Page 278 of 323 FirstFirst ... 178228268276277278279280288 ... LastLast
Results 2,771 to 2,780 of 3230

Thread: Beretta 92 FS Compact (and general Beretta love lately)

Quote Originally Posted by jwperry View Post
    How does a 92c compare in size to a P229? Anyone have a legacy 92c & P229 for a side by side comparison?

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
    I have this one on hand. I could take more this weekend.

Left to right, G27 with factory +1, G23, 92C, P229, Centurion, P226.

As you can see, the grip length on the 92C is a bit shorter than a P229. In fact the P229 is closer to a standard 92 in grip length.
    Last edited by Bucky; 07-26-2019 at 09:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have this one on hand. I could take more this weekend.

Left to right, G27 with factory +1, G23, 92C, P229, Centurion, P226.

As you can see, the grip length on the 92C is a bit shorter than a P229. In fact the P229 is closer to a standard 92 in grip length.
    Thank you!

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    Myself as well. I have a 9mm Vertec, and a Vertec with a .22 conversion kit and a can.

A Vertec frame with a set of LTT grips is very nice. I can only imagine what a 92X Compact would be like - and I am going to find out.
    92X full size and centurions are already on GunBroker. I’m internet stalking a compact...
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    92X full size and centurions are already on GunBroker. I’m internet stalking a compact...
    Of the 3the compact appeals to me the most. Keep us posted.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    Well, I finally got my 15 round compact magazines. With a recently broken foot, not sure how long it'll be before I can vet them. I'm tempted to just load them up and go on faith, but I'm better off sticking with the well vetted 13 round magazines until I'm well enough to get some shoot'n in.
    Well, I hate having new toys and not being able to play with them. I hobbled out to the range this morning and tested the new magazines. Various Weights and bullet types, limp wrist tests, etc, they worked 100%. Now my Compact is 15+1 and on par with my G19 and EDC X9.

I'm in love with the 92x series. Hardcore head over heels in love.

I picked up a couple of the MecGar 15rd compact mags recently as well. I've only got 90 rounds through a pair of them thus far (split evenly between 115gr and 124gr Magtech ball), with no issues.

I did notice that the finger rest floorplates are significantly longer than those on the factory mags. It gives my big hands a bit more room, but time will tell if it has any noticeable effect on concealability (I doubt it will). I tried interchanging floorplates, but while the MG will fit on factory tubes, the reverse doesn't seem to be true (it was too tight to slide on, and I didn't want to try forcing it).

One pleasant surprise is that I had no trouble loading them to capacity and seating them on a closed slide. The full-size 18rd mags are iffy with that, and I generally load and carry them with only 17 rounds (which is still an improvement on the factory mags, don't get me wrong).

It was neat to take one apart and see just how they accomplished this wizardry.

Quote Originally Posted by 10mmfanboy View Post
    I'm in love with the 92x series. Hardcore head over heels in love.
    Spotted one of the Centurions on GB already. No compacts yet.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LHS View Post
    I did notice that the finger rest floorplates are significantly longer than those on the factory mags. It gives my big hands a bit more room, but time will tell if it has any noticeable effect on concealability (I doubt it will). I tried interchanging floorplates, but while the MG will fit on factory tubes, the reverse doesn't seem to be true (it was too tight to slide on, and I didn't want to try forcing it).
    This is interesting...
    I have 3 15-RD Med-Gar Compact mags. One is “stock,” one has a rubber bumper “Elite” baseplate (my preferred configuration), and one has a very slim metal baseplate that came on a OEM Compact mag I bought years ago. I’d forgotten that the OEM finger-rest floorplate was the only one to not slide easily onto the Meg-Gar mags.

Quote Originally Posted by LHS View Post
    I did notice that the finger rest floorplates are significantly longer than those on the factory mags. It gives my big hands a bit more room, but time will tell if it has any noticeable effect on concealability (I doubt it will). I tried interchanging floorplates, but while the MG will fit on factory tubes, the reverse doesn't seem to be true (it was too tight to slide on, and I didn't want to try forcing it
    The 13 round magazines that came with my Wilson Compact also had a longer pinky rest than the previous 92C mags I owned.

User Tag List