Page 73 of 323 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583123173 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta 92 FS Compact (and general Beretta love lately)

GJM: Please keep us updated on the new trigger bar if you get a chance. It sounds very interesting.

Great news on the grips. Trigger bar sounds interesting.

Just received my Wolff spring order. Once I get through the last bit of a case of ammo with primers seemingly made of adamantium, a 13 pound hammer spring is going in.

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    Very interesting...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeep View Post
    GJM: Please keep us updated on the new trigger bar if you get a chance. It sounds very interesting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Clobbersauras View Post
    Great news on the grips. Trigger bar sounds interesting.

Just received my Wolff spring order. Once I get through the last bit of a case of ammo with primers seemingly made of adamantium, a 13 pound hammer spring is going in.
    Per Bill, these are the technical advantages of the new trigger bar. Properly heat treated for a long term, durable, trigger job. Front of the trigger bar incorporates an over travel stop. Rear of the trigger bar allows fitting so DA and SA have equal amounts of travel, as opposed to some OEM trigger bars that allow the DA to have less travel than DA, necessitating a heavier spring for ignition reliability.

I watched him put 600 rounds down range today, through a Brig Tac with the new trigger bar and grips, during our extended range session.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Ok, I'm sold on the trigger bar. Is the fitting something that can be done without the need for a smith?

Ok, I'm sold on the trigger bar. Is the fitting something that can be done without the need for a smith?
    I may try it myself on my games gun, but for carry it will go to a smith.

I hope it's available for WC to put it in when I order mine.

Bill W says it will require fitting. They hoped it would be drop in, but there is enough variation in individual frames and hammers, it wasn't possible.

Site Supporter
    Can anyone recommend an online how to video detailing installation of the D mainspring?

Take the grips off, use a punch to push out the pin retaining the bottom cap/lanyard that contains the D spring. Then install the new D spring, like standard one came out. Pish the retaining pin in. Replace grips. Done.

Site Supporter
    At risk of stating the obvious, if you push in slightly on the mainspring cap, it takes the tension off the retaining pin, making the R&R described above easier.

User Tag List