Page 209 of 323 FirstFirst ... 109159199207208209210211219259309 ... LastLast
Results 2,081 to 2,090 of 3230

Thread: Beretta 92 FS Compact (and general Beretta love lately)

Vending Machine Operator
    Awesome post, dagga. I have a few spare mags if she needs any. Just your basic Beretta factory 15s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Quote Originally Posted by LockedBreech View Post
    Awesome post, dagga. I have a few spare mags if she needs any. Just your basic Beretta factory 15s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks for the offer. I got a smoking deal on the gun because it was a ban state package that landed I. texas with all ten round mags, so it was difficult to sell.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Great story DB, thanks for sharing.

I ran out of 9mm bullets last week, so for a few range sessions I had to drag out one of my 1911s. Today, I was able to go back to the 92. A few years ago I never would have dreamed of saying this, but I don't miss the 1911 or the .45acp at all. Over the last three years I've put around 45-50K rounds through three different 92s without a single malfunction of any kind. I've never had that experience with any other handgun, personally owned or issued. The pizza blaster has really won me over.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Great story DB, thanks for sharing it.

Last week I ran out of 9mm bullets. While waiting for my latest order to arrive, I had to drag out one of my 1911s for three range sessions. Today, I was able to go back to the 92 and I have to admit, I don't miss the 1911 or the .45acp. A few years ago I never would have dreamed I'd say that. Over the last three years, I put 45K-50K rounds through three different 92s without a single malfunction. That goes beyond any other pistol I've ever used, issued or personally owned. The pizza blaster has really won me over.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Site Supporter
    The 92A1 is one of my favorite guns! That is great! Wish one of my kids would decide they wanted one.

DB, very cool. It must be great to have your daughter have an interest in pistolcraft. Congrats!

Another pizza fan here. I have a wide smattering of pistols and am slowly consolidating to pizza. I have a 2014 Inox Vertec and my wife has an original purchase '94 FS that with a D spring and Elite II hammer is slick as snot. I'm not overwhelmed by the Vertec frame and am looking to get some flavor of 92. Somewhere between an M9A1 and 92A1. Has Tool Tech started doing the tritium front sight inserts again? From the very favorable threads on this site, the PX4's also sound very interesting.

Can an M9 or M9A1 frame be purchased? Anyone have a link?

Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    The 92A1 is one of my favorite guns! That is great! Wish one of my kids would decide they wanted one.
    I was a bit surprised at her liking the 92 of all things. Thankfully, she also likes S&W revolvers. I was sure she would take to the PX4CC as she was able to work it much better. I think it was two factors. First, she is a high level volleyball player and can palm a volleyball and has more hand strength than most teen girls, so the grip was not a big issue. Also, the sight was a big deal. I have found over the years working for Aimpoint that the last twenty years of kids are a different breed on how they look at things because of growing up in a massive technology burst. They like "simple". The fiber optic in a U notch gives a fairly simple sight picture with no issues as to what to be focusing on. It is always neat to see what is important to normal earth people who didn't live on internet gun forums as to what is important.

I ll try to dive in latter to another enlightening rid bit about the DA/SA transition. Maybe the thread that went up elsewhere.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.

Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post
    I was a bit surprised at her liking the 92 of all things. Thankfully, she also likes S&W revolvers. I was sure she would take to the PX4CC as she was able to work it much better. I think it was two factors. First, she is a high level volleyball player and can palm a volleyball and has more hand strength than most teen girls, so the grip was not a big issue. Also, the sight was a big deal. I have found over the years working for Aimpoint that the last twenty years of kids are a different breed on how they look at things because of growing up in a massive technology burst. They like "simple". The fiber optic in a U notch gives a fairly simple sight picture with no issues as to what to be focusing on. It is always neat to see what is important to normal earth people who didn't live on internet gun forums as to what is important.

I ll try to dive in latter to another enlightening rid bit about the DA/SA transition. Maybe the thread that went up elsewhere.
    I agree about normal earth people vs internet forum people. Sometimes forums are great for sharing good info, but I think sometimes people get way too hung up on very minor details.

Glad to see your daughter liking shooting a service size pistol. I know I look forward to the day I can introduce mine to them.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post

U-notch is interesting. Does she like that better than square? If so, why? I've been putting off ordering different sights for mine as I get used to putting a lot of rounds through it, and debating the square vs U-notch.

Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    U-notch is interesting. Does she like that better than square? If so, why? I've been putting off ordering different sights for mine as I get used to putting a lot of rounds through it, and debating the square vs U-notch.
    I have found that the Call of Duty generation is bafffled by ironnsight and totally get "press when the dot is on it" red dot stuff. The U notch is great for thos of us who like to drive the dot. Combined with a fiber optic and I believe that rear circular shape tells the eye to center the front dot. My kid seemed to really get the sight picture. With the S&W and PX4CC the "focus o the orange, with equal light and equal height in the rear notch" just seemed to be a bit more things than she wanted. For totally novice shooters and non-dedicated shooters, I find the X/S Big Dots actually work well. They are just easy for anyone training to be able to out shoot. He X/S dots are dummy simple to employ.

User Tag List