Page 206 of 323 FirstFirst ... 106156196204205206207208216256306 ... LastLast
Results 2,051 to 2,060 of 3230

Thread: Beretta 92 FS Compact (and general Beretta love lately)

Dang, that is an unusual failure. I would call Beretta CS on Monday with your serial number. I am sure the issue will be resolved.

A steel guide rod will not snap, but one can be bent enough to bind/restrict slide operation. I have the Wilson steel guide rod part in four guns, and I have had no issues with it. I have only tried the flat-wire spring in short 1911-pattern pistols that exhibit very low recoil spring round count lives. With the cost of recoil springs being so low, I am not sure the flat-wire part makes sense for the 92-series.

Looking at the recoil spring, I've noticed that both ends have flattened out. I don't have any other pistols with non-captive recoil springs and my time with the M9 in the military was six years ago. I don't remember the recoil springs of any of the military M9s exhibiting this but I can't be sure. Is this normal?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    Looking at the recoil spring, I've noticed that both ends have flattened out. I don't have any other pistols with non-captive recoil springs and my time with the M9 in the military was six years ago. I don't remember the recoil springs of any of the military M9s exhibiting this but I can't be sure. Is this normal?

No.

Check the interior of the recoil spring channel in the slide for burrs or machining/finish issues. Verify the locking block has no abnormal wear-at this stage there should be little - and verify the barrel isn't flawed.
    Last edited by GardoneVT; 02-19-2017 at 04:39 PM.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

^ I wouldn't worry about that. Colt does that to their 1911 hammer springs. Suppose to be beneficial for even compression or something.

http://www.leespring.com/int_learn_compression.asp.

Read "ends".

Quote Originally Posted by QuickStrike View Post
    ^ I wouldn't worry about that. Colt does that to their 1911 hammer springs. Suppose to be beneficial for even compression or something.

http://www.leespring.com/int_learn_compression.asp.

Read "ends".
    My concern is that the recoil spring didn't come like that from the factory. It started out with rounded ends and they flattened within the 245 rounds I shot.

My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    My concern is that the recoil spring didn't come like that from the factory. It started out with rounded ends and they flattened within the 245 rounds I shot.

plastic beretta guide rods suck, wilsons fluted was well worth the money for me.

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    plastic beretta guide rods suck, wilsons fluted was well worth the money for me.
    Replacing the plastic guide rod and trigger is one of the first things I do to any Beretta- after putting in a D spring.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    This thread and my like for my big ol' 96D police trade in have been causing me to think about the Compact a lot lately. Finally found one in stock locally. Happy to say I like the USP Compact ever so much more. Just fits, feels, balances, points, does everything better in my hands, without firing either. And you can LEM it. And one is already in my safe. Rare enough for a trip to the LGS to save me money... just thought I'd share.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

I'm back to the Beretta 92. I recently went to the doc due to a shoulder issue and was afraid I might be looking at surgery. Thankfully (I guess) it's a combination of tendonitis and arthritis, so no surgery needed. I decided to pull one of the 92's out of the safe and get back into that for a while. I'd forgotten how much I like it. With arthritis in both hands and now my right shoulder as well, the 1911 just hammers me too much. I can burn up two or three hundred rounds in one session with minimal backlash, with the big pizza blaster. I'm also getting some pretty impressive results at longer range now, which was my reason for hanging onto God's gun. After more than three decades I honestly think I'm finally done with the 1911 as a carry gun. Beretta all the way.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Quick question for the guru's. I am currently shooting a 305 Novak rear and printing about 3-4 inches low at 25. Brownells has a 320 Novak in stock. Would that get me where I need to go? I use a drive the dot sight picture. Front sight will stay the same.
    "Next time somebody says USPSA or IPSC is all hosing, junk punch them." - Les Pepperoni
    --

User Tag List