Page 212 of 323 FirstFirst ... 112162202210211212213214222262312 ... LastLast
Results 2,111 to 2,120 of 3230

Thread: Beretta 92 FS Compact (and general Beretta love lately)

Quote Originally Posted by Willard View Post
    Since I don't know what I don't know: Beretta USA currently has new complete 92FS slide for sale at $88. The slide has serrations too far back on the right side by 2mm (cosmetic). I picked one up to put on a no-rail brigadier pistol because holsters are easier that way. Any reason it might be a bad idea to put the barrel from the Brig into the new slide and run it on the old frame?
    There should be no issue. I have two E1As with Vertec slides on them, using the E1A barrels. The E1A is a brig slide, btw.

Thoughts on the 92 Compact?

Greetings,

Rented a PX4 Compact over the weekend and was very favorably impressed. After the shoot, perused the retail section of the range and fondled amongst other things, a 92 Compact (no rail). Like a G19 vs G17, even though I didn't shoot it, I could really lock onto the grip of the compact frame. Any thoughts on the Compact? Shootability, accuracy, etc.? I'm in NJ, so CCW isn't really a factor.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post
    Anybody here know of a good airsoft replica of either the 92 or the PX4 with a close to factory trigger weight? I bought an airsoft Glock to practice with years ago and it's really good but the trigger is way too light. I'd like to get something with a realistic trigger pull.
    I bought a full size PX4 Airsoft at Academy a few years ago, and the trigger is similar enough to practice with. It was a cheap model for less than $40, IIRC.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by rauchman View Post
    Greetings,

Rented a PX4 Compact over the weekend and was very favorably impressed. After the shoot, perused the retail section of the range and fondled amongst other things, a 92 Compact (no rail). Like a G19 vs G17, even though I didn't shoot it, I could really lock onto the grip of the compact frame. Any thoughts on the Compact? Shootability, accuracy, etc.? I'm in NJ, so CCW isn't really a factor.
    I messed with a 92 Compact and a USP Compact side by side at the LGS, and the Beretta just felt silly in that comparison. YMMV.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    I messed with a 92 Compact and a USP Compact side by side at the LGS, and the Beretta just felt silly in that comparison. YMMV.
    I own each of these, and never got that impression.

"Silly" in what way. That kind of nebulous description isn't very helpful.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Site Supporter

Beretta 92 FS Compact (and general Beretta love lately)

IMHO, the 92 Compact is a really nice shooter. The short slide 92's track really flat to me. I'm very happy with the accuracy, too. I don't consider myself a good bullseye shooter, but 2.5" groups at 25 are fairly routine, as is staying on the black of a B-8 at 50. Mine prints a little high, so it requires a 6 o'clock hold at those distances, and I wish Bill Wilson would make a .255" rear sight. I did have a problem with my support hand slipping during rapid fire strings with the OEM plastic stocks, but the WC Thin Grips solved that.

I also really like HK LEM guns, including the USPc and P2000, and think they're superb carry options, but the 92C just shoots a little better for me.
    Last edited by Dave J; 08-21-2017 at 08:44 PM.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    "Silly" in what way. That kind of nebulous description isn't very helpful.
    That's true. Was posting with too little time earlier. I have big hands. Like the USP 45 full size is just right - made by large northern Europeans for large northern Europeans. Or something like that. My 96D police trade in has the Hogue finger-groove wraparound grip with the grooves ground off, and that works pretty well for me. I couldn't quite get a good, natural-feeling grasp on the 92 Compact, whereas the USPc really fit and locked in to my grip well, just felt totally right for something that size. It was several months ago, so I don't really remember much more detail than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave J View Post
    IMHO, the 92 Compact is a really nice shooter. The short slide 92's track really flat. I'm very happy with the accuracy, too.
    I keep waffling about picking up a clean 92D Centurion, but have so far resisted the wantsies.
    Last edited by OlongJohnson; 08-21-2017 at 08:46 PM.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

The Beretta just felt silly in that comparison. YMMV.
    Made me think of this

Name:  Funny.jpg
Views: 803
Size:  14.6 KB

[QUOTE=Dave J;641268]IMHO, the 92 Compact is a really nice shooter. The short slide 92's track really flat to me. I'm very happy with the accuracy, too. I don't consider myself a good bullseye shooter, but 2.5" groups at 25 are fairly routine, as is staying on the black of a B

Don't why quoting doesn't quite work, but.....thank you. Great info.

User Tag List