Page 112 of 323 FirstFirst ... 1262102110111112113114122162212 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,120 of 3230

Thread: Beretta 92 FS Compact (and general Beretta love lately)

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Les, thanks!

Through trial and error, I realized the MecGar reloaded better (only have one MecGar with me at the cabin) than the PVD magazines, which look so pretty. Last night, I filched a Stoeger base pad off a CZ mag for the one M9 MecGar I have. Definitely helps.

I heard Dave Olhasso trimmed the lips on his MecGar mags, saying if you compare the 226 MecGar to the M9 MecGar, the Beretta lips are taller. That apparently helps.

Any thoughts on the front of the mag well being more forgiving?
    GJM, I exclusively use MecGar mags. Coming from a G17, I found the bevelled well on the Elite II a real treat compared to the well on the Glock. I do find when I get a bit off center to the side it will result in me bouncing the mag out of the well. Front or back is much more forgiving. I find with the Beretta, tucking the gun closer to my body insures a better reload as it positions the mag well a little more in line with my mag insertion. Getting a visual lock on the mag well helps me a lot.

I do find that spending a week practising reloads with my Centurion, which has a non bevelled mag well to really speed up my Elite II reloads.
    Last edited by Clobbersaurus; 09-14-2015 at 08:41 PM.

Beretta 92 FS Compact (and general Beretta love lately)

I'm super anal retentive about things... So don't take this the wrong way... But I can't stand the way the checkering doesn't match the border of the frame's original checkering . If they could do it without overshooting the borders, I'd give them 3 guns in a heartbeat.
    Last edited by Sigfan26; 09-14-2015 at 10:12 PM.

They dehorned my 92A1 so much, it is like butter in the hands. Then refinished with green and black Armortuff. Gorgeous job.
    I dehorned my hands by using a Beretta often...

On the downside, I can't even touch my wife now without her recoiling ... Rough stuff indeed.

Does anyone know how many pounds the mainspring is on the 8000F Cougar? Todd mentioned years ago that it's lighter than the "D" spring but should be changed more frequently (every ~4-5k IIRC) in case of ignition problems.

http://www.brownells.com/handgun-par...779-56411.aspx

I'm still trying to read through this entire thread so forgive me if its a repeat. The Wilson 92GSD seems like an amazing bargain for what it is. I've been kicking around buy an M9 and converting it to a G model, working the trigger over, new sights etc. It would strictly be a fun/IDPA gun.

Would I be better off in the long run just ordering the Wilson? I can't imagine that these pistols will get any cheaper over the next five years. By the time I buy a new M9 and add the parts I would be getting close to $800?
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Quote Originally Posted by GreggW View Post
    I'm still trying to read through this entire thread so forgive me if its a repeat. The Wilson 92GSD seems like an amazing bargain for what it is. I've been kicking around buy an M9 and converting it to a G model, working the trigger over, new sights etc. It would strictly be a fun/IDPA gun.

Would I be better off in the long run just ordering the Wilson? I can't imagine that these pistols will get any cheaper over the next five years. By the time I buy a new M9 and add the parts I would be getting close to $800?
    I'd look at getting a plain 92G and having the mag well beveled out. I've got both the BrigTac a a couple 92G's, and they both shoot about the same for me, ymmv. You will have a huge selection of holsters with this setup. If a light rail was important, I'd get the BrigTac or one of the new A3's when they drop.

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    I had a conversation with Ernest Langdon that touched on this point last week. He noted that double column magazines tend to be forgiving if you're off to a side when reloading, but being off to the front or rear is where the magazine gets hung up. Hence, the design of the Wilson magazine guide.

Ernest had one on each of the two 92s with him (pictured below - a Brigadier Tactical and his custom Vertec/M9A1), and on his recommendation I purchased one from him for my own Brig Tac.

I only had the opportunity to run it for one set of reload drills, but my initial impressions are positive, and generally when Ernest recommends something I listen. Besides, I imagine it has to be of more utility than the lanyard loop.
    The 2 FDE pistols in the photo appear to be M9A3s.

They were indeed M9A3s (I believe early production prototypes).

I think the M9A3 makes a tremendous amount of sense to me for military procurement, but I'm smitten with my Wilson Combat Brigadier Tactical 92G.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Quote Originally Posted by johnson View Post
    Does anyone know how many pounds the mainspring is on the 8000F Cougar? Todd mentioned years ago that it's lighter than the "D" spring but should be changed more frequently (every ~4-5k IIRC) in case of ignition problems.

http://www.brownells.com/handgun-par...779-56411.aspx
    Stock Full Size 92 main spring - 20#
    "D" spring - 16#
    Cougar F - 14#

This seems to be the most cited rates that I can find.

Quote Originally Posted by GreggW View Post

It depends on which features about the Brig Tac you like. The combination of railed frame and brigadier slide is going to cost you no matter what, but if you're thinking about converting a regular ol' M9 to G config, just buy a 92G, easily had for 550ish. Then send it to Wilson, where an action job and new sights will run you about 200 or so.
    "Customer is very particular" -- SIG Sauer

User Tag List