Page 251 of 253 FirstFirst ... 151201241249250251252253 LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,510 of 2527

Thread: Beretta 92 FS Compact (and general Beretta love lately)

  1. #2501
    Member Gadfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    I love the 92, but wouldn't give a bucket of warm spit for a 96. The design just doesn't hold up to the round over the long term. That's happened to me more than once. I find a nice sexy example sitting unloved on a shelf, only to have my excitement dashed when I find out it's a 96.
    As mentioned, i have a spare 92 Barrel. I have one other 96, and it runs just fine with a 9mm barrel and mag. But, yeah, the 92 is preferred, and would have been purchased by now.

    FWIW, we (INS/BP) issued the 96 Brig for about 7 years. We had close to 400 in the Houston office. Office wide, I replace one broken extractor, a couple of trigger return springs, and one trigger bar spring in the span of about 3 years. I have heard other Offices complain that they had some cracked frames, but I never saw one here. In the agency, we had to carry log books and record every round fired and every malfunction by round count. They were extra anal about this in the academy. We had 24 in the class, and fired near 3000 rounds apiece in the 14 weeks we were there. We had one documented malfunction. Assume on the low end 2,500 rounds fired per student, that is 60,000 rounds with one documented malfunction. I walked away impressed, even though I know 3k is a low round count per gun. My issued gun was around 7,500 rounds when I handed it in for the new issued USPc LEM.

    I know the .40 is not ideal in 96. I know there are locking block issues and possible frame cracking issues. But overall, the fleet I maintained held up relatively well. I would NEVER buy a non brig 96.
    Last edited by Gadfly; 09-14-2018 at 02:32 PM.
    ďA gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.Ē - Shane

  2. #2502
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Loudoun, VA
    Does it have upper grip relief on teh frame under the beavertail? That was a transitional feature on early Brigs, Border Marshals and some normal 92's. 1997-1999 or so but not every one made.

    I like my 96G Elite II I had reworked for a 357SIG barrel. The slide has been remarked to reflect the caliber too.
    | 92 Centennial x 2 | 92-Stock Competition | 92 Combat x 2 |
    | 92 Brigadier Tactical | 92G-SD | 92 Elite II in 9mm, 9x21 and 357SIG |
    | CZ SP01 Shadow | CZ P-01 in ODG | CZ-97 | Walther P5 |
    | SIG/SAN 553R | SIG/SAN 553-Diopter | SIG/SAN 551-2 SP SWAT |

  3. #2503
    Member Gadfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Quote Originally Posted by PGT View Post
    Does it have upper grip relief on teh frame under the beavertail?
    I donít know. Did not know to look for it, as I did not know it was a thing.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    ďA gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.Ē - Shane

  4. #2504

    Correct D spring?

    I installed a D spring I bought from Beretta #EU00043 in my 92fs. On the website it is listed as a part for the 92, Cougar and PX4. The resulting trigger pull is very light (or maybe just compared to a standard 92). I know thatís the desired result but the pistol is ccw use so reliable ignition is my primary concern. Is this the correct part ie the spring found in M9A3s and Brig Tacs?

  5. #2505
    Site Supporter Bigghoss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Anna Kendrick's fantasies
    Quote Originally Posted by DickPR View Post
    I installed a D spring I bought from Beretta #EU00043 in my 92fs. On the website it is listed as a part for the 92, Cougar and PX4. The resulting trigger pull is very light (or maybe just compared to a standard 92). I know thatís the desired result but the pistol is ccw use so reliable ignition is my primary concern. Is this the correct part ie the spring found in M9A3s and Brig Tacs?
    The D spring was used in 92D's, and M9A3's from the factory. I have no idea on the BrigTacs. IIRC the weight of the D spring is 16# and Ernest Langdon has said the 92-series should be reliable down to 14#. You shouldn't have any issues with a D spring.
    Does anyone like pineapple on their pizza guns?

  6. #2506
    The Beretta love thread needs a tender loving bump. I'm on a mission to find a better AIWB holster for my Beretta / Wilson 92G Compact. I'm going to re-read the thread, but if anyone wants to throw out a few new suggestions, I'd appreciate it. So far my favorite holster is an INCOG Eclipse with a JM wedge for my 19. Unfortunately, the INCOG gun selection is limited (yet they offer one for the APX, but not the 92, go figure).

    I'm currently using some cheap inexpensive holster off eBay for a Vertec (my previous 92 compact had a rail) that I cut down to fit the Compact, and also cut it such that it was no longer an Ambi holster shell.

  7. #2507
    Site Supporter
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    East Greenwich, RI
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    The Beretta love thread needs a tender loving bump. I'm on a mission to find a better AIWB holster for my Beretta / Wilson 92G Compact. I'm going to re-read the thread, but if anyone wants to throw out a few new suggestions, I'd appreciate it. So far my favorite holster is an INCOG Eclipse with a JM wedge for my 19. Unfortunately, the INCOG gun selection is limited (yet they offer one for the APX, but not the 92, go figure).

    I'm currently using some cheap inexpensive holster off eBay for a Vertec (my previous 92 compact had a rail) that I cut down to fit the Compact, and also cut it such that it was no longer an Ambi holster shell.
    I donít do AIWB, but love my JMCK #3 for my 92C (no rail). Maybe one of his AIWB offerings?

    And thanks for bumping...
    Last edited by LSP552; 11-04-2018 at 03:38 PM.

  8. #2508
    Site Supporter JSGlock34's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    USA
    I'm currently trying out a Keeper's Concealment AIWB rig for the LTT 92G that I purchased from Langdon Tactical. If you're looking for a Keeper or JMCK AIWB holster for the LTT92/M9A3/M9A1 right now, Ernest keeps both makes in stock without the wait.

    It is a good time to order AIWB from JMCK though - Tony is running a special - $10 off the AIWB or 'George' holsters through November 15.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

  9. #2509
    Average Guy cor_man257's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    I'm currently trying out a Keeper's Concealment AIWB rig for the LTT 92G that I purchased from Langdon Tactical. If you're looking for a Keeper or JMCK AIWB holster for the LTT92/M9A3/M9A1 right now, Ernest keeps both makes in stock without the wait.

    It is a good time to order AIWB from JMCK though - Tony is running a special - $10 off the AIWB or 'George' holsters through November 15.
    Im trying a keepers for dryfire (which is on pause) but havent been carrying. The one thing i'll say is that having infinite adjustability can make it hard to find the sweetspot. I found the fastest setting for me, and the best concealed, and the best comfort. I havent found the best blend yet. I know its there, but adjusting ride height, cant, pads, belt position, belt tension, pants height... it can be difficult to put it together into the result you're looking for. I'm confident this holster can work for 80% of people myself included. I just havent got it quite right yet.

    -Cory
    Last edited by cor_man257; 11-04-2018 at 06:21 PM.

  10. #2510
    Site Supporter JSGlock34's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    USA
    I've found comfortable AIWB carry elusive but every once in a while I get the urge to try again, hence my latest experiment with the Keeper. I've found AIWB far more sensitive to my choices in pants or belt than other carry methods. As you said, I still haven't found the 'sweet spot'.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

TLG 1970–2016 RIPRampageForTheCure.org