Page 150 of 323 FirstFirst ... 50100140148149150151152160200250 ... LastLast
Results 1,491 to 1,500 of 3230

Thread: Beretta 92 FS Compact (and general Beretta love lately)

Site Supporter
    My '80s Beretta Compact was bought from a co-worker a few years ago and has been a winner in my book. I took it and my old P228 to the range to test some handloads with BE-86 powder. The SIG failed to fire 12 rounds out of 41 attempted on multiple strikes. The Beretta ate those SIG-puked rounds without complaint. A twenty round group into the head of a reduced B27 type target at seven yards measured about two inches. The shots were mostly DA/SA pairs at about 2-3 seconds between shots from a low ready. I am pleased with this since my work guns are Glocks and spend most of my range time with them. I finished the session with my issue G23 with 180 grain service loads and it was distinctly unpleasant after shooting the Beretta. I was faster with the Glock, but the hits were not nearly as good.
    This old Beretta is definitely a keeper. Too bad the front sight is integral with the slide. A tritium dot would be worthwhile if I choose to CC this gun after I retire in a few...

Quote Originally Posted by deputyG23 View Post
    This old Beretta is definitely a keeper. Too bad the front sight is integral with the slide. A tritium dot would be worthwhile if I choose to CC this gun after I retire in a few...
    I believe ToolTech will put a tritium vial in your front sight. http://tooltechgunsight.com

I think Wilson Combat will put a fiber optic rod in the front sight http://wilsoncombat.com/new/custom-b...p#.VtxcpcdllsM

Quote Originally Posted by WilsonCombatRep View Post
    The new hammer will add more mass for more reliable ignition. Ignition is very gun and ammo dependent but most guns are 100% reliable with all available import and domestic ammo with the 14# chrome silicon hammer spring installed. The 12 and 13# are best with soft cup domestic primers. The trigger bar is "the ultimate" refinement and can increase hammer arc for more ignition in some guns and achieve better results. It is a great part but for best results a gunsmith should install it. I am not sure why our CS people didn't recommend it, probably because of the extra cost to the customer since unless you are an avid shooter you may not see a huge difference in end result.
    WCR told me this a while back. I took his advice and put a 14# chrome silicon hammer spring in my BT (which had a Wilson trigger job done) and like strikes with foreign primers (which had only been a minor issue anyway) stopped. Meanwhile, my M9 works very well with the Wilson trigger bar and a 13# Wilson spring. No light strike issue and a much smoother trigger pull--stacking is now pretty minimal.

I've got a 1000 series Brig Tac with the action job and trigger bar with the 13lb chrome silicon spring and I'm able to light up all primers I've tried so far (CCI, Federal Winchester, S&B, Magtech, etc). The 12lb spring gives me light strikes.

Quote Originally Posted by JTQ View Post
    I think Wilson Combat will put a fiber optic rod in the front sight http://wilsoncombat.com/new/custom-b...p#.VtxcpcdllsM
    Here are a few pictures of the fiber optic rod Wilson Combat did on my compact.

Name:  92 C wc sights.jpg
Views: 643
Size:  18.2 KBName:  IMG_2276.jpg
Views: 636
Size:  101.1 KB
    Owner of Ryker Nylon Gear - Ryker Nylon Gear Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Edwin View Post
    I've got a 1000 series Brig Tac with the action job and trigger bar with the 13lb chrome silicon spring and I'm able to light up all primers I've tried so far (CCI, Federal Winchester, S&B, Magtech, etc). The 12lb spring gives me light strikes.
    I did have a few light strikes with my Beretta 92FS with Elite II hammer using the WC 13lb mainspring. That was only with some steel-cased Russian (Barnaul) ammo with around 8% of rounds, all of which ignited with a second strike.

I switched to the WC 14lb mainspring and have not had any light strikes as yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Pennzoil View Post
    Here are a few pictures of the fiber optic rod Wilson Combat did on my compact.

Name:  92 C wc sights.jpg
Views: 643
Size:  18.2 KBName:  IMG_2276.jpg
Views: 636
Size:  101.1 KB
    That Compact is crying out for the mag well plug!
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    That Compact is crying out for the mag well plug!
    Unfortunately the gun is all show no go after all the work and a second trip back to WC. Decocker still sticks so I've lost interest in this gun.
    Owner of Ryker Nylon Gear - Ryker Nylon Gear Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by K.O.A.M. View Post
    I sent my 92G-SD there yesterday for the action tune/chrome silicon springs. The gentleman who called me to confirm told me that he anticipated it being ready in under two weeks. I'm taking a VTAC class starting 3/11. Not holding my breath that it'll be back by then, but it would sure be nice.
    As an update, I was informed that my pistol will be back to me on Friday. A week late for the VTAC class, but right at three weeks door to door.

My EDC Compact Frankengun...

User Tag List