Page 172 of 323 FirstFirst ... 72122162170171172173174182222272 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,720 of 3230

Thread: Beretta 92 FS Compact (and general Beretta love lately)

Quote Originally Posted by pastaslinger View Post
    Looks like it was just an elite ii slide on a m9a1 frame

They could call it elite iii, elite IV, elite zero, doesn't matter as long as it has the name elite in it

There would be a market for it. Aside from people that are very into firearms and care about the differences between a 92fs and an elite, counterstrike global offensive has it in game (granted they are dual elite II's) and so there are bound to be people that play that game that would be interested in buying one- the game is hugely popular. There is a very real group of people that have gotten interested in firearms as a result of video games.
    Except Wilson Combat already makes an "Elite 3".

Names a lot better on it too.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

Quote Originally Posted by GardoneVT View Post
    Except Wilson Combat already makes an "Elite 3".

Names a lot better on it too.
    The EL model will be closer to an elite iii than the Wilson

Wilson lacks the front slide serrations which is annoying and has a lanyard loop which I don't care for but that's an easy fix

Quote Originally Posted by VolGrad View Post
    I saw the Wilson Compact version has been discontinued. My buddy with the unfired one that I passed on a few weeks ago sure is happy. His just increased in value. I'm sure he will make some cash when he sells it.
    I just saw this as well and found a NIB Compact Carry on GB for original list price. Snatched it up. I didnt care much for my old Type M. Maybe this one will be a keeper. If not, im sure i could make some $$$

Quote Originally Posted by DGI View Post
    I just saw this as well and found a NIB Compact Carry on GB for original list price. Snatched it up. I didnt care much for my old Type M. Maybe this one will be a keeper. If not, im sure i could make some $$$
    Ugh. This thread cost me more money! I somehow missed that the Compact Carry was discontinued until I clicked on this thread today...I had been saving up for a P229 Legion and a P320 Compact (been on the Sig train as of late) but I did not want to miss out on getting a Compact Carry. Found one on GB with the Action Tune and scooped it up. Plan to add a M9A3, the Langdon Beretta and the other WC Beretta to the lineup.

Weww - just finished reading the whole thread.

Is there a consensus on what slide "runs" the best? I know the Elites used Brig slides, but that was partially because of the removable sight issue. Since then we've have the Vertec and 92A1.

So which slide is fastest back on target/tracking/etc: standard weight (FS, Vertec), short standard (Centurion, Compact), Brig/Elite or buffered 92A1? (I realize they aren't cross platform compatible, just phrasing the question that way to not make the discussion about magwells or rails.) Let's assume 92D springs in all.

As an aside, what effect does an aftermarket buffer have on shootability for the standard and Brig slided guns?

Thanks!
    Last edited by Handy; 07-14-2016 at 12:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Handy View Post

Is there a consensus on what slide "runs" the best? I know the Elites used Brig slides, but that was partially because of the removable sight issue. Since then we've have the Vertec and 92A1.

So which slide is fastest back on target/tracking/etc: standard weight (FS, Vertec), short standard (Centurion, Compact), Brig/Elite or buffered 92A1? (I realize they aren't cross platform compatible, just phrasing the question that way to not make the discussion about magwells or rails.) Let's assume 92D springs in all.

As an aside, what effect does an aftermarket buffer have on shootability for the standard and Brig slided guns?

Thanks!
    Here my thoughts on the Brigadier.

In terms of objective shootability, I only have data based on my own performance. Read ahead with that disclaimer in mind.

Subjective performance of a Brigadier 9mm vs an M9 Commercial suggests the Brigadier has significantly reduced felt recoil. Another factor to consider is the Brigadiers use heavier frames then the M9s and legacy straight dustcover 92FS (either a rail or the slanted dustcover) , so both features make it the lightest recoiling stock production 9mm I've personally shot.

However, comma, the standard M9 is hardly a 40 caliber HK P30 in the recoil department. So those features are somewhat dubious in terms of a benefit.

Aftermarket buffers are a waste ,IMO. The M9 was designed and tested to handle NATO military ammo, and as stated above its hardly a recoil monster.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

My 92A1 shoots insanely flat.. flattest 9mm I have ever shot.

Here my thoughts on the Brigadier.

In terms of objective shootability, I only have data based on my own performance. Read ahead with that disclaimer in mind.

Subjective performance of a Brigadier 9mm vs an M9 Commercial suggests the Brigadier has significantly reduced felt recoil. Another factor to consider is the Brigadiers use heavier frames then the M9s and legacy straight dustcover 92FS (either a rail or the slanted dustcover) , so both features make it the lightest recoiling stock production 9mm I've personally shot.

However, comma, the standard M9 is hardly a 40 caliber HK P30 in the recoil department. So those features are somewhat dubious in terms of a benefit.

Aftermarket buffers are a waste ,IMO. The M9 was designed and tested to handle NATO military ammo, and as stated above its hardly a recoil monster.

Thank you for your comments.

My question was mainly about relative competition performance - similar to the comparisons of G17 vs. G34.

Does the heavier, recoil absorbing Brig slide have a downside, like pushing the muzzle down when it goes into battery, or is the only penalty the added size and weight in the holster? Across town, people are making their Glock and 1911 slides lighter for competition, so you'll understand why I ask about adding mass.

And does the 92A1 buffer do anything for shooting, or it is purely about adding durability, and those guns shoot little different than an otherwise similar M9A1?

Any standard sized pistol in 9mm isn't going to be a recoil monster, and the M9 certainly isn't. However it has a relatively high bore axis, which increases muzzle flip a bit, and I find the heavy slide of the Brig Tac reduces that, which allows slightly faster reacquisition of a sight picture. So, if you don't mind the extra weight you should be able to shoot the Brigadier a bit faster, and that might be worth something depending on what you are doing.

My view is that it is a benefit, but a somewhat marginal one.

Quote Originally Posted by Handy View Post

Thanks!
    I dunno - I kinda don't "get" the brig slide. I like it, but it is pretty big. I don't have any issues pushing it around in competition, etc, tho.
    The vertex slide might just be a better engineered slide? Maybe more cost effective? Again IDK.

Comparing the Brig slide to the stock slide? I don't notice a difference, IF they're both sprung "right".

It did take me a bit to get used to the the rail'd frame - the balance of the older Elite guns was actually like the littlest bear's porridge for me: "just right".

User Tag List