Page 113 of 323 FirstFirst ... 1363103111112113114115123163213 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,130 of 3230

Thread: Beretta 92 FS Compact (and general Beretta love lately)

I tried to do some target shooting with the compact today and I still can't shoot it quite as well as the CZ. Besides accuracy, the Beretta just seems cumbersome for me with the fatter grips and different feeling in the recoil...sluggish is the word I would describe it. I weighed the slides and they're pretty similar at 1 lb 0.2 oz for the CZ and 1 lb 0.7 oz for the Beretta.

I also DIY'd an over travel stop using a cut out SIM card attached by some high strength double sided tape.

So G&R has blue label 92Gs for $515. Shipping and transfer would put it around the $550 posted above. A buddy has a like new M9, not sure if it an A1, that he's considering getting rid of for slightly less. IDPA package from Wilson looks like it fits what I wanting. They state that a M9A1 base pistol is required for that package. Does that mean that a G model base pistol can't be made SSP legal with the changes listed?
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

For those interested, shooters connection has some BrigTacs ready to go. I bought mine from them earlier this year.

http://www.shootersconnectionstore.c...9mm-P3582.aspx

Hi Risk Customer Services
    Attachment 3928
    Carry gear.

Attachment 3929
    Range gear.

Attachment 3930
    Home defense configuration. Still need a Lightbearing holster for this set up.

All kydex gear provided by the forever classy, Mr. Tony Mayer.

Quote Originally Posted by johnson View Post
    I weighed the slides and they're pretty similar at 1 lb 0.2 oz for the CZ and 1 lb 0.7 oz for the Beretta.

]
    How'd you weigh slides? I don't have a full sized CZ but I have several Beretta and none of their slides weighed over 12.5 or so. For the full length models, not Compact like yours.
    Last edited by YVK; 09-26-2015 at 09:20 AM.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Quote Originally Posted by johnson View Post
    I tried to do some target shooting with the compact today and I still can't shoot it quite as well as the CZ. Besides accuracy, the Beretta just seems cumbersome for me with the fatter grips and different feeling in the recoil...sluggish is the word I would describe it. I weighed the slides and they're pretty similar at 1 lb 0.2 oz for the CZ and 1 lb 0.7 oz for the Beretta.
    What load are you running? For CZ's I've had to load short - for Beretta's I'v found that I needed to load longer 1.100 to 1.125
    Powder charge is ~ same for each, at 4.0gr Titegroup. I'm using a 124gr Precision Delta HP.

Loading the short rounds into the Beretta, I experience many flyers and loading long has alleviated that.

I'm loading 1.150" (3.7grn, Xtreme 147grn) HP-38 on my 92.

Just got my Brigadier Tactical back from Wilson Combat today. It already had a great trigger tune using the Wilson Combat trigger bar (if you're going to add one part to your 92, this is it). I had the frame dehorned, and I asked them to be pretty aggressive around the trigger guard and magazine release area. I also had the gun refinished in Armor Tuff. I decided to go with a subtle two tone (black slide and gray frame) that I think turned out terrific. I took some pictures, but had to play around a bit with the photo editor to bring out the gray.

Name:  WCBeretta-2_zpspgeuau1b.jpg
Views: 844
Size:  37.7 KB

Name:  WCBeretta-3_zpscp92ogou.jpg
Views: 817
Size:  35.1 KB

Name:  WCBeretta-4_zpskixrvznp.jpg
Views: 822
Size:  39.4 KB
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    Just got my Brigadier Tactical back from Wilson Combat today. It already had a great trigger tune using the Wilson Combat trigger bar (if you're going to add one part to your 92, this is it). I had the frame dehorned, and I asked them to be pretty aggressive around the trigger guard and magazine release area. I also had the gun refinished in Armor Tuff. I decided to go with a subtle two tone (black slide and gray frame) that I think turned out terrific. I took some pictures, but had to play around a bit with the photo editor to bring out the gray.

Name:  WCBeretta-2_zpspgeuau1b.jpg
Views: 844
Size:  37.7 KB

Name:  WCBeretta-3_zpscp92ogou.jpg
Views: 817
Size:  35.1 KB

Name:  WCBeretta-4_zpskixrvznp.jpg
Views: 822
Size:  39.4 KB
    that is a gorgeous pistol.

I have similar two-tone on a MARS pistol that I love a lot. Well done.
    Ignore Alien Orders

User Tag List