Page 249 of 323 FirstFirst ... 149199239247248249250251259299 ... LastLast
Results 2,481 to 2,490 of 3230

Thread: Beretta 92 FS Compact (and general Beretta love lately)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeep View Post
    If the pin is good I reuse them simply because some of the replacement pins have issues. I prefer to stick with what works (particularly if it is a pin that does not need to be staked every time--and many of them don't). I'd also keep the extractor for the same reason if it doesn't have too many rounds. If you've shot 20,000 rounds I might be tempted to replace it. I wouldn't replace it with 5,000 rounds.

That being said, all of this is a matter of judgment and there is no one right answer. As for staking pins that is how things used to be done and it works. But like I said above, a lot of 92 extractor pins simply don't need restaking while others do.
    Used gun, inherited it, no idea how many rounds are down it. I think it was a cop's gun, so either lots of rounds or practically none, not much room in between likely.

I'll buy an extractor and try and reuse the pin. New spring seems like it can't hurt. I didn't realize that the staking was sort-of optional even among factory guns and you didn't need to re-stake everytime.

Quote Originally Posted by S R View Post
    Used gun, inherited it, no idea how many rounds are down it. I think it was a cop's gun, so either lots of rounds or practically none, not much room in between likely.

I'll buy an extractor and try and reuse the pin. New spring seems like it can't hurt. I didn't realize that the staking was sort-of optional even among factory guns and you didn't need to re-stake everytime.
    Yeah, always put in a new spring, and if you are getting a new extractor, get a new pin too even if you don't use it at first, because . . .um . . . well, let's put it this way. I have a, um . . friend, see, and when the friend took out an extractor one time, the pin, um . . . apparently rolled off the work bench and into some dark basement crevice. Having a back up pin (and spring) is nice.

92 vertec

S R, if it's a G-model vertec I'd be interested in taking it off your hands...

Quote Originally Posted by Prepper_Pig View Post
    S R, if it's a G-model vertec I'd be interested in taking it off your hands...
    If it was a G-thingbaby it would be a lot easier to decide what to do.

Quick question though... If one buys this part http://www.berettausa.com/en-us/bere...ItemId=2991833 and makes it a G, how is that different than if it was a factory G model other than the serial or possibly engraving? Are there any other differences?

Beretta 92 FS Compact (and general Beretta love lately)

The factory G set up is a tad more sleek on the right hand side. The conversion G kit is technically no wider than the factory version, but it is "clunkier" and not as contoured compared to the factory levers. This is necessitated by the need to add the "return to fire" spring.

Its not terrible. I have it on my vertec. But all in all, I would prefer a factory version.

A single sided lever (like the Wilson combat versions) would be nice, but there has to be a place to add that extra spring, which is on the right hand side of the slide. So that lever is not going away.

Here is a factory FS lever, a Wilson single side safety, and a G conversion lever

Here is the G lever installed.

Here is the Wilson lever installed.

The Wilson Single lever is the best “feeling” set up when racking and such. It would be my first choice IF it was a decock only. But, to get a G it has to be ambi, which makes it a bit clunky.
    Last edited by Gadfly; 08-22-2018 at 11:04 AM.
    “A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.” - Shane

If it was a G-thingbaby it would be a lot easier to decide what to do.

Quick question though... If one buys this part http://www.berettausa.com/en-us/bere...ItemId=2991833 and makes it a G, how is that different than if it was a factory G model other than the serial or possibly engraving? Are there any other differences?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadfly View Post
    The factory G set up is a tad more sleek on the right hand side. The conversion G kit is technically no wider than the factory version, but it is "clunkier" and not as contoured compared to the factory levers. This is necessitated by the need to add the "return to fire" spring.

Its not terrible. I have it on my vertec. But all in all, I would prefer a factory version.

A single sided lever (like the Wilson combat versions) would be nice, but there has to be a place to add that extra spring, which is on the right hand side of the slide. So that lever is not going away.
    I'd add that the factory G is got quite a bit more spring / rebound than the conversion G.

The new G conversion kit is a completely new and different design compared to previous Gs. So far it is only installed stock from Beretta on the M9A3s. I expect that any other Gs that may be released will also have this style. Mr Langdon has said it is a more robust design. Another advantage is it is easily converted back and forth between fs and G. Some think it is a bit clunky aesthetically, but measuring w/ a caliper and comparing to my 2014 92G, the new G is actually slightly narrower. Not remembering the exact #s but it was something like .030 inch.

Quote Originally Posted by CraigS View Post
    The new G conversion kit is a completely new and different design compared to previous Gs. So far it is only installed stock from Beretta on the M9A3s. I expect that any other Gs that may be released will also have this style. Mr Langdon has said it is a more robust design. Another advantage is it is easily converted back and forth between fs and G. Some think it is a bit clunky aesthetically, but measuring w/ a caliper and comparing to my 2014 92G, the new G is actually slightly narrower. Not remembering the exact #s but it was something like .030 inch.
    The new style G is stock from Beretta in the M9A3 G model, Langdon M9, and Elite LTT.

-Cory

Cory, thanks for the backup. How I forgot to include the two Langdon models I will never know.

Can someone help me through this thought stroke?

If I buy an LTT can I replace the ambi decocker with the Wilson combat single sided version?

Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Look! Just because we're bereaved, that doesn't make us saps!

User Tag List