Page 291 of 323 FirstFirst ... 191241281289290291292293301 ... LastLast
Results 2,901 to 2,910 of 3230

Thread: Beretta 92 FS Compact (and general Beretta love lately)

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    I just emailed them to see if they could just mill my slide for a front sight.
    Let me know what they say. It seems absurd that they only offer this option to slides that already have tritium. Maybe the hole for the tritium precludes the pinning from working but if milking is a viable option, why not offer it for every slide?

Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    Let me know what they say. It seems absurd that they only offer this option to slides that already have tritium. Maybe the hole for the tritium precludes the pinning from working but if milking is a viable option, why not offer it for every slide?

Will do.

Attachment 61991

Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    Thanks!

In your case with a compact it makes sense. I just noticed Brownells has A3 G slides available for just over $200. It seems my best/cheapest route would just be to get a new slide.

For my compacts I’ve had decent luck with luminous paint. As long as it sits in the light during the day or I get 1-2 seconds to “charge it” before use it stays nice and bright for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    Thanks!

In your case with a compact it makes sense. I just noticed Brownells has A3 G slides available for just over $200. It seems my best/cheapest route would just be to get a new slide.

For my compacts I’ve had decent luck with luminous paint. As long as it sits in the light during the day or I get 1-2 seconds to “charge it” before use it stays nice and bright for a long time.
    I snagged one of the blemished vertec slides a couple years back that I have on my 92. Definitely a great upgrade imo. I even used it on my compact frame for a while.

The gold bead I have on my compact is ok for now. Less of an issue now that I got my holster from jm to accommodate my tlr7 but still not ideal.

Site Supporter
    Could not the folks at Dawson Precision offer advice on "invigorating" dim sights? http://dawsonprecision.com

Even a dim mind can see that installing a higher front sight on the old style slide will require replacing an already non prominent rear sight with a less prominent one. I have noticed some good deals on the older 92FS pistols. My lgs has a beautiful and wonderfully crafted Italian version that represents the best of Beretta's craft. Yes. I took it apart with gentle touch to inspect it and relubed it with Slip 2000.

So, the 92 compact is the only gun i've got that is liable to pinch the shit out of my pinky during a reload. Since I'm not a big fan of pain or blood blisters, is there any different base place or similar that helps with this?
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Quote Originally Posted by LOKNLOD View Post
    So, the 92 compact is the only gun i've got that is liable to pinch the shit out of my pinky during a reload. Since I'm not a big fan of pain or blood blisters, is there any different base place or similar that helps with this?
    I’ve experienced that as well (but also with the USP compact). You could try running standard 15 round magazines as there would not be the same pinching mechanism, but the dissimilar grip is bothersome to me. They make a sleeve that eliminates this dissimilarity but reintroduces the pinch point (although it is rubber and I do t recall getting pinched when using one).

I was getting pinched at the bottom of my hand, not my pinky. The Wilson Combat Mag Guide helped me a lot.

Name:  764_6.jpg
Views: 648
Size:  63.1 KB

https://shopwilsoncombat.com/Wilson-...oductinfo/764/

Quote Originally Posted by 37th Mass View Post
    I was getting pinched at the bottom of my hand, not my pinky. The Wilson Combat Mag Guide helped me a lot.
    That's interesting, I wouldn't have thought about it getting anyone like that.

Mine bites me hard right here:

Name:  2020-10-18_LI.jpg
Views: 624
Size:  17.5 KB

I suppose not reloading ever with a compact mag would solve it, of course...
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

That's interesting, I wouldn't have thought about it getting anyone like that.

Mine bites me hard right here:

Name:  2020-10-18_LI.jpg
Views: 624
Size:  17.5 KB

I suppose not reloading ever with a compact mag would solve it, of course...
    I get bit on the bottom of the hand below the pinky.

In your case you could maybe bevel the top of the magazine floor plate In front to illuminate/reduce the pinch point?

User Tag List