Page 276 of 323 FirstFirst ... 176226266274275276277278286 ... LastLast
Results 2,751 to 2,760 of 3230

Thread: Beretta 92 FS Compact (and general Beretta love lately)

Well, I finally got my 15 round compact magazines. With a recently broken foot, not sure how long it'll be before I can vet them. I'm tempted to just load them up and go on faith, but I'm better off sticking with the well vetted 13 round magazines until I'm well enough to get some shoot'n in.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    Well, I finally got my 15 round compact magazines. With a recently broken foot, not sure how long it'll be before I can vet them. I'm tempted to just load them up and go on faith, but I'm better off sticking with the well vetted 13 round magazines until I'm well enough to get some shoot'n in.
    Damn.....hate to hear that.

Glad to see LTT involved on a 92 Compact. In my opinion- that would be the perfect pistol- checking every block there is.
    This country needs an enema- Blues approved sig line

Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    I have a hard time calling Mec-Gar non-OEM. While not in the case of Beretta (AFAIK or is MDS MAC-Gar?) - Mec-Gar is simply OEM without the markup. Not an aftermarket brand I trust more.
    I got into local IDPA and Steel Challenge 3 yrs ago. Quickly realized that mags w/ witness holes for every five rounds are a pain. We start w/ a mag w/ 11 in it and the others need to have 10. Bought a couple of MecGar 18 rnd mags when someone had them on sale. WOW, witness hole for every round. So I have been buying them 5 at a time since, whenever they go on sale, and currently have a bunch. They are all I will buy for our 92s.

Quote Originally Posted by CraigS View Post
    I got into local IDPA and Steel Challenge 3 yrs ago. Quickly realized that mags w/ witness holes for every five rounds are a pain. We start w/ a mag w/ 11 in it and the others need to have 10. Bought a couple of MecGar 18 rnd mags when someone had them on sale. WOW, witness hole for every round. So I have been buying them 5 at a time since, whenever they go on sale, and currently have a bunch. They are all I will buy for our 92s.
    I wish it was like that for the MG 96 mags.

Site Supporter
    I found a good deal on a m9a3 locally and will be picking it up next week and I have a question for the beretta collective here. This one comes with the “new” style g lever installed that sticks way out yonder on the right hand side of the gun.
    What are my options for getting a smaller lever on the starboard side? I’d prefer to maintain the decock only function, but am open hear all suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    I found a good deal on a m9a3 locally and will be picking it up next week and I have a question for the beretta collective here. This one comes with the “new” style g lever installed that sticks way out yonder on the right hand side of the gun.
    What are my options for getting a smaller lever on the starboard side? I’d prefer to maintain the decock only function, but am open hear all suggestions.
    The only option I'm aware of for the new levers is BerettaForum member WAL (who is a Beretta gunsmith), who has done a right side delete on the new conversion levers. He's done it for a few members there.

https://berettaforum.net/vb/showpost.php?p=1229061&postcount=43
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post

When they're measured side by side, the G conversion lever doesn't stick out any further than the original lever. It just looks like it does, due to its blocky shape. The G conversion lever is a superior design. It's easier to install and disassemble. It's also a solid part, whereas the original is a hollow stamping. I find it easier to use due to its sharper edges. Also, it doesn't snag on clothing as some erroneously postulate. I've used them since the part was introduced and I've found no downside.

Since you're open to all suggestions, my advice is to get over it and save yourself a needless expense.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    When they're measured side by side, the G conversion lever doesn't stick out any further than the original lever. It just looks like it does, due to its blocky shape. The G conversion lever is a superior design. It's easier to install and disassemble. It's also a solid part, whereas the original is a hollow stamping. I find it easier to use due to its sharper edges. Also, it doesn't snag on clothing as some erroneously postulate. I've used them since the part was introduced and I've found no downside.

Since you're open to all suggestions, my advice is to get over it and save yourself a needless expense.
    Can't agree with this more.

The G conversion levers don't seem to hinder operation (or print more) in my experience.

I might suggest a drop of locktite on the right side lever to stop pin walking, but thats really it. Just leave it.

-Cory

Just to chime in - I posted the WAL modification because it is the only option I am aware of - but I agree that it really isn't worth the trouble.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

User Tag List