Page 236 of 323 FirstFirst ... 136186226234235236237238246286 ... LastLast
Results 2,351 to 2,360 of 3230

Thread: Beretta 92 FS Compact (and general Beretta love lately)

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Let's talk about grips.

My old 96D cop gun came with normal rubber Hogues. I've messed with the wraparound Hogue rubber grips, and tried the Pachmayrs (too big even for my XXL hands).

As my shooting has improved, what I want in a grip has changed, and I'm looking to go thinner. I'd be happy to support Ernest, but I'm concerned his grips may be a little too thin for me, as others with large hands have reported. I've looked around the web, and have seen a couple options that look interesting.

The Hogue G10 checkered grips are my favorite on a P226. The 92 grip checkering goes all the way up, which is a feature everyone likes on the LT grips. I would probably do some minor recontouring toward the top, but otherwise, they look promising. Are these the same thickness as the rubber Hogues, or a bit thinner?

I've also seen some of the old Uncle Mike's grips floating around fleabay. Occasionally darned inexpensive. Lots of checkering, although it's not the most crisp on the points. The upper areas on the left side appear relatively slim and smooth. I've found exactly one post online anywhere that was based on someone actually having a pair, and he liked them better than OE plastic. They look like a decent option. Lots of people like Uncle Mike's boot grips for revolvers. How is the tacky/rubberiness on the 92 grips? A little slicker than a Pachmayr, or about the same?

Does anyone have first-hand experience they can report on with either of these options? Put some calipers on them and report thickness, maybe including comparison to WC and LT?
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Did find these reviews, if you can sit through the mindless commentary for the nuggets. They end up showing a lot more angles than Googling photos got me.

Turn the sound off for this one...
    Not another dime.

I'm actually in the market for new 92 grips myself. I bought some Langdon grips but they are a little too thin for me. I'll probably try the Houges.

Site Supporter
    I've been contemplating the Langdon VZ grips, but I don't hate the OEM plastic grips, so I debate the value.

Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    I've been contemplating the Langdon VZ grips, but I don't hate the OEM plastic grips, so I debate the value.
    The traction is awesome. They're too thin for my large hands though.

Going from memory the Hogue checkered G10s are 1.36 the whole width of the grip.
    I used Sterling Archers location for the measurements from this thread.
    https://www.1911addicts.com/threads/...parison.28872/

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I (thought I) read that the Wilson 92G Compact came with slim grips. Can anyone confirm this? Mine feels a little on the chuncky side, and I wouldn't mind slimming it up a bit. TIA.
    It does not come with slim grips. Kind of annoying IMO, but not a huge deal.

Quote Originally Posted by M2CattleCo View Post
    I'm seriously considering a pair of 92 compacts for concealed carry. I don't have any experience with the compacts outside of not buying an M9A1 compact I shot a couple years ago.

Do they do ok with the D spring? Any reliability, maintenance, or quirks unique to the short ones?

I will use these for occasional CCW and nightstand duty, the fixed sights don't bother me atall and will leave it stock except for the D spring as long as that doesn't cause any issues.
    I am at 828 rounds with my WC 92G CC. Only issue was a feed problem with a round that would not chamber.

If you have issue with the grip printing I would recommend the 92 compact. I also worry about the grip more than anything else and find the 92 compact is about as big a gun as I can reliably get away with when carrying AIWB. A full size 92 would print. I also ground down the giant baseplates that come with most compacts to be more flush with the grips. I wear medium sized gloves and find the grip on the compact is juuuussstt long enough that I can get a full grip and don't have pinching on the reloads.

I'm very happy with mine, just wish it had the same slide that the WC 92G Centurions have with the replaceable front sight. Down the road I will have the front sight drilled for a FO rod, get a LTT trigger job in a bag, and might have it re-finished as the slide already has a decent amount of holster wear despite me nit practicing as much with it as I should.

A buddy who just bought a lightly used BrigTac is a gun of the week type. He cycles through them pretty quickly, almost as if he was related to GJM.

I'm hoping he runs true to from so I can take it off his hands in a couple of weeks.
    Last edited by Trooper224; 02-26-2018 at 02:52 PM.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    A buddy who just bought a lightly used BrigTac is a gun of the week type. He cycles through them pretty quickly, almost as if he was related to GJM.

I'm hoping he runs true to from so I can take it off his hands in a couple of weeks.
    My BT is my favorite pistol, by a good margin. I’m on the fence about the next Beretta. Another BT or a PX4CC...

Both is the answer, it’s just a matter of say when.

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    He cycles through them pretty quickly, almost as if he was related to GJM.
    I was under the impression GJM never gets rid of them, he just puts them in his warehouse-safe in case he decides to shoot a season of USPSA with them in a few years.
    Last edited by OlongJohnson; 02-26-2018 at 07:47 PM.
    Not another dime.

User Tag List