Page 250 of 323 FirstFirst ... 150200240248249250251252260300 ... LastLast
Results 2,491 to 2,500 of 3230

Thread: Beretta 92 FS Compact (and general Beretta love lately)

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Sellers View Post
    Can someone help me through this thought stroke?

If I buy an LTT can I replace the ambi decocker with the Wilson combat single sided version?

Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yes and no. The two are not interchangeable.
    they are two different systems, the Wilson safety can however be installed by a gunsmith, it requires a cut for the spring inside the slide, so milling is required, the new G safety can fit without the milling
    Last edited by Arbninftry; 08-23-2018 at 12:52 PM.

I appreciate that, I’m looking to get one and like the way the single side slicks up the slide.

Look! Just because we're bereaved, that doesn't make us saps!

I think it is WAL on the Beretta forum who has removed the right side wing from the new style G and has maybe reduced the size of the remaining small cylinder slightly. But the spring that keeps the lever in the fire position is a clock spring style which is inside the small cylinder so some of it needs to stay.

Quote Originally Posted by CraigS View Post
    The new G conversion kit is a completely new and different design compared to previous Gs. So far it is only installed stock from Beretta on the M9A3s. I expect that any other Gs that may be released will also have this style. Mr Langdon has said it is a more robust design. Another advantage is it is easily converted back and forth between fs and G. Some think it is a bit clunky aesthetically, but measuring w/ a caliper and comparing to my 2014 92G, the new G is actually slightly narrower. Not remembering the exact #s but it was something like .030 inch.
    That's good information. Thanks

Soooo, this showed up at my LGS. And I need another 92/96 series like I need a hole in my head. It’s a 96G Elite But the price (and the fact I have a spare 9mm barrel) have me considering...

Looks barely fired and never holster carried. 1999 MFG. if it was a 9, I would already own it. Decisions decisions.

Sent from my iPhone
    (So Excuse the typos)
    “A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.” - Shane

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Sellers View Post
    Can someone help me through this thought stroke?

If I buy an LTT can I replace the ambi decocker with the Wilson combat single sided version?

Thank you!

You could put the Wilson single sided FS decocker/safety on the gun, it would no longer be a G.
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

Quote Originally Posted by Gadfly View Post
    Soooo, this showed up at my LGS. And I need another 92/96 series like I need a hole in my head. It’s a 96G Elite But the price (and the fact I have a spare 9mm barrel) have me considering...

Looks barely fired and never holster carried. 1999 MFG. if it was a 9, I would already own it. Decisions decisions.

Sent from my iPhone
    (So Excuse the typos)

I love the 92, but wouldn't give a bucket of warm spit for a 96. The design just doesn't hold up to the round over the long term. That's happened to me more than once. I find a nice sexy example sitting unloved on a shelf, only to have my excitement dashed when I find out it's a 96.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    I love the 92, but wouldn't give a bucket of warm spit for a 96. The design just doesn't hold up to the round over the long term. That's happened to me more than once. I find a nice sexy example sitting unloved on a shelf, only to have my excitement dashed when I find out it's a 96.
    As mentioned, i have a spare 92 Barrel. I have one other 96, and it runs just fine with a 9mm barrel and mag. But, yeah, the 92 is preferred, and would have been purchased by now.

FWIW, we (INS/BP) issued the 96 Brig for about 7 years. We had close to 400 in the Houston office. Office wide, I replace one broken extractor, a couple of trigger return springs, and one trigger bar spring in the span of about 3 years. I have heard other Offices complain that they had some cracked frames, but I never saw one here. In the agency, we had to carry log books and record every round fired and every malfunction by round count. They were extra anal about this in the academy. We had 24 in the class, and fired near 3000 rounds apiece in the 14 weeks we were there. We had one documented malfunction. Assume on the low end 2,500 rounds fired per student, that is 60,000 rounds with one documented malfunction. I walked away impressed, even though I know 3k is a low round count per gun. My issued gun was around 7,500 rounds when I handed it in for the new issued USPc LEM.

I know the .40 is not ideal in 96. I know there are locking block issues and possible frame cracking issues. But overall, the fleet I maintained held up relatively well. I would NEVER buy a non brig 96.
    Last edited by Gadfly; 09-14-2018 at 01:32 PM.
    “A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.” - Shane

Does it have upper grip relief on teh frame under the beavertail? That was a transitional feature on early Brigs, Border Marshals and some normal 92's. 1997-1999 or so but not every one made.

I like my 96G Elite II I had reworked for a 357SIG barrel. The slide has been remarked to reflect the caliber too.
    | 92 Centennial x 2 | 92-Stock Competition | 92 Combat x 2 |
    | 92 Brigadier Tactical | 92G-SD | 92 Elite II in 9mm, 9x21 and 357SIG |
    | CZ SP01 Shadow | CZ P-01 in ODG | CZ-97 | Walther P5 |
    | SIG/SAN 553R | SIG/SAN 553-Diopter | SIG/SAN 551-2 SP SWAT |

Quote Originally Posted by PGT View Post
    Does it have upper grip relief on teh frame under the beavertail?
    I don’t know. Did not know to look for it, as I did not know it was a thing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

User Tag List