Page 103 of 323 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113153203 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 3230

Thread: Beretta 92 FS Compact (and general Beretta love lately)

Quote Originally Posted by Sigfan26 View Post
    Only have 2 of the 20 rounders, but I've never had an issue with them
    My 20 rounders work fine, but it seems to me that they disturb the balance of the pistol a bit. Not so noticeable with a Brig Tac (perhaps because of its heavier slide), but a bit irritating with an M9 in my experience. However, my guess is that this is an individual preference thing.

The 18 round Mec-Gars work well, as do the 15 round Beretta mags and the new (non-parkerized) Checkmate mags (heresy, I know, but I have found they are perfectly fine range mags). One of the best points of the Beretta 92 series is that mags tend to be cheaper than for other pistols these days.

For whatever it's worth I just talked to Beretta USA this morning trying to get a semblance of info on the M9a3, they couldnt/wouldnt tell me anything.

Quote Originally Posted by CanineCombatives View Post
    For whatever it's worth I just talked to Beretta USA this morning trying to get a semblance of info on the M9a3, they couldnt/wouldnt tell me anything.

If you ever find out anything let us know--it seems to be an interesting pistol.

If you're worried about the baseplate's on your magazine going out, consider getting either the Springer Precision anodized aluminum ones or the Shockbottle ones.

How are the 10 rounders?

Quote Originally Posted by Edwin View Post
    If you're worried about the baseplate's on your magazine going out, consider getting either the Springer Precision anodized aluminum ones or the Shockbottle ones.
    Hey, thanks for the links. I wasn't aware of those products, and they'd certainly solve the baseplate cracking problem on the OEM 17 round magazines. On the other hand, $17.50-$24.95 for a magazine base plate is tough to swallow when I can buy a brand new Mec-Gar 18 round magazine for under $20, and I've yet to crack one of those. Options are a good thing though.
    Last edited by JSGlock34; 08-24-2015 at 05:03 PM.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Yeah they are pricey but they are nice.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    How are the 10 rounders?
    The Beretta OEM 10 rounders i've seen run fine.We ran training quals for a contract security force equipped with Police trade in 92FS's and used 10 round OEM magazines. No magazine issues noted.

On an unrelated note, this was a big improvement over the prior 40 caliber SIGMA's which many of the guards had never fired ......

Quote Originally Posted by nyeti View Post
    Any thoughts on the 20 rounders? I was thinking two 18's for concealed carry with an IWB and single mag pouch, and three 20's for a range rig with an OWB holster and double mag pouch.

While I love my old W. German SIGs, I plan for this gun to be my DA/SA training gun.
    I've got four of the 20's, no issues to report. They are far easier to load out of the box than the 18's. If I used a 92 for duty carry I'd put a twenty in the gun and two 18's on my belt.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Hi Risk Customer Services
    Would anyone here be able to comment/provide comparison photos of a Beretta 92 series grip as compared to a Sig P226 (Non E2) grip?

I find the ergonomics of 92G-SD to be superb, however the bottom three fingers on my primary hand feel crowded on the grip. I owned a P226 at one point also, but I can't remember anything about the ergos of it in my hand. I am wondering if the added grip length of the P226 would benefit me. I am also using the factory grips on my Beretta and not the other slimmer offerings out there. I feel as though the problem would get worse if I switched to thinner grips.

User Tag List