Page 152 of 323 FirstFirst ... 52102142150151152153154162202252 ... LastLast
Results 1,511 to 1,520 of 3230

Thread: Beretta 92 FS Compact (and general Beretta love lately)

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    Ernest Langdon is showing pictures of a black M9A3 with 'G' lever on his Instagram page.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BDBlZSEN...ernest.langdon
    I am in for a pair of the black M9A3 "G" when they are released. It is nice to see Beretta shedding their HK marketing ways and actually responding to consumer demand. It is also nice to see the current US service pistol design being modified to meet user needs and wants just like the 1911 design started to progress during the 1980s.
    Last edited by farscott; 03-18-2016 at 11:08 AM.

I like everything about the M9A3 except the Vertec grip -- they point funny for me. Would stick a M9A1 lower on.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by Pennzoil View Post
    Unfortunately the gun is all show no go after all the work and a second trip back to WC. Decocker still sticks so I've lost interest in this gun.
    Is the lever sticking in the "decock" position? I wonder if this is a tooling issue with the way the spring sits in the lever or if the finish work exacerbated a tolerance stack issue. This sounds like the kind of issue I like to dive into as a project as I always end up learning lots about the design and the implementation of it.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I like everything about the M9A3 except the Vertec grip -- they point funny for me. Would stick a M9A1 lower on.
    I believe the M9A3s ship with a Hogue grip adapter converting the Vertec to a standard grip.Id hope they'd do the same for the Black versions.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

Would love to see Hogue make a similar grip adaptor from G10 like the wrap around Sig grips they make. Would restore palm swell but give G10 grip surface like the WC grips.

Quote Originally Posted by CoGT3 View Post
    Would love to see Hogue make a similar grip adaptor from G10 like the wrap around Sig grips they make. Would restore palm swell but give G10 grip surface like the WC grips.

I'd buy that.

Quote Originally Posted by Edwin View Post
    I'd buy that.
    Seems logical for them. They already make 92 grips, they already make a wrap around rubber grip for the Vertec, they already make a wrap around G10 grip for the Sigs. The only problem is, it would be too logical, so it probably won't happen. At this point, I'm convinced hospital administrators and management for gun manufactures fall from the same tree. Great idea, makes sense, thus can't do it.

Would Make it really easy for me to buy a M9A3 for a house gun and use the WC BT for range/game gun.

Quote Originally Posted by farscott View Post
    Is the lever sticking in the "decock" position? I wonder if this is a tooling issue with the way the spring sits in the lever or if the finish work exacerbated a tolerance stack issue. This sounds like the kind of issue I like to dive into as a project as I always end up learning lots about the design and the implementation of it.
    Decocker isn't fully returning. It happens intermittently and causes the hammer not to strike the primer fully.
    Name:  IMG_2274.jpg
Views: 971
Size:  102.1 KB

I really wish this had worked out as I was a fan of WC. Communication when I first sent the pistol in for custom work went smooth. Tested the gun when I first got it back at the indoor range and it seemed ok but decocker spring tension felt light. Attended a 2 day class and it was my first time being the guy who's gun wouldn't run which is shocking with the number of classes I've attend. I had a back up with me the consecutive serial number brother to this gun but mentally vapor locked on switching out.

Then came contacting WC to get the gun looked at which was a PITA. CS voicemail wasn't set up so I couldn't leave a message, listened to a lady for 2 hours who wouldn't listen to me (she assumed they had the pistol walking around their facility looking for the pistol despite me telling her I had the gun and needed to send it in) and once they finished the work WC said they didn't have my contact info so the gun didn't ship till I contacted them to check on the work. Thats just the highlights.

That said I did deal with some very good people at WC but think I just had bad luck when trying to get my gun fixed. The rest of the work including the trigger job is top notch but I'd skip the G conversion. I did talk to a very knowledgeable WC CS guy who said they have seen issues with these and he handled one problem child just a day prior to my call.

It's been put on the shelf of shame in the safe with my S&W M&Ps for now.
    Last edited by Pennzoil; 03-18-2016 at 05:48 PM.
    Owner of Ryker Nylon Gear - Ryker Nylon Gear Facebook

My WC experience was less than stellar. I don't recommend them to people. My BUSA experience was pretty amazing.
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

Quote Originally Posted by Pennzoil View Post
    Decocker isn't fully returning. It happens intermittently and causes the hammer not to strike the primer fully.
    Name:  IMG_2274.jpg
Views: 971
Size:  102.1 KB

I really wish this had worked out as I was a fan of WC. Communication when I first sent the pistol in for custom work went smooth. Tested the gun when I first got it back at the indoor range and it seemed ok but decocker spring tension felt light. Attended a 2 day class and it was my first time being the guy who's gun wouldn't run which is shocking with the number of classes I've attend. I had a back up with me the consecutive serial number brother to this gun but mentally vapor locked on switching out.

Then came contacting WC to get the gun looked at which was a PITA. CS voicemail wasn't set up so I couldn't leave a message, listened to a lady for 2 hours who wouldn't listen to me (she assumed they had the pistol walking around their facility looking for the pistol despite me telling her I had the gun and needed to send it in) and once they finished the work WC said they didn't have my contact info so the gun didn't ship till I contacted them to check on the work. Thats just the highlights.

That said I did deal with some very good people at WC but think I just had bad luck when trying to get my gun fixed. The rest of the work including the trigger job is top notch but I'd skip the G conversion. I did talk to a very knowledgeable WC CS guy who said they have seen issues with these and he handled one problem child just a day prior to my call.

It's been put on the shelf of shame in the safe with my S&W M&Ps for now.
    If you have not done so yet, I highly recommend contacting WilsonCombatRep on this forum or on the 1911forum. He is the forum representative for Wilson Combat, and he has a reputation for solving issues like this. My personal experience with WC has been nothing short of outstanding. Every company makes mistakes; it is how the mistakes are addressed that separates the good ones from the rest. If you escalate the issue with WC, I am sure it will be resolved. If nothing else, it would be nice to get some closure on this.

My suspicion from playing with a few 92G pistols is a bad spring or the hole in which the spring seats has a burr. So the amount of spring force applied to the lever is less than it should be. Either is an easy fix.

User Tag List