Page 213 of 323 FirstFirst ... 113163203211212213214215223263313 ... LastLast
Results 2,121 to 2,130 of 3230

Thread: Beretta 92 FS Compact (and general Beretta love lately)

Alright, I just picked up an Inox Brigadier today. Brand new, and it's made in Italy. I didn't know they made Brig's in Italy. Is this a new thing?

I've got a weakness for the Brig slide when done in stainless, it just looks..... perfect. I was already there to get something else and there this thing was and I said heck, throw that one on too.

I may set it up like Les recommended in his thread and shoot it until I break something.

http://shopwilsoncombat.com/Flat-Wir...tinfo/752FS14/

I recently installed one of these on my training gun. After firing about 2k rounds with it in place I can confirm that it doesn't impede function or effect reliability. Wilsons two claims are, it reduces muzzle flip and will essentially last forever. The 92 is a large, heavy gun by todays standards and it's a 9mm, so muzzle flip isn't extreme in stock form. The spring may reduce muzzle flip by a bit, but I don't find it redefining. The recoil impulse does seem a bit smoother. As for it being the last recoil spring you'll ever need: only time will tell on that. I tried Wilsons flat wire 1911 spring and found those claims to be, well, exaggerated, so we'll see on this one. I consider Shok-Buffs to be a question looking for an answer and I left it out, so its inclusion isn't mandatory.
    Last edited by Trooper224; 09-01-2017 at 03:35 PM.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    http://shopwilsoncombat.com/Flat-Wir...tinfo/752FS14/

I recently installed one of these on my training gun. After firing about 2k rounds with it in place I can confirm that it doesn't impede function or effect reliability. Wilsons two claims are, it reduces muzzle flip and will essentially last forever. The 92 is a large, heavy gun by todays standards and it's a 9mm, so muzzle flip isn't extreme in stock form. The spring may reduce muzzle flip by a bit, but I don't find it redefining. The recoil impulse does seem a bit smoother. As for it being the last recoil spring you'll ever need: only time will tell on that. I tried Wilsons flat wire 1911 spring and found those claims to be, well, exaggerated, so we'll see on this one. I consider Shok-Buffs to be a question looking for an answer and I left it out, so its inclusion isn't mandatory.
    Your flat wire experience mirrors mine. I've removed the flat wire from my own 5" 1911, but it remains in my BrigTac. No Shok-Buffs for me either.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    Your flat wire experience mirrors mine. I've removed the flat wire from my own 5" 1911, but it remains in my BrigTac. No Shok-Buffs for me either.
    Does it come standard on the BrigTac?
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    Does it come standard on the BrigTac?
    No it does not; I picked it up when it came time to swap recoil springs for routine maintenance.

I haven't tried a flat wire spring in my 92s. I run Wilson's 12.5# chrome silicon spring/Shok Buff on all my full size carry 92s. I run the 11.5# chrome silicon/shok buff combo on my gamer Brig Tac and EII.
    Last edited by MSparks909; 09-01-2017 at 05:52 PM.
    Shoot more, post less...

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    I tried a Shok-Buff on my police-trade 96D, hoping to maximize the life of the frame. Got consistent nosedive failures to feed in the 5-9 rounds left part of the magazine with a couple different kinds of ammo. Brand new factory mags. All of the mags. Took out the Shok-Buff and it's never had a stoppage since.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

I made a mistake today......handled a Wilson 92 BrigTac. I HAVE to have one of these now. Guess I need to go back and read the other 213 pages and educate myself on Berettas.

This is going to be expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by LSP552 View Post
    I made a mistake today......handled a Wilson 92 BrigTac. I HAVE to have one of these now. Guess I need to go back and read the other 213 pages and educate myself on Berettas.

got mine in July (ordered in December), shot it again today.....they are really, really nice.

what are you going to do, die rich?

Quote Originally Posted by LSP552 View Post

Shooter's Connection has 23 in stock...You'll need a holster too...might as well jump in on the Mastermind Tactics BrigTac holster promotion that starts tomorrow...
    Last edited by JSGlock34; 09-02-2017 at 08:30 PM.

User Tag List