Page 149 of 323 FirstFirst ... 4999139147148149150151159199249 ... LastLast
Results 1,481 to 1,490 of 3230

Thread: Beretta 92 FS Compact (and general Beretta love lately)

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Stand by while I check with the head shed.
    While you're at it, ask about the hammer...
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

^^^^ LOL

But seriously, you should ask.

So...

For my carry compact, I didn't bother with the WC trigger bar - "carry much, shoot little".

The trigger job on that is nice...

On the high volume guns? Oh hell yeah.

For those interested, Guns For a Cause is raffling a Brig Tac currently. $20 a ticket.

OK, here is the skinny.

First, the new hammer has had the work done, and should be in production. They are checking on why it isn't listed on the WC site.

The advantages of the WC trigger bar are twofold. The part has been made of a material (4340, although I may be remembering wrong) that should allow for a trigger job that will hold up for a long time. It is designed so the single and double action hammer drop from the same position, allowing for a lighter trigger pull that reliably ignites primers. There is some variation in the hardness of the OEM trigger bar, and sometimes trigger jobs on the OEM part don't hold up as well. There is also variation in where the DA and SA hammer fall in the OEM part. A few years ago, I had a 92G-SD that was having ignition problems with the DA press. Ernest Langdon pulled my trigger bar at Bill Wilson's ranch, heat treated it and adjusted it so the DA and SA hammer drop were the same, and the ignition problem went away.

It is possible that someone at WC looked at an individual trigger bar and determined that the DA and SA hammer fell from the same position, and on that trigger bar, the WC part would not be an improvement. However, for a high round count live and dry fire gun, as Les mentions, the WC trigger bar is a good investment.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

OK, here is the skinny.

First, the new hammer has had the work done, and should be in production. They are checking on why it isn't listed on the WC site.

The advantages of the WC trigger bar are twofold. The part has been made of a material (4340, although I may be remembering wrong) that should allow for a trigger job that will hold up for a long time. It is designed so the single and double action hammer drop from the same position, allowing for a lighter trigger pull that reliably ignites primers. There is some variation in the hardness of the OEM trigger bar, and sometimes trigger jobs on the OEM part don't hold up as well. There is also variation in where the DA and SA hammer fall in the OEM part. A few years ago, I had a 92G-SD that was having ignition problems with the DA press. Ernest Langdon pulled my trigger bar at Bill Wilson's ranch, heat treated it and adjusted it so the DA and SA hammer drop were the same, and the ignition problem went away.

It is possible that someone at WC looked at an individual trigger bar and determined that the DA and SA hammer fell from the same position, and on that trigger bar, the WC part would not be an improvement. However, for a high round count live and dry fire gun, as Les mentions, the WC trigger bar is a good investment.
    Thank you for going the extra mile to get the correct answers. Will call WC rep on Monday and insist on the trigger bar, this will not be a safe queen.

Guessing hammer is similar to EII hammer but made out of higher quality steel? Or is the geometry of the DA and sear engagement surfaces change too? If their work quote of 4-6 weeks is correct maybe adding 2 parts to,the work order.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I think the new Wilson hammer is actually heavier than the E2 hammer, so as to allow reliable ignition with lighter hammer springs.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I think the new Wilson hammer is actually heavier than the E2 hammer, so as to allow reliable ignition with lighter hammer springs.
    Thanks for asking! This is exactly why I am interested, as I had some light strikes with the new trigger bar and a standard 13# Wolff spring. Switching to the Wilson CS spring seems to have cured these ills and I haven't had a light strike since, but if the hammer is supposed to increase reliable ignition with the lighter springs, I may well install one for extra insurance.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    Thanks for asking! This is exactly why I am interested, as I had some light strikes with the new trigger bar and a standard 13# Wolff spring. Switching to the Wilson CS spring seems to have cured these ills and I haven't had a light strike since, but if the hammer is supposed to increase reliable ignition with the lighter springs, I may well install one for extra insurance.
    The new hammer will add more mass for more reliable ignition. Ignition is very gun and ammo dependent but most guns are 100% reliable with all available import and domestic ammo with the 14# chrome silicon hammer spring installed. The 12 and 13# are best with soft cup domestic primers. The trigger bar is "the ultimate" refinement and can increase hammer arc for more ignition in some guns and achieve better results. It is a great part but for best results a gunsmith should install it. I am not sure why our CS people didn't recommend it, probably because of the extra cost to the customer since unless you are an avid shooter you may not see a huge difference in end result.

WilsonCombatRep,
    Thanks for dropping in and clarifying. Will definitely reach out to CS on Monday as I have no intention of the BT being a safe queen. If the PX4 compact carry becomes my new carry, the BT will get house duties and really see some work then.

Regarding the new hammer, is this ready for prime time? CS said it would be 4-6 works before starting my work. Would love to have the new hammer fitted with the Action Tune while its there.

One other note, if you look at the WC website under the Beretta 92 work tab (not parts list in shop) all the currently available parts are listed for custom work except the trigger bar which may be part of the disconnect. Would not have known to ask myself if it wasn't for the facilitators at this site.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

User Tag List