Page 161 of 323 FirstFirst ... 61111151159160161162163171211261 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,610 of 3230

Thread: Beretta 92 FS Compact (and general Beretta love lately)

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by Clobbersaurus View Post
    Have any of you dudes tried the old Pachmayr rubber grips? Are they grippy/tacky, or are they just slippery hard rubber?

I'm desperate for a decent set of grips for my competition gun. Grip tape works but it's flailing the skin off at the base of my index finger. I can't stipple my grips due to IPSC regs.
    I have put a set on my 96. Haven't gotten it out to the range since adding them yet, but I like the feel of the Pachmayrs on everything. They are kind of in-between a Hogue tacky and a hard plastic. Soft-touch but not rubbery, a nice balance. They generally add a lot of girth to a pistol, so if you have small hands, you may not like them as well.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    I have put a set on my 96. Haven't gotten it out to the range since adding them yet, but I like the feel of the Pachmayrs on everything. They are kind of in-between a Hogue tacky and a hard plastic. Soft-touch but not rubbery, a nice balance. They generally add a lot of girth to a pistol, so if you have small hands, you may not like them as well.
    You can do just just the side panels with skateboard tape front and back to minimize the girth.

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    Thanks for the link! I just contacted him, hopefully he ships to Canada!

Thanks for the link! I just contacted him, hopefully he ships to Canada!
    If I'm reading it right, those are OEM grips that are modified. I thought ipsc was no modifications?
    i used to wannabe

I'm desperate for a decent set of grips for my competition gun. Grip tape works but it's flailing the skin off at the base of my index finger. I can't stipple my grips due to IPSC regs.
    I've noticed Ergo Grips now has Beretta 92 grips. http://ergogrips.net/products/handgu...-model-92.html

Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    If I'm reading it right, those are OEM grips that are modified. I thought ipsc was no modifications?
    Yeah it says in rule 16.1 that modifications to OFM parts is prohibited........but rule 17.3 states: "17.3 Aftermarket grip panels which match the profile and contours of the OFM standard or optional grip panels for the approved handgun and/or the application of tape on grips (see Appendix E3a) are permitted. However, rubber sleeves are prohibited."

I wouldn't modify the grips I would buy them as an aftermarket part, from his website. It's a stupid distinction I know, not sure it it follows the rules or not.

It seems my conversion to full gamer is almost complete.....

Quote Originally Posted by JTQ View Post
    I've noticed Ergo Grips now has Beretta 92 grips. http://ergogrips.net/products/handgu...-model-92.html
    I can't get them in the Great White North.....

Site Supporter
    Hogue also makes rubber replacement panels similar to the standard grips, in fact they were offered as OEM on some 92/96 models. I had a set on my 96D Brig duty gun back in the day along with skate tape but I had to buy the ones from Beretta with the logo for them to be recognized as a "factory" part. Shot my first USPSA match with that gun.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    The way the front strap kicks out at the bottom doesn't work for me - it makes my strong-hand pinky finger feel scrunched. I went with wraparound Hogues at first to straighten out the run of the front strap. The finger separators were in the wrong place, so I ground them off, and it all worked out pretty well.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    The way the front strap kicks out at the bottom doesn't work for me - it makes my strong-hand pinky finger feel scrunched. I went with wraparound Hogues at first to straighten out the run of the front strap. The finger separators were in the wrong place, so I ground them off, and it all worked out pretty well.
    I'm not referring to the wrap around Hogues with the finger grooves.

They are crap on both the SIG and Beretta. They are too big unless you have XXXL hands and if you do have XXXL hands the finger grooves are too small.

Every shooter I've had at work saw there scores improve when we too the hogue wrap arounds off their beretta or SIG.

I was talking about these: http://www.hogueinc.com/store/produc...els-black/4195

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 767
Size:  40.5 KB

Here is the same thing (Made by Hogue) but with the Beretta logo, from Beretta so there is no question it's a "factory" part.

http://www.berettausa.com/en-us/bere...rips/jg92fsr2/
    Last edited by HCM; 05-03-2016 at 01:38 AM.

User Tag List