Page 192 of 323 FirstFirst ... 92142182190191192193194202242292 ... LastLast
Results 1,911 to 1,920 of 3230

Thread: Beretta 92 FS Compact (and general Beretta love lately)

Ima covet. Ain't gonna lie.

Quote Originally Posted by OnionsAndDragons View Post
    Ima covet. Ain't gonna lie.
    At least you're not bearing false witness
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadfly View Post
    I am a lucky guy sometimes.
    You just be careful with it - according to the State of Kalifornia, Brunton finished Vertecs are especially dangerous.....

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    At least you will be well armed.

Hell I'd offer you $500 to pick it up for me and ship it to my FFL. BUT - Only the Inox Vertec is approved by my Commissars for me to own and thus not on the roster. [emoji20]
    Suvorov,

It sounds like you need to get out of the Bay Area and on to freedom!

Quote Originally Posted by Guinnessman View Post
    Suvorov,

It sounds like you need to get out of the Bay Area and on to freedom!
    Ironically, I am flying to the Bay Area today for work. And I am flying with my Glock... I will roam the streets while off duty, and none of the sheep will know there is evil/scary/dangerous Tupperware in my waistband. Oh the horror!

Besides Alcatraz/Fishermans warf/Golden gate bridge, what else should I try and see while I am there?
    “A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.” - Shane

Ironically, I am flying to the Bay Area today for work. And I am flying with my Glock... I will roam the streets while off duty, and none of the sheep will know there is evil/scary/dangerous Tupperware in my waistband. Oh the horror!

Besides Alcatraz/Fishermans warf/Golden gate bridge, what else should I try and see while I am there?
    It all depends how long you are here for. Alcatraz is neat from a historical view, just plan on it taking longer getting to and from. It's been years since I did the tour so other than the tours being "at your own pace" I don't know much about it other than you need to buy tickets in advance on line.

Fisherman's Wharf is a mess. I avoid it when possible as it is a haven for the wierdo's of SF to have center stage. That said it is a place that typifies the city so if it is worth going to if you are a tourist. The real sad part is that a large number of the restaurants are chain types. Use Yelp to help you find a good place to eat as I have yet to have a good meal in the Wharf/Pier39 area. Ghirardelli Square just by the Wharf is kind of neat if you like chocolate.

The Bridge now IS something special. My favorite place to take visitors to see the Bridge is Lands End Park. The views are spectacular and there are some nice trails for some very light hiking. It is far enough from the bridge that you get more than just an international orange column in the photos but close enough to really take in the beauty. A good restaurant near Land's End is the Cliff House. It has great views and is a little piece of history. Just up the coast from the Park is Baker Beach which has many of the old coastal defense gun batteries. You can still climb around the bunkers and it gives you a glimpse of SF's martial history. The Presido is also a nice place for a walk. It still retains much of its old Army base flavor and feel but has been converted to housing (very expensive housing mind you) and business parks.

If you are looking for a visit to a fishing town then I would recommend a day trip to Half Moon Bay. It's just down the coast from SF but it is hard to imagine that this small town is located just a few miles from a mass cesspool of humanity. It has a nice little down town and then it's own wharf where fishermen bring their daily catches. A whole lot more authentic and far less commercialized than S.F.. Good for a half day or a whole day.

Marin County is also beautiful. Lots of quaint shops and beautiful bay views. This is the true heart of Nancy Pelosi's SF where you see the progressives in their multi-million dollar homes and expensive cars.

Feel free to shoot me a P.M. if you have any questions.

Site Supporter

Fort Point at the base of the Golden Gate is cool, especially if you've seen Pointblank.. I'll second Suvarov's recommendations for Lands End park and The Cliff House.

Fisherman a Wharf is a haven for weirdos and street crime best avoided. The food is nothing special.

The Alcatraz boats are sometimes booked a few weeks in advance. If you can't go to the Island take one of the Marin ferrys from the main ferry terminal on the Embarcadero. It will take you past Alcatraz and give you a great view of the bay,

There is. a market with all sorts of places to eat in the Ferry Terminal as well. You can also walk a bit south on the Embarcadero and get a Hotdog at Reds, right on the water.

A walk around Chinatown is interesting. Two good places to eat there are Hunan Homes and House of Nanking, though I personally prefer Hunan Homes.

There are several other great places to eat near the office- Molinari's Delicatessen on Columbus and Schroeders is a great German Restaurant and Bar on Front street. It's been in business since 1893. http://www.schroederssf.com

For beef - House of Prime Rib it's fancy and pricey - but worth it. Steaks - Izzy's Steakhouse which is casual and reasonable for SF.

If you are a fan of scotch or So I Married an Axe Murderer - check out Edinburgh Castle in the Tenderloin but take a cab to and from - because the Tenderloin is generally a wretched hive of scum and villainy.

The Top of The Mark, the bar on the top floor of the Mark Hopkins hotel is the highest point in SF and has great views.
    Last edited by HCM; 09-11-2016 at 01:59 PM.

Vending Machine Operator
    Thread starts about Berettas.

192 pages later, I'm nodding and making appreciative sounds because now I know some things to do in San Francisco.

Fun forum.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

I had a M9 Special Edition frame that I built into a M9 Replica using correct parts just sitting in the safe and I decided to swap some parts around that I had in the parts box.

Need to get to the range and see how the Crimson Trace grips do, this will be my first set.

Does anyone know if there is an alternate source yet for getting tritium inserts on 92/M9 front sight posts since tool tech has stopped doing it?

User Tag List