Page 101 of 323 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151201 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 3230

Thread: Beretta 92 FS Compact (and general Beretta love lately)

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    As I understand it, Beretta has significantly improved the trigger return spring (and locking block) so neither is a regular maintenance item.

I wouldn't be surprised if Centurion and Compact fans will be very happy Q4 2015 and Q1 2016.
    My wallet and my wife dont like you very much...

Trooper224,

I see what you were saying about the TCU from from Wilson, well... Wolff. It does give a mushy feel to the trigger, I am going to try the standard power TCU and order a new factory spring as well. I've got to say though its pretty amazing what just putting a slight polish on a few parts and swapping the main spring out will do. The trigger feels amazing now, I can only imagine what a worked over trigger from Wilson or AGW would be like. It's got me Jonesing for a Brig. Tac.

I am also loving the slim grips and SRT. I had to fit the SRT but the upside to that was that it doesn't have any of the play you were talking about. The slim VZ's completely change the feel of the gun and makes it much easier to manipulate the safety and almost makes it possible for me to use the stock mag release setup on the left side. Hopefully Wilson will get the oversized and extended checkered mag releases back in soon.

H
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
    Trooper224,

I see what you were saying about the TCU from from Wilson, well... Wolff. It does give a mushy feel to the trigger, I am going to try the standard power TCU and order a new factory spring as well. I've got to say though its pretty amazing what just putting a slight polish on a few parts and swapping the main spring out will do. The trigger feels amazing now, I can only imagine what a worked over trigger from Wilson or AGW would be like. It's got me Jonesing for a Brig. Tac.

I am also loving the slim grips and SRT. I had to fit the SRT but the upside to that was that it doesn't have any of the play you were talking about. The slim VZ's completely change the feel of the gun and makes it much easier to manipulate the safety and almost makes it possible for me to use the stock mag release setup on the left side. Hopefully Wilson will get the oversized and extended checkered mag releases back in soon.

You want the BUSA OEM oversized mag release. http://www.midwayusa.com/product/982...6-series-black
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

Quote Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
    Trooper224,

Very cool to hear it's working out for you. I have the extended checkered WC mag release on two of my 92's and the uncheckered one one my primary carry gun. I prefer the smooth surface for IWB carry.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    As I understand it, Beretta has significantly improved the trigger return spring (and locking block) so neither is a regular maintenance item.

I wouldn't be surprised if Centurion and Compact fans will be very happy Q4 2015 and Q1 2016.
    Just stumbled across this. Is there scuttlebutt on some new Beretta offerings? I would love to see some more 92 Compact options. I'm considering sending my stainless model off to Wilson soon.

Bill Wilson stated on Beretta forum that he has two other projects planned with Beretta USA. He stated one will be smaller than a Brigadier Tactical and larger than a compact (I'm imagining a Centurion?). He said the other will not be a G de-cocker and will not be an FS configuration either.

I'm excited to see the Beretta/Wilson collaboration continue (my own Brigadier Tactical 92G has become a favorite pistol - and I'll be taking it to an Ernest Langdon class shortly). However, I think Beretta needs to get moving on the M9A3. In my opinion, the M9A3 is the future of the 92 line. After some initial buzz, there has been little sign of progress (save for the appearance of the M9A3 17 round PVD magazines on the BUSA website).
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

I'm with you on wanting the M9A3. I'm pretty much in "Shut Up and Take My Money!" territory here. I heard a rumor that they'll be released in September, but I'll believe it when I see it. I still remember when they announced the "Q2 2015" release date initially. It's taking every ounce of willpower I can muster to not buy one of the $419 Px4 compacts on Gunbroker just to have a Beretta to play with.

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    ...I'm excited to see the Beretta/Wilson collaboration continue (my own Brigadier Tactical 92G has become a favorite pistol - and I'll be taking it to an Ernest Langdon class shortly)...
    I've got my 92 ready for an EL class...

Attachment 3806

I was going to start a new thread, but I ll try this first. I will be finishing my Beretta Vertec project that got lost in the great revolver buy up of 2015. I have a bunch of good stock Beretta magazines for my regular 92. With the Vertec With a 92 slide and bunches of Wilson junk I was wondering if anyone has used the magazines Wilson is selling. I was going to buy several, but wanted to make sure they were a good upgrade, or would I be better off with the actual Italian 15 rounders.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by nyeti View Post
    I was going to start a new thread, but I ll try this first. I will be finishing my Beretta Vertec project that got lost in the great revolver buy up of 2015. I have a bunch of good stock Beretta magazines for my regular 92. With the Vertec With a 92 slide and bunches of Wilson junk I was wondering if anyone has used the magazines Wilson is selling. I was going to buy several, but wanted to make sure they were a good upgrade, or would I be better off with the actual Italian 15 rounders.
    Mecgar
    Last edited by HCM; 08-23-2015 at 10:52 PM.

User Tag List