Page 142 of 323 FirstFirst ... 4292132140141142143144152192242 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,420 of 3230

Thread: Beretta 92 FS Compact (and general Beretta love lately)

Speaking of Wilson stuff, can I put the Wilson Single Sided De-cocker on my BT and remain IDPA SSP legal?

I've read through the rules, and I find them quite ambiguous in this area.

Vending Machine Operator
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Wilson Combat, Beretta Project #3 will be hit it out of the park good, and nicely complement the Brig Tac and 92G Compact. Bill shoots too accurately for me to say more. I do know that Bill doesn't shoot Vertec frames, and most of his projects are runs of pistols Bill likes.
    I'm rubbing my hands together and cackling like a Scooby Doo villain.

I will likely buy both the BrigTac and the Compact Carry when money allows, and likely the new project too. I've always been a huge fan of both Wilson and Beretta guns. Seems like money I'm very unlikely to regret.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Quote Originally Posted by StraitR View Post
    Speaking of Wilson stuff, can I put the Wilson Single Sided De-cocker on my BT and remain IDPA SSP legal?

I've read through the rules, and I find them quite ambiguous in this area.
    No.

Quote Originally Posted by Edwin View Post
    No.
    Thanks. Looks like I'm shooting ESP moving forward.

No.
    Wouldn't it be considered "disabling" a safety feature?
    (Illegal mod across all divisions?)
    Last edited by Sal Picante; 02-17-2016 at 11:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Les Pepperoni View Post
    The safety still works so not really. The issue is more that its an external, aftermarket part and that isn't allowed in both SSP and Production.

IDPA: 8.2.1.4.1 Externally visible modifications other than those listed in the Permitted Modifications section are prohibited (it's not listed)

USPSA: Appendix D4.21.6 Sights, firing pins, firing pin retainers, pins, extractors and ejectors MAY be replaced with OFM or aftermarket parts. Any other components which are externally visible may ONLY be replaced with OFM parts which are offered on the specific model of gun or another approved gun from the same manufacturer except as specifically clarified below. Examples of external components which may only be replaced with OFM parts include (but are not limited to): magazine releases, slide stops, thumb safeties and triggers.
    Last edited by Edwin; 02-17-2016 at 11:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Les Pepperoni View Post
    Maybe it falls under the (but not limited to) portion of this?

8.1.7.5 Disconnecting or disabling of any safety device including (but not limited to): manual safeties,
    grip safeties, firing pin, striker, and hammer blocking safeties, 1911 series 80 firing pin safeties, 1911 Swartz safeties. 1911 series 80 frames may be used with series 70 slides or vice versa. Revolver actions may not be modified so that the hammer can fall when the cylinder is open.

But didn't Beretta have a factory gun with a Single Sided safety? The Custom Carry. Or, does that not matter because I'm not using the OEM part?

Either way, I've already bought the part, but still need a holster. I'll wait until I source the holster to install the single sided de-cocker. I vastly prefer the sight picture without the right side lever.

ETA: Looks like Edwin clarified. Bummer.
    Last edited by StraitR; 02-17-2016 at 11:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by StraitR View Post
    Maybe it falls under the (but not limited to) portion of this?

8.1.7.5 Disconnecting or disabling of any safety device including (but not limited to): manual safeties,
    grip safeties, firing pin, striker, and hammer blocking safeties, 1911 series 80 firing pin safeties, 1911 Swartz safeties. 1911 series 80 frames may be used with series 70 slides or vice versa. Revolver actions may not be modified so that the hammer can fall when the cylinder is open.

But didn't Beretta have a factory gun with a Single Sided safety? The Custom Carry. Or, does that not matter because I'm not using the OEM part?

Either way, I've already bought the part, but still need a holster. I'll wait until I source the holster to install the single sided de-cocker. I vastly prefer the sight picture without the right side lever.

ETA: Looks like Edwin clarified. Bummer.
    The Wilson single sided safety is different in shape on the right side from the Beretta version. If it had been the same, you could make an argument for allowing it.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

The Wilson single sided safety is different in shape on the right side from the Beretta version. If it had been the same, you could make an argument for allowing it.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Thanks for you help.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Wilson Combat, Beretta Project #3 will be hit it out of the park good, and nicely complement the Brig Tac and 92G Compact. Bill shoots too accurately for me to say more. I do know that Bill doesn't shoot Vertec frames, and most of his projects are runs of pistols Bill likes.
    I would so like a Centurion or a selective DA/SA or.... SA only?

User Tag List