Page 138 of 323 FirstFirst ... 3888128136137138139140148188238 ... LastLast
Results 1,371 to 1,380 of 3230

Thread: Beretta 92 FS Compact (and general Beretta love lately)

Just traded for a mint 92 F compact. Circa 1989 with wood grips. My first Beretta.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 2atlow8 View Post
    Just traded for a mint 92 F compact. Circa 1989 with wood grips. My first Beretta.
    That's how my addiction started dude.

Just wait til you put in a Wilson Trigger bar and 13lb trigger spring...you'll be back

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Groen View Post
    I put the 10-8 rear sight on my 92G to go with my orange Tooltech front sight. I really like how the sight looks, but I think the .130 wide notch is a bit too narrow. Also, the base of the sight was small for my factory dovetail. I used a MGW sight tool to put it in, and it slid right in with no real friction. When I tightened the set screw, the loose sight lifted up a bit in the dovetail, making the sight taller compared to the top of the slide. I will either need to get my file out and modify the sight, or change to a Wilson Combat sight. Wilson sights are supposed to be .150 wide, which I think will be better for my factory width rear.

I like how my pistol turned out. So far I have a stock Beretta 92G with steel trigger, D spring, Beretta oversized steel mag release, Tooltech front sight, 10-8 rear sight, Wilson Combat Ultra-thin black grips. I have a Wilson mag guide on the way. I got a good deal on the pistol when new and bought most of my parts at a discount, so in the end I will have around $850 in the pistol. If I paid normal price for everything, I'd be very close to the price of a new Wilson Combat Beretta. I only mention the price because the more I look at upgrades to a standard pistol the better the price on the Wilson Combat pistol looks to me. Eventually, I will follow Les' advice by trying a weaker recoil spring and a Wilson trigger job/trigger bar.

Here's the sight picture of the Wilson Combat Battlesights.
    Frankly ,IMO the only two must-do mods to a 92FS are Wilson Combat Rear Battlesights and the D spring. The stock sight picture is extremely narrow, which is good for slow shots but quite limiting for fast work.
    Last edited by GardoneVT; 02-13-2016 at 02:43 PM.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

I still love my Novak sights...

Someone (maybe Jon?) is carrying their Brig Tac AIWB in a JMCK I think. Looking to pick up a AIWB holster for mine, if anyone has any updated feedback or suggestions while I keep searching the site, I'd appreciate it.

I normally carry a 19, or lately my chopped 17, in a Keeper. My NPE gun is a 43 in a JMCK, so I'm looking to stay with something similar.

Quote Originally Posted by StraitR View Post
    Someone (maybe Jon?) is carrying their Brig Tac AIWB in a JMCK I think. Looking to pick up a AIWB holster for mine, if anyone has any updated feedback or suggestions while I keep searching the site, I'd appreciate it.

I normally carry a 19, or lately my chopped 17, in a Keeper. My NPE gun is a 43 in a JMCK, so I'm looking to stay with something similar.
    I have a JM AIWB for the Brig Tac. It conceals surprisingly well for a big pistol. It does feel longish to me, similar to a G34.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I have a JM AIWB for the Brig Tac. It conceals surprisingly well for a big pistol. It does feel longish to me, similar to a G34.
    Yikes, the longish thought never crossed my mine. My 17 feels like it's approaching the end of my comfort limit as far as length, so I better go do a quick comparison with my keeper. Thanks.

Yikes, the longish thought never crossed my mine. My 17 feels like it's approaching the end of my comfort limit as far as length, so I better go do a quick comparison with my keeper. Thanks.
    This is the similarly sized 92G-SD in the JM appendix. The butt of the 92 is between a 229 and 226 in size, which helps. The WC 92G Compact is enough shorter, it is noticeably more comfortable in length.

Thanks G. I dug through Ye Olde Bucket of Holsters and found a Galco Stow-n-go, crammed it in and did some squats. Length seems doable.

Thanks G. I dug through Ye Olde Bucket of Holsters and found a Galco Stow-n-go, crammed it in and did some squats. Length seems doable.
    There is a joke in there, but since I already nailed JV with it, I will let you escape,

User Tag List