Page 251 of 251 FirstFirst ... 151201241249250251
Results 2,501 to 2,505 of 2505

Thread: Beretta 92 FS Compact (and general Beretta love lately)

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    I love the 92, but wouldn't give a bucket of warm spit for a 96. The design just doesn't hold up to the round over the long term. That's happened to me more than once. I find a nice sexy example sitting unloved on a shelf, only to have my excitement dashed when I find out it's a 96.
    As mentioned, i have a spare 92 Barrel. I have one other 96, and it runs just fine with a 9mm barrel and mag. But, yeah, the 92 is preferred, and would have been purchased by now.

FWIW, we (INS/BP) issued the 96 Brig for about 7 years. We had close to 400 in the Houston office. Office wide, I replace one broken extractor, a couple of trigger return springs, and one trigger bar spring in the span of about 3 years. I have heard other Offices complain that they had some cracked frames, but I never saw one here. In the agency, we had to carry log books and record every round fired and every malfunction by round count. They were extra anal about this in the academy. We had 24 in the class, and fired near 3000 rounds apiece in the 14 weeks we were there. We had one documented malfunction. Assume on the low end 2,500 rounds fired per student, that is 60,000 rounds with one documented malfunction. I walked away impressed, even though I know 3k is a low round count per gun. My issued gun was around 7,500 rounds when I handed it in for the new issued USPc LEM.

I know the .40 is not ideal in 96. I know there are locking block issues and possible frame cracking issues. But overall, the fleet I maintained held up relatively well. I would NEVER buy a non brig 96.
    Last edited by Gadfly; 09-14-2018 at 01:32 PM.
    ďA gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.Ē - Shane

Does it have upper grip relief on teh frame under the beavertail? That was a transitional feature on early Brigs, Border Marshals and some normal 92's. 1997-1999 or so but not every one made.

I like my 96G Elite II I had reworked for a 357SIG barrel. The slide has been remarked to reflect the caliber too.
    | 92 Centennial x 2 | 92-Stock Competition | 92 Combat x 2 |
    | 92 Brigadier Tactical | 92G-SD | 92 Elite II in 9mm, 9x21 and 357SIG |
    | CZ SP01 Shadow | CZ P-01 in ODG | CZ-97 | Walther P5 |
    | SIG/SAN 553R | SIG/SAN 553-Diopter | SIG/SAN 551-2 SP SWAT |

Quote Originally Posted by PGT View Post
    Does it have upper grip relief on teh frame under the beavertail?
    I donít know. Did not know to look for it, as I did not know it was a thing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    ďA gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.Ē - Shane

Correct D spring?

I installed a D spring I bought from Beretta #EU00043 in my 92fs. On the website it is listed as a part for the 92, Cougar and PX4. The resulting trigger pull is very light (or maybe just compared to a standard 92). I know thatís the desired result but the pistol is ccw use so reliable ignition is my primary concern. Is this the correct part ie the spring found in M9A3s and Brig Tacs?

Quote Originally Posted by DickPR View Post
    I installed a D spring I bought from Beretta #EU00043 in my 92fs. On the website it is listed as a part for the 92, Cougar and PX4. The resulting trigger pull is very light (or maybe just compared to a standard 92). I know thatís the desired result but the pistol is ccw use so reliable ignition is my primary concern. Is this the correct part ie the spring found in M9A3s and Brig Tacs?
    The D spring was used in 92D's, and M9A3's from the factory. I have no idea on the BrigTacs. IIRC the weight of the D spring is 16# and Ernest Langdon has said the 92-series should be reliable down to 14#. You shouldn't have any issues with a D spring.
    Does anyone like pineapple on their pizza guns?

User Tag List