Page 230 of 323 FirstFirst ... 130180220228229230231232240280 ... LastLast
Results 2,291 to 2,300 of 3230

Thread: Beretta 92 FS Compact (and general Beretta love lately)

Is there a place to get new Brig slides or do I just wait for them to maybe pop up on the Beretta site?

Quote Originally Posted by holmes168 View Post
    I think I read this somewhere in the past week- but how close do the 92FS and 92C seem while shooting? Is it a big difference? My local range does not have the PX4 Compact or the 92C available for renting.
    I shot my new-to-me Compact L today for the very first time. I like it quite a bit and it seems to shot similarly to a regular 92. I was quite pleased with it. The recoil was similar to the 92 I shot as well. I wear a large glove typically and the length of the grip with the magazine base fit me well. It's a keeper!

The biggest difference I noticed with it was that my shots were off to the right (I'm right handed). I suspect that it is due to the VZ grips I have on it. They're not the thin grips but I suspect that they are thinner than the stock grips. Initially I thought it had a short reach trigger in it, but looking at it again it appears that it a stock steel trigger. I'm going to shoot it again with the stock grips to see if there's a difference.
    On my other 92 pistols I have the standard width grips.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Is there a place to get new Brig slides or do I just wait for them to maybe pop up on the Beretta site?
    When I found that used one on armslist I tried to check prices. A cursory (not exhaustive) google search turned up nothing.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    The 92C takes a little getting used to. The main issue (for me at least) is that the grip is bobbed quite a bit and the pinky finger ends up utilizing the flared magazine base. To help insure I was able to get good grip purchase on the available real estate - I went with some Wilson Combat grips. I really think they make a hell of a difference.
    Yup.

My local Cabela's finally has an M9A3 on the shelf today, so I was able to handle one for the first time. The desert diarrhea color scheme has never appealed to me, but everything else is pretty nice. I want one.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    My local Cabela's finally has an M9A3 on the shelf today, so I was able to handle one for the first time. The desert diarrhea color scheme has never appealed to me, but everything else is pretty nice. I want one.
    I thought it was okay the first time I saw one, but then I held a WC BrigTac with ultra thins. For me, the Vertec is "meh" but the standard grip (the one I held was with radius) paired with ultra thins is amazing.

-Cory

Quote Originally Posted by cor_man257 View Post
    I thought it was okay the first time I saw one, but then I held a WC BrigTac with ultra thins. For me, the Vertec is "meh" but the standard grip (the one I held was with radius) paired with ultra thins is amazing.

-Cory
    Thin grips don't work for me and I'm a bit "meh" on the Vertec grip. Overall I prefer the standard grip frame with some regular profile VZs. Still, I like the overall package on the M9A3 and may pick one up just for the "ain't it cool" shelf in the safe.
    Last edited by Trooper224; 10-23-2017 at 06:00 PM.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

I took a video of my wife shooting her Beretta 92C: https://youtu.be/M-rT2oa_r0s
    That’s about her sixth mag through the pistol, and the only “upgrades” were a D spring, steel trigger and Wilson Trigger Conversion spring. While it looks only slightly smaller on paper, it’s much smaller in person.

Edit: We bought this pistol a few weeks ago, and had a complete stoppage on my second mag. The slide was in battery, the guide rod was sticking out about a quarter inch, and the slide was absolutely stuck. I knew there was a live round in the chamber, so I worked on it for a while. I released the take down lever, and while the slide still refused to budge, the round did fire. That freed the slide up, and we haven’t had any problems since.
    Last edited by FrankB; 10-24-2017 at 10:44 AM.

Took the M9 out today for some fun. I really enjoy this pistol- if it wasn't so massive, it could become a carry option for me. It still might, but we will see.
    I would be interested in purchasing some after market grips for it- anyone have experience with the LTT grips vs. the Wilson Combat Ultra Thin?
    This country needs an enema- Blues approved sig line

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by holmes168 View Post
    Took the M9 out today for some fun. I really enjoy this pistol- if it wasn't so massive, it could become a carry option for me. It still might, but we will see.
    I would be interested in purchasing some after market grips for it- anyone have experience with the LTT grips vs. the Wilson Combat Ultra Thin?
    Sorry I don't have experience with the LTT grips but I recently installed a set of the WC Ultra Thin grips on a Brigadier and they are fantastic. I also have a set installed on a 92 Compact.

User Tag List