Page 271 of 323 FirstFirst ... 171221261269270271272273281321 ... LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,710 of 3230

Thread: Beretta 92 FS Compact (and general Beretta love lately)

Summer project is a go:

92 LTT arrived today.
    Dillon 550 is bolted to the bench and dies are adjusted.

Is there a specific weight and/or bullet you guys prefer for the 92? I'm well stocked on everything but projos.
    The opinions above are my own and do not represent any current or former employer.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Fineis View Post
    Summer project is a go:

92 LTT arrived today.

Is there a specific weight and/or bullet you guys prefer for the 92? I'm well stocked on everything but projos.
    I’ve been very pleased with Gallant 147 gr.
    https://gallantbullets.com/products/...ose-flat-point
    When loaded to make PF for IDPA, they’re soft-shooting and quite accurate.

The most accurate load I’ve found so far is using Berry’s 115 gr - but they need to be loaded a little more stoutly to make PF, and the increase in accuracy is slight.

Site Supporter
    Summer project is a go:

92 LTT arrived today.

For me some of the best group shooting I've done with Beretta 92s has been with 124 grain ammo. I'm not sure if that's because the 92F and FS were designed for NATO ammo or what. But if you want to shoot USPSA the 147 grain stuff with a fast burning powder is supposed to be pretty sweet and easy to control in rapid fire.

Tbh unless you're at the upper echelons of skill (M or GM class) the projectile weight probably doesn't make much difference as long as you make power factor.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Summer project is a go:

92 LTT arrived today.

My 92 eats everything from 115-147 quite happily, and groups most at least acceptably. 147 has done some memorable work, though.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    My 92 eats everything from 115-147 quite happily, and groups most at least acceptably. 147 has done some memorable work, though.
    Is there anything a 92 won't eat happily? If so - I've never found it.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    Is there anything a 92 won't eat happily? If so - I've never found it.
    If you put too light of a hammer spring in, it’ll misfire Russian steel pretty regularly. Other than that...
    Last edited by Duelist; 05-03-2019 at 12:13 PM.

The most accurate load in my 92s has proven to be an 124grn fmj over 5.9 grains of Alliant BE-86.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    I have a Beretta 96D police trade in in .40 S&W. Early in my journey with guns, I was struggling to get most FMJ to group smaller than an orange at 7 yards from it. Much to my surprise, Hornady Critical Defense 165gr shrank that to small limes. The result was reproducible going back and forth between ammo types and with other shooters. The accuracy with that ammo was replicated by others, in other guns. Been a few years since I did much with that pistol, and my expectations for my own slow-fire shooting accuracy are significantly greater now. Might throw a 9mm barrel in it one of these days.

Can't comment on how that will translate, if at all, to 9mm.
    Last edited by OlongJohnson; 05-03-2019 at 02:48 PM.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

http://instagram.com/p/BxaWGHrnXz7/

Bj Norris had this picture with a magwell on one of his 92's today. Pretty cool. Hopefully a prototype coming to market and not a one-off.
    "...we suffer more in imagination than in reality." Seneca, probably.

As a point of interest for the Beretta fans here, I just discovered that Beretta is now shipping an M9A1 “Law Enforcement Only” model with a dovetailed slide and night sights. It seems to be just the Vertec slide but installed at the factory on the M9A1 frame. I haven’t seen anything official on it but it’s popped up at a few dealers. Apologies if this has already been mentioned here but I didn’t see anything. Part no. JS92M9A1M24LE
    The stock photos are just of an M9A1 but I confirmed with a vendor that the front sight is dovetailed and saw a post on another forum with the dovetailed front sight, box, etc. I guess this model used to have a tritium vial installed in the fixed front sight.
    Last edited by Xrslug; 05-13-2019 at 05:44 PM.

User Tag List