9A1 or sell it and put the money towards an Elite III and let someone that likes Vertecs have it.

Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    If you want to try the hogue wrap around grips pm me your address. I had gotten a set for my Inox vertec and tried painting them black. I'll get another A3 when/if VZ ever comes out with a grip like the p226 as I don't like rubber grips.

I do prefer how vertecs lookName:  KIMG0479-409529.jpg
Views: 896
Size:  63.2 KB
    I very much appreciate the offer but in the event it doesn't work for me I'll move it along to someone else. I doubt that'll be the case though. I'll find out Sunday when I can take it to the range.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Meh. To me it makes more sense to trade it for an M9A1 or sell it and put the money towards an Elite III and let someone that likes Vertecs have it.

I very much appreciate the offer but in the event it doesn't work for me I'll move it along to someone else. I doubt that'll be the case though. I'll find out Sunday when I can take it to the range.
    I completely agree. I prefer the recoil of the Vertec slide and the option of changing the front sight over the regular 92FS/M9/M9A1 slide.

Quote Originally Posted by Exiledviking View Post
    I completely agree. I prefer the recoil of the Vertec slide and the option of changing the front sight over the regular 92FS/M9/M9A1 slide.

Yeah, that's why I have 3 92A1's. If the Vertec doesn't work out then I can scratch the M9A3 off the list and focus on an Elite III and Wilson CenTac. I guess I could always swap the slide with my 92FS and sell the Vertec at a reduced price.
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

So I have a couple regular 92's with integral front sights and I would like to paint the entire face of the sight, not just the dot. But nothing sticks. I've tried sight paint, model paint, and spray paint and nothing will stick to the sight. It fills in the white dot nicely but I want the entire face to be orange. Any tips?

So I have a couple regular 92's with integral front sights and I would like to paint the entire face of the sight, not just the dot. But nothing sticks. I've tried sight paint, model paint, and spray paint and nothing will stick to the sight. It fills in the white dot nicely but I want the entire face to be orange. Any tips?
    I did an entire front sight with nail polish my wife wasn't using anymore for a time. IIRC, it was 2 layers of white and then 2 layers of orange. It held up until I decided to go back to just a black sight with a painted dot. It came off easy enough when I made that decision.

I would make sure to degrease the front sight well before painting. I use non chlorinated brake cleaner.

What about fingernail polish?

Typed too slow...
    Last edited by awp_101; 12-18-2018 at 06:41 AM.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    I did an entire front sight with nail polish my wife wasn't using anymore for a time. IIRC, it was 2 layers of white and then 2 layers of orange. It held up until I decided to go back to just a black sight with a painted dot. It came off easy enough when I made that decision.

I would make sure to degrease the front sight well before painting. I use non chlorinated brake cleaner.
    Not specifically Beretta related, but this trick can work.
    Years back, when my M1 was my only "practical" rifle (I'm not proud of my idealism when it came to picking firearms back then, but it wasn't expensive and surplus M2 Ball was decently cheap), I did exactly this with its front sight. Layer on some white, and I typed it with red.
    It's still on there, albeit slightly chipped around the edges, and it's become a bit of a sentimental reminder.

With a good cleaning and degrease of the blade first, it should do the trick.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk
    Was once told "your goals should always just exceed your grasp."
    Which hits different when the goal is to get back up to "mediocre"...

I used rubbing alcohol to clean the front sights. I have tried birchwood casey paint pens in the past, starting with white and trying to finish up with the orange but the white didn't get great coverage either and kinda sluffed off when I went to use the orange.

Right now I'm trying the model paint again. Had to glob it on and even then I think I'm on coat three. If that doesn't work I'll go get some nail polish.

fingernail polish on my MCOP front sight.

I used rubbing alcohol (several applications) to degrease

I used a toothpick and dabbed it on to prevent invading the tritium vial.

Not sure if the serrations added adhesion, but when I got bored with it......it was a pain to remove.

BTW.... not my fingernail polish.

If you're going to be a bear….be a GRIZZLY!

User Tag List