Page 18 of 323 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868118 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta 92 FS Compact (and general Beretta love lately)

As of a minute ago, "Billjwlson" is high bidder.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    That would be nice, although I'd have to have rear notch recut. Can't do their U-notch. I wonder if they'll offer different heights, with 92s fixed front.

OK.
    I could easily see an application for a non-lethal Mozambique, like shooting off his dick, and left ear after that.

I've been doing this too recently. I am maybe tighter on a body, but I miss head more, usually high.
    That was the first time I ran the Beretta from the holster shooting that drill.Started concealed & hammer down. Typically I shoot an indoor range which very strictly forbids holster practice. I wish I could argue, but they don't have much ceiling left and can ill afford liability lawsuits.

That afternoon and the rest of the week I had access to a field where I could do as I pleased. How liberating -and i'm now quite jealous of people who have their own ranges.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    As of a minute ago, "Billjwlson" is high bidder.
    I know a guy named bill Wilson who likes 92s a lot.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Site Supporter
    I know a guy named Bill Wilson who recently purchased a 92 compact from me...

Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    I know a guy named bill Wilson who likes 92s a lot.

Quite in line with thread title of general Beretta love that 92G-SD sold for $1570...That's a whole lot of love.

Any practical benefit to Elite II Skeletonized Hammer?

Just curious, figured I'd ask the experts. I've installed a D spring, and have the skeletonized hammer on hand...I just wonder if I'm losing anything in reliability/gaining anything in performance compared to the stock 92FS hammer, or if it's mostly just a cosmetic upgrade. I'll be shooting a good amount of NATO M882. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Moshjath View Post
    Just curious, figured I'd ask the experts. I've installed a D spring, and have the skeletonized hammer on hand...I just wonder if I'm losing anything in reliability/gaining anything in performance compared to the stock 92FS hammer, or if it's mostly just a cosmetic upgrade. I'll be shooting a good amount of NATO M882. Thanks!
    I've been running the D spring/E2 skeleton hammer combo for the last 500 rounds with zero problems, including a 100 round box of 9mm NATO.

My backup Beretta has the same combination, and it hasn't choked either.

Quote Originally Posted by GardoneVT View Post
    I've been running the D spring/E2 skeleton hammer combo for the last 500 rounds with zero problems, including a 100 round box of 9mm NATO.

My backup Beretta has the same combination, and it hasn't choked either.
    Do you feel like you have gained anything with the skeletonized hammer?

Quote Originally Posted by 5pins View Post
    Do you feel like you have gained anything with the skeletonized hammer?
    Besides aesthetic improvement, it does make manipulation of the slide w/the hammer down slightly easier.

I keep waffling about a 92. I got a chance to shoot someone's 92FS the other day at the range. It didn't scream my name like my first P30 did. Shot pretty soft with my usual plinking ammo but I only put 14 rounds down the tube. Grip didn't speak to me either, but I'm still drawn to them anyways. I didn't HATE the gun, but I didn't LOVE it either at first blush. I have my eye on a 92G and if the price is right I just might pull the trigger.

It's only money after all
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

User Tag List