Page 288 of 323 FirstFirst ... 188238278286287288289290298 ... LastLast
Results 2,871 to 2,880 of 3230

Thread: Beretta 92 FS Compact (and general Beretta love lately)

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by spence View Post
    Yes, I've had this happen. Only when empty, though. Since I only use my few MecGar's for carry, it's a non issue to me. If I actually have to pull the gun and use all 15 rounds, it'll be pretty irrelevant at that point if the base plate on the mag falls off because the threat is either eliminated, or I'm dead.
    It’s definitely less likely with fully loaded mags, but I can still get the baseplate to move with thumb pressure, so IMHO it’s at least possible that it could get knocked free if it got bumped into something. Since ejecting your ammo all over the floor is generally frowned upon for CCW, I’m considering adding a set screw or something, to make sure it can’t happen.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave J View Post
    It’s definitely less likely with fully loaded mags, but I can still get the baseplate to move with thumb pressure, so IMHO it’s at least possible that it could get knocked free if it got bumped into something. Since ejecting your ammo all over the floor is generally frowned upon for CCW, I’m considering adding a set screw or something, to make sure it can’t happen.
    I had to try it with my carry mag. It might not be all of them, I've got a spare one that's empty that I used for some shooting a while back and that's when I noticed it.

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    ToolTech seems to be offering some new sight options for fixed sight 92s. One appears to be a machined dovetail. No idea how this works, but could be an option.

Beretta 92FS W/ Existing Tritium
    Wow...

I installed a gold bead in my compact but that sure is tempting

Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    Wow...

Where did you find the gold bead?

Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    Wow...

I mention it as an option, but I'll note that the cost is discouraging. Keeping an eye out for a Vertec (or M9A3 or 92X) slide is probably the better solution. They pop up infrequently, but they do pop up.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Quote Originally Posted by beenalongtime View Post
    Where did you find the gold bead?
    I just googled it. Installed at home

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    I mention it as an option, but I'll note that the cost is discouraging. Keeping an eye out for a Vertec (or M9A3 or 92X) slide is probably the better solution. They pop up infrequently, but they do pop up.
    I have a vertec slide on my 92 and have used it on my compact frame but generally dont.

Compact M9A1 arrived from GB today. Steel trigger, guide rod, FO front sight, Wilson single side safety/decocker, and flush cut and crowned barrel. Also, thick rubber grips. Why? Why do that?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Idk if I'm allowed to post this or not, but there's a 92D Centurion on GB right now, has just under 2 days left and no bids at $490. They didn't list it as a Centurion, and there's only 3 pics, but the barrel is flush with the slide and the full-size guns all had the trademark extended barrels.

If you're lusting for a D Centurion, it's not an absolute steal but it's in pretty good shape minus some visible duty wear. Looks like old Trijicons on it, I'm sure they're dead.

Not my pistol BTW.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    With a little bit of necromancy I ask -

Has anybody had tootech relamp or install new night sites on a legacy slide?

If so - how are you liking the taller sights? Any problems with holster fit or snagging (in particular with Safariland ALS holsters?)

User Tag List