Page 302 of 323 FirstFirst ... 202252292300301302303304312 ... LastLast
Results 3,011 to 3,020 of 3230

Thread: Beretta 92 FS Compact (and general Beretta love lately)

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    How many of y’all are running a 92 Compact (not Centurion?) I was all hot and bothered about getting a PX4CC, but after handling PX4s twice I got cold feet. Meanwhile my LTT 92 Elite full size is really impressing me, which makes me (kinda) idly start wondering about how a LTT Compact would work as a daily carry pistol.

I think Centurions are more popular here, but the slightly smaller Compact appeals.
    I do run a 92X Compact with an LTT RDO slide and TJIAB. I haven't carried carried the 92A1, (also LTT upgraded), since getting the 92XC set up. Having said all of that, my preference still, since 2017, is the PX4CC, LTT RDO slide and TJIAB. I think it's the premier TDA carry pistol, size, weight. Also, I don't think you can get to this level of action sweetness, (~6lbs DA, ~3lbs SA), with any other TDA pistol including the 92s. What turned you off with the PX4CC?

Site Supporter
    Huh.

I always thought the 92 Compact already qualified as a CCP.
    In fact, I classified with mine several years ago, and remember it fitting in the box. I don’t distinctly remember the lid being closed, but that’s because I was more concerned with whether the mag with a Beretta rubber base would fit (it did).

Quote Originally Posted by Les Pepperoni View Post
    http://instagram.com/p/CkYaz6IjVZu/

Did some machining to the stock Beretta grips to think them out - took about 1mm off both grips.
    This, coupled with some slide-lock lever thinning and g-level thinning makes it fit the IDPA CCP box.

I like the pistol ... Need to double check POA/POI issues, then call it good.

Site Supporter

92X

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    92x compacts seem hard to find right now. At least my searches on the net have yielded few in stock results.

A few G models, but if I AIWB with one, I would prefer an FS model.
    I picked up a minty 92X “G” compact…. I love it

Trigger needs some work but I really like it

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemas2 View Post
    how compact is the "compact"?
    I have been looking at a LTT92 compact for carry instead of my full size, but I am not sure if $1300 really justifies a 1/4" shorter grip and some weight savings.
    For context, when the 92 Compact was introduced, a Commander-size 1911 was also considered a compact pistol.

Quote Originally Posted by Artemas2 View Post
    how compact is the "compact"?
    I have been looking at a LTT92 compact for carry instead of my full size, but I am not sure if $1300 really justifies a 1/4" shorter grip and some weight savings.
    Here it is compared to a G19:

Name:  0D97FA05-516C-42E6-BDC3-F10642A43BD8.jpg
Views: 355
Size:  39.9 KB
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by medmo View Post
    What turned you off with the PX4CC?
    The ones I handled just didn’t feel right to me. I’d still like to try a LTT PX4CC, and one with some grip texture that doesn’t add bulk. The comments of a possible revamp have me interested.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...

Always between two major rivers that begin with the letter "M."
    The ones I handled just didn’t feel right to me. I’d still like to try a LTT PX4CC, and one with some grip texture that doesn’t add bulk. The comments of a possible revamp have me interested.
    The PX4 and the Nano both have that slab-sided feel because they are... well, slab-sided, but I think the inferior texturing turns off the more serious users.

I made custom PX4 Talon appliques from the blank sheets they offer, making a template from masking tape until I got it just the way I wanted it. I did this for two reasons:

1. I could use the minor but still detectable thickness of the Talon material to give me a sort of "palmswell" effect by applying it where needed and deleting it where it was needed less (at least by me)

2. I could make the rear grip inserts and the various cross pins replaceable without having to remove the Talon material.

It wasn't a lot of work, but it took me a while to get right. I thought it a minor improvement but worth the effort.

The exception to this was on the Subcompacts, where I left material behind the trigger on both sides (as shown). Removing that area is what makes for the faux "palmswells," so the SC's remain slab-sided.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    gn

"On the internet, nobody knows if you are a dog... or even a cat."

Have you tried the different grips? The larger one with a little beaver tail is super comfy for me while the smaller one almost feels awkward. Talon skins add texture with the Pro texture feeling pretty awesome.

Here it is compared to a G43x.

Attachment 96461

That’s kinda deceptive. While they look similar the 92 compact is shorter in the front strap and just feels like your barely hanging on. The PX4 is Fat compared to the 43x, though they both look close. Pics don’t tell the whole story.

I wasn’t able to try any alternative grips on the used PX4s I handled. I’m not going to rule them out quite yet, but I wasn’t comfortable moving forward at this point. Maybe after I’ve had a chance to handle both a LTT PX4CC and any 92 Compact I’ll have a better idea.

I’m pretty sure I did handle a Compact back in the Dark Ages, but my memory of it is almost nonexistent. I don’t generally have issues with short gripframe pistols, though.
    Ken

User Tag List