Page 259 of 323 FirstFirst ... 159209249257258259260261269309 ... LastLast
Results 2,581 to 2,590 of 3230

Thread: Beretta 92 FS Compact (and general Beretta love lately)

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    Can you get all black thin grips for the 92FS compact? I think Wilson might make some but I do not like how much their logo sticks out. I’m a plain and boring kind of guy .
    LTT thin grips. Check out my post above.

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....l=1#post832430

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    LTT thin grips. Check out my post above.

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....l=1#post832430

Wow, I had read your post before even asking my question. Can I blame not remembering on drinking too many diet sodas?

A couple of more questions that I have probably missed as well.

The full size grips fit the compact?

Can a 92FS Compact be converted to DAO?

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    Wow, I had read your post before even asking my question. Can I blame not remembering on drinking too many diet sodas?

A couple of more questions that I have probably missed as well.

The full size grips fit the compact?

Can a 92FS Compact be converted to DAO?
    No different grips. Even more disappointingly, different hole patterns. I know, because many years back I wanted to cut down a set of laser grips for a full size to fit the compact.

I suppose you could convert an FS to DAO by removing the sear, sear spring, and sear / trip / decock lever on the frame, which would need the DAO specific spacer. Though you'd still be left with a slide with a safety on it. To make it like other DAOs, you'd want a DAO slide.

My neighbor prefers DA only and actually likes the safety option. As was stated earlier, it was as easy as removing the slide, grips, push out the pin holding the sear and spring, then reassembling. I did get the spacer, but it was cast iron bitch trying to punch out the pin that holds the decocking trip, so we gave up instead of potentially damaging the gun. Since the hammer never stays cocked, the function is useless, but it does no harm to leave it in place.

Aren't Compact and Centurion slides swapable? You could get a 92D Centurion and take all the D specific parts out to use in the compact frame. Then assemble the leftovers into a 92FS Centurion and sell it. Or am I missing something?
    Last edited by Bigghoss; 01-19-2019 at 06:53 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post
    Aren't Compact and Centurion slides swapable? You could get a 92D Centurion and take all the D specific parts out to use in the compact frame. Then assemble the leftovers into a 92FS Centurion and sell it. Or am I missing something?
    I did just this, though I sold the 92D Compact, and kept the Centurion. I’d love to have that Compact back in its original form. I had the night sights done when Tool Tech was still doing them. Only reason I move on from it was I didn’t want an F model. If I’d had known Beretta would have offered a G conversion 10 years down the road, I might have kept it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post
    I just did this today, plus some. I own an M9A1 Compact Inox with rail. It’s an excellent pistol but my hand is just large enough that I would pinch my pinkie during reloads if I wasn’t careful. Still, I set it up to suit me - D spring, G conversion, flush hammer, extended mag release, swapped out the grips and painted the sights.

Today I spotted a used, two-tone 92D Centurion for $399. While the frame has some minor dings the upper looks unfired. Excellent condition, plus it came with an older Lasermax guide rod.

The D came home with me and I just finished swapping out the necessary parts so now I have a franken-92G Centurion. I’m going to sell the M9A1 in its new DAO configuration and see what I can recoop. The only thing left to do is add some grip tape and I should be good.

Quote Originally Posted by LangdonTactical View Post
    That sounds like a really smart idea.

Being sarcastic, but if you guys are thinking about what should be done, you can likely bet it has been discussed and most likely it is coming. Look for really great things in the next say...... 4 months.
    Well, if it IS being discussed, flat mainspring plug (or whatever they call it). Flat and flush, and preferably made of metal. No guide and no lanyard loop please! It's a compact.

While we're at it, if anyone knows where I could get a flat one for my 92G Compact, greatly appreciated.

An M9A1 - G - Compact with full LTT dehorn treatment, 15 round magazine, HD style front sight, LTT thin grips, flat main spring plug... where does that line start!

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    While we're at it, if anyone knows where I could get a flat one for my 92G Compact, greatly appreciated.
    Beretta has had them for sale occasionally on their website. That’s where I got one a few years ago.

The flat ones are sometimes listed under 92SB Compact. Brownells has them at times:

https://www.brownells.com/handgun-pa...185-59783.aspx

Or try searching 92SB on ebay

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Beretta-Mod...EAAOSwwKxb51vS

If you get a true 92SB part, the finish will not be an exact match for a newer Beretta 92.

Quote Originally Posted by LangdonTactical View Post
    That sounds like a really smart idea.

Being sarcastic, but if you guys are thinking about what should be done, you can likely bet it has been discussed and most likely it is coming. Look for really great things in the next say...... 4 months.
    Sir,
    You and I spoke about the PX4C project and getting it Mass Approved. This one would definitely be worth getting approved. Between new 10 round mags and pre-1994 full capacity (including full size mags) I suspect this one will see quite well. I know I'm putting everything on hold for one.

User Tag List