Page 252 of 323 FirstFirst ... 152202242250251252253254262302 ... LastLast
Results 2,511 to 2,520 of 3230

Thread: Beretta 92 FS Compact (and general Beretta love lately)

Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post
    The D spring was used in 92D's, and M9A3's from the factory. I have no idea on the BrigTacs. IIRC the weight of the D spring is 16# and Ernest Langdon has said the 92-series should be reliable down to 14#. You shouldn't have any issues with a D spring.
    My BT came with the D spring. I’m new to the Beretta thing, but isn’t the Wilson trigger bar necessary to reliably run the 14lb spring? I’m using the 14 lb that came with the LTT TJIB and it works fine with everything I’ve tried, but it includes the Wilson trigger bar.

Quote Originally Posted by LSP552 View Post
    My BT came with the D spring. I’m new to the Beretta thing, but isn’t the Wilson trigger bar necessary to reliably run the 14lb spring? I’m using the 14 lb that came with the LTT TJIB and it works fine with everything I’ve tried, but it includes the Wilson trigger bar.
    As I understand it the 14# spring is fine on it's own. I have a 12# spring in one of my 92A1's with no other mods and it has worked fine so far but I don't have a bunch of rounds through it.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Quote Originally Posted by cor_man257 View Post
    I would not purchase anything from T.Rex. A fair amount of reputable folks have spoken out about how "instagram shooters" have negatively impacted the training industry. Much of that criticisim is aimed at the owner of T.Rex arms (although others as well). He has been accused of speeding up his videos to look like he is a better shooter than he is.

In addition, he hosts classes where he teaches about shooting, yet has no military, law enforcement, or competitve pedigree. Reputable people (John Johnson of ballistic radio I think, could be wrong) have pretty much stated the classes are a crock.

The holsters they produce are not frequently referenced on this forum. I havent used any, but I dont think the lack of mention is because they havent been tried by the forum. I think its likely they were found wanting compared to other makers like JMCK, Keepers, Dark Star Gear,Mastermind, Phlstr, CCC, and the like. The fact they are pitching a holster that is both for a 320 and a 92 speaks negatively of their quality in my mind.

I would have trouble supporting the company if there are other options available from companies like JMCK who are known to produce quality. I dont know if Tony's is a range holster or concealment holster. I know with his name attached it will be quality though.

-Cory
    thanks for the info.
    If you're going to be a bear….be a GRIZZLY!

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by SW CQB 45 View Post
    dont mean to drift the appendix carry.

I am looking for a decent OWB range holster for my LTT.

Would you consider the JMCK OWB more as conceal carry or range carry?

I almost went Comp Tac International but want to make sure there is nothing else out there.

I found a used G-Code for an M9A1 but it does not come with the adapter. Thats another 45$+ added to the price of the holster.

T.Rex says their Sig320 holsters will work with the M9A1. Not sure I want to go that route.

thanks in advance
    I use a JMCK OWB#2 for range use with my 92a1, and it does very well for that, but it also conceals decently under some cover garments. Conceals better in a George, but that’s an IWB and designed primarily for concealment.

It is not what I would consider an optimal high-speed match holster, which would include a rigid permanent belt attachment and dedicated comp belt. It is a good double duty holster: you can actually carry with it, use it in IDPA and range settings, and use it in USPS until you can set up a match rig.

Was browsing Armslist and a shop up in Colorado Springs had a 92 Vertec for $550 with a Safariland Holster and 6 mags. They also have an online store so I bought it online and figured the price was good enough that I paid to have them ship it to me in Pueblo rather than me drive up there tomorrow. My little pickup is in the shop so my gas guzzling Blazer would probably burn up the difference in fuel driving there and back anyway.

https://www.armslist.com/posts/90588...holster---case

If my pickup wasn't having $1300 worth of different crap fixed on it I'd buy this too.

https://www.sdsguns.com/products/sem...w-night-sights
    Last edited by Bigghoss; 11-12-2018 at 11:43 PM.
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

The trigger on my WC 92G Compact has always been good, but never stellar. I'd like a Langdon TJIAB, but also don't want to spend limited gun budget on it.

I took a super fine diamond hone I use to sharpen knives to some parts and took a lot of the grittiness and stacking out of the DA pull and almost all the creep out of the SA pull. Pretty pleased with how it turned out.

When I carry my Berettas it's in a jmcustom. Sorry if it's getting cliche but they work really well paired with bawidamann mag pouches.
    Name:  KIMG0694.jpg
Views: 453
Size:  30.5 KB

Was browsing Armslist and a shop up in Colorado Springs had a 92 Vertec for $550 with a Safariland Holster and 6 mags. They also have an online store so I bought it online and figured the price was good enough that I paid to have them ship it to me in Pueblo rather than me drive up there tomorrow. My little pickup is in the shop so my gas guzzling Blazer would probably burn up the difference in fuel driving there and back anyway.

https://www.armslist.com/posts/90588...holster---case

If my pickup wasn't having $1300 worth of different crap fixed on it I'd buy this too.

https://www.sdsguns.com/products/sem...w-night-sights
    Nice, I've really tried hard to like vertec guns. I just don't seem to shoot them as well. Great find. Summit had some recently.

Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    Nice, I've really tried hard to like vertec guns. I just don't seem to shoot them as well. Great find. Summit had some recently.
    I've never shot one. Fondled an M9A3 a few times and liked it though my medium/large hands prefer the standard grip. If I don't like it I can sell it or trade it easy enough.
    Last edited by Bigghoss; 11-13-2018 at 09:03 PM.

I've never shot one. Fondled an M9A3 a few times and liked it though my medium/large hands prefer the standard grip. If I don't like it I can sell it or trade it easy enough.
    Or order the factory wrap-around-the-rear grip made by Hogue that replicate the 92FS grip. That's what I did on my Vertec.

Sent from my SAMSUNG using Tapatalk

User Tag List