Page 211 of 323 FirstFirst ... 111161201209210211212213221261311 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,110 of 3230

Thread: Beretta 92 FS Compact (and general Beretta love lately)

Just scored 10 surplus Check-Mate mags off GunBroker for $100, unpackaged but supposedly unused. I know they're not OEM or Mec-gar but the ones we have at work have been fine so I figured for $10/each they'll be decent range mags. Here in Colorado, even though I'm exempt from the mag capacity limit, replacing mags over 15 rounds is still difficult and expensive ( even in a free state 17s and 20s are north of $40) so the factory 17s and Mec-gar 20s I have get vetted with the gun and only used for carry and house duty.
    Last edited by Bigghoss; 08-05-2017 at 04:55 AM.

Two questions of opinion and speculation (the fun internet kind of questions)...

1) When will we see the third Beretta model from Bill Wilson?

2) What is the likelihood of ever seeing another SAO beretta? I want one really, REALLY bad.

Quote Originally Posted by StraitR View Post
    Two questions of opinion and speculation (the fun internet kind of questions)...

1) When will we see the third Beretta model from Bill Wilson?

2) What is the likelihood of ever seeing another SAO beretta? I want one really, REALLY bad.
    If either of those things ever happen, it'll be after they've fulfilled the last of the M9/M9A1 contract and gotten caught up on production of everything else. As much as I'd like to see new stuff it would be nice just to have all of their current models available.

Years ago, my favorite carry gun was a 92 Custom Carry, with night sights I had done by Tool Tech. Overtime, I came to dislike the safety. Fast forward to today, I (somewhat) recently picked up a 92G Wilson Compact. I really love this gun. Only disappointment is they're no longer doing the fixed sight, night sight install. Instead, I opted for a fiber optic install.

Two things I'd like to get, a flush mainspring cap (i.e. Get rid of the lanyard loop), probably easy. Would also like to see a flush fit mag, that adds a round, maybe two. I bet MecGar could do it, but doubt there's enough demand.

Anyway, first post here. Lots of knowledgeable people here. Thanks for having me aboard.

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Gabe, just another reason you need a 92. The 34 and 92 are simpatico.
    i am going through this ancient thread learning about Berettas. I have to agree with this statement. I really enjoy the long barrel with shortish grip of the 92 series. It reminds me very much of a chopped grip G17/34.

Hammertime

Beretta 92 FS Compact (and general Beretta love lately)

Delete
    Last edited by Doc_Glock; 08-14-2017 at 02:34 PM. Reason: Wrong thread.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Enel View Post
    i am going through this ancient thread learning about Berettas. I have to agree with this statement. I really enjoy the long barrel with shortish grip of the 92 series. It reminds me very much of a chopped grip G17/34.
    Thought the same thing for years. I've found out that there is actually a slightly better concealment with a 92 than even an G19 (at least on me). The grip is just a tad bit longer but the roundness of the 92 allows shirts to 'flow' instead of 'snag'...

Quote Originally Posted by fixer View Post
    Thought the same thing for years. I've found out that there is actually a slightly better concealment with a 92 than even an G19 (at least on me). The grip is just a tad bit longer but the roundness of the 92 allows shirts to 'flow' instead of 'snag'...
    I notice the same. My M9A3 prints less AIWB than my 19.
    Shoot more, post less...

Anybody here know of a good airsoft replica of either the 92 or the PX4 with a close to factory trigger weight? I bought an airsoft Glock to practice with years ago and it's really good but the trigger is way too light. I'd like to get something with a realistic trigger pull.

Since I don't know what I don't know: Beretta USA currently has new complete 92FS slide for sale at $88. The slide has serrations too far back on the right side by 2mm (cosmetic). I picked one up to put on a no-rail brigadier pistol because holsters are easier that way. Any reason it might be a bad idea to put the barrel from the Brig into the new slide and run it on the old frame?

User Tag List