Page 248 of 323 FirstFirst ... 148198238246247248249250258298 ... LastLast
Results 2,471 to 2,480 of 3230

Thread: Beretta 92 FS Compact (and general Beretta love lately)

if you are fat enough, you can go for weeks on water and lemons alone.

attorney? a man who represents himself has a fool for client. go for it!

eh, no point in dying rich?

Quote Originally Posted by DAB View Post
    if you are fat enough, you can go for weeks on water and lemons alone.

attorney? a man who represents himself has a fool for client. go for it!

eh, no point in dying rich?
    The fact that the mec gar 10 round mags function reliably is a HUGE selling point for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Look! Just because we're bereaved, that doesn't make us saps!

Does anyone know where I can pick up some rubber washers/o-rings for the grip screws? Are there specific ones I can order or do I just go pick up o-rings from the hardware store? If so, what size?
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post
    Does anyone know where I can pick up some rubber washers/o-rings for the grip screws? Are there specific ones I can order or do I just go pick up o-rings from the hardware store? If so, what size?
    Might try these. The O-rings they ship with their grips are outstanding.

https://vzgrips.com/accessories/hardware/bushings

#60 O rings at any hardware store.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    #60 O rings at any hardware store.
    Awesome. I'll swing by and grab a handful in the morning.
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Another option (I believe recommended by one of the Beretta cognoscenti here): http://www.challisgrips.com/p/110-Gr...-8-pieces.aspx

Brownells also stocks them: for folks not in a hurry, little things like that are good ones to have in mind for their periodic free shipping with no minimum order offers.

Quote Originally Posted by Gater View Post
    Another option (I believe recommended by one of the Beretta cognoscenti here): http://www.challisgrips.com/p/110-Gr...-8-pieces.aspx
    Bookmarked JIC.

I have a vertec, rarely shoot it, but figured it's not junk so I'm going to clean it up some. Part of that includes cerakoting it because a friend runs a shop.

I'll need to take the entire slide apart to cerakote, and this seems to be a good time to replace the extractor spring. But... should I replace the known good extractor and does the pin need to be replaced anytime it's taken out / unstaked? Is there anything else I should make sure to replace while taking the gun down this far? Already going to put in the Beretta G-conversion lever and already have fairly new Trijicons on it.

Side question: Who the hell thought it was a good idea to stake this pin in!?

Quote Originally Posted by S R View Post
    I have a vertec, rarely shoot it, but figured it's not junk so I'm going to clean it up some. Part of that includes cerakoting it because a friend runs a shop.

I'll need to take the entire slide apart to cerakote, and this seems to be a good time to replace the extractor spring. But... should I replace the known good extractor and does the pin need to be replaced anytime it's taken out / unstaked? Is there anything else I should make sure to replace while taking the gun down this far? Already going to put in the Beretta G-conversion lever and already have fairly new Trijicons on it.

Side question: Who the hell thought it was a good idea to stake this pin in!?
    If the pin is good I reuse them simply because some of the replacement pins have issues. I prefer to stick with what works (particularly if it is a pin that does not need to be staked every time--and many of them don't). I'd also keep the extractor for the same reason if it doesn't have too many rounds. If you've shot 20,000 rounds I might be tempted to replace it. I wouldn't replace it with 5,000 rounds.

That being said, all of this is a matter of judgment and there is no one right answer. As for staking pins that is how things used to be done and it works. But like I said above, a lot of 92 extractor pins simply don't need restaking while others do.
    Last edited by Jeep; 08-21-2018 at 05:24 PM.

User Tag List