Page 141 of 323 FirstFirst ... 4191131139140141142143151191241 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,410 of 3230

Thread: Beretta 92 FS Compact (and general Beretta love lately)

The Ergo grips are pretty decent, and certainly a great value at around $26. Here's some info/images from their website: http://ergogrips.net/products/handgu...-model-92.html

I ran a set from their first production run several years ago for several years; while I replaced them with my current set of Trausch grips (virtually totally unobtainable today, unfortunately), the Ergo grips are an excellent current alternative set of 92 grips.

Some images of the Dark Earth ones on my 92D:

Here's a comparison between the various 92 grips I've run, clockwise from the upper left: Uncle Mike's/Butler Creek rubber/santoprene (Craig Spegel-designed, long out of production); Ergo Grips (hard rubber); OEM Beretta plastic, and Trausch (polymer/fiberglass).

In my experience, all are decent, but the Trausch is by far the best, as it's thinness really radically transforms the handling characteristics of a 92 for the better, and then the Ergo would be my second choice, as they possess excellent gripping characteristics without being "grabby" to clothing. They're a tad thinner than the OEM Beretta grips (and possibly to the Uncle Mike's as well), but not really significantly so.

If I was Beretta 92 grip shoppig/experimenting today, I'd probably try the Ergos first, and then the Wilson's, which are playing to pretty good reviews, but are significantly more expensive.

And my Beretta's slide is at Tooltech literally as I type, having the OEM Trijicons renewed with a orange-surround green tritium front and a black surround yellow tritium rears, and with some new experimental Check-Mate magazines en-route for testing. Hopefully, everything will come together within a week or so.

Best, Jon

Last edited by JonInWA; 02-16-2016 at 01:01 PM.

Nice comparison! Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Yes, the Vertec points enough differently for me than a regular 92, that it messes me up.
    Definitely agree. The difference is subtle, but noticeable, and I liken it to shooting a 1911 with an arched vs flat mainspring housing.

Wilson Combat, Beretta Project #3 will be hit it out of the park good, and nicely complement the Brig Tac and 92G Compact. Bill shoots too accurately for me to say more. I do know that Bill doesn't shoot Vertec frames, and most of his projects are runs of pistols Bill likes.
    I've had a hunch from comments Bill made shortly after the BT was released, and it's why I've passed on the compact. Come on, baby!!!

Thanks for the tip on the Ergo Beretta 92 grips. I've been to their site quite a bit for their 1911 grips, but hadn't seen their Beretta grips. I always thought Beretta grips would be a good seller for them.

Jon did you run the star washers with your Ergo grips? I left the star washers off mine but wasn't sure.

Wilson Combat, Beretta Project #3 will be hit it out of the park good, and nicely complement the Brig Tac and 92G Compact. Bill shoots too accurately for me to say more. I do know that Bill doesn't shoot Vertec frames, and most of his projects are runs of pistols Bill likes.
    So the Centurion is turning out nicely? I hope he make a full size frame with a Vertec slide one day.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven T View Post
    Jon did you run the star washers with your Ergo grips? I left the star washers off mine but wasn't sure.
    Quite honestly, I forget. When I get back home, I'll pull them out and see if there's any washer indentation.

Realistically, if the grip screws 1) Aren't backing out, and 2) Aren't impinging on the magazine tube and inhibiting magazine ejection or insertion, you're fine without the lock washers.

Best, Jon

Jon thank you for the pics and your thoughts on the grips. Much appreciated!

I think I'll be picking up a couple of sets of Ergo's for my guns.

Site Supporter
    All this Wilson stuff is making my wallet hurt...

Sent from my VS876 using Tapatalk

User Tag List