Page 71 of 323 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381121171 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta 92 FS Compact (and general Beretta love lately)

Good thing I ordered two last week ;-)

Site Supporter
    What magazines do you all prefer in your Berettas? I am going to buy some magazines now in preparation for when I finally buy a Beretta.

Quote Originally Posted by Guinnessman View Post
    What magazines do you all prefer in your Berettas? I am going to buy some magazines now in preparation for when I finally buy a Beretta.
    18 round MecGar's.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

I've accumulated a surprising variety of magazines for my two Berettas (an M9 and a recently acquired Wilson Combat Brigadier Tactical 92G). Most are Beretta OEM, including the standard 15 round magazine (which came with the M9), the 15 round sand resistant PVD magazine (three came with the WC pistol; they are standard for the M9A1). and the 17 round magazine (standard on the 92A1). I've had no problems with these magazines and would recommend any of the Beretta OEM magazines. For whatever reason, I've consistently found the best deals on the 17 round magazines. I'm not sure I would've paid the premium for the PVD sand resistant magazines, but the three that came with the WC have functioned perfectly. I don't think there is a 'wrong choice' among the Beretta branded magazines.

My favorite magazines are the Mec-Gar branded 18 round magazines, which I prefer to use when I'm carrying a Beretta (which hasn't been often but is sure to increase now that I've acquired the Wilson 92G). My understanding is that Mec-Gar has produced magazines for Beretta, so the quality is equal to the OEM magazines above.

Of my non-OEM magazines, I acquired four new Checkmate manufactured magazines in a trade when I purchased my M9. I've had no problems with them, but I see no reason to choose them over the other high quality magazines I own, and consider them range magazines only.
    Last edited by JSGlock34; 11-27-2014 at 09:54 PM.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

BUSA is showing the 22LR practice kit as in stock again now. 25% off sale is still going. I ordered.

Interesting data point (for me anyway). I got a hold of a current manufacture 92 Brigadier and tested it in the the holsters I have on hand. It fits in the Blade-Tech 92a1 holster I use for USPSA. It fits in the Dark Star gear OWB holster that I have (also made to fit a 92a1). It fits in my Dark Star AIWB (made for 92a1). It did not go into a JM Custom IWB version 2 that was made for a 92a1, but I also didn't try loosening the retention screw, as I didn't want to mess with the fit on my carry Beretta.

I'd say, cautiously, that if a person wanted a holster that would accept all 92 variants, getting one made to fit a 92a1 seems like a pretty safe bet. When I ordered my Dark Star Gear holsters, the initial order was for 92a1 holsters, but after some experimenting (on the makers side, not mine) I wound up with holsters that give a very nice fit on every single Beretta I've ever tried to put in there.

Having adjustable tension screws (Stoeger pro shop) helps in having the same holster work with different models.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Kicking my Beretta love into high gear...this "Bruniton Friday" I took possession of a Like new unfired M9 Commercial and a M9A1 also in like new unfired condition. $900 out the door at a local gun shop in Daytona Beach. Put a Like New Unfired 92FS VerTec on Layaway from the same shop. I did not buy it immediatly since I had just picked up a 92D with straight dust cover in almost like new but fired condition wearing a set of CTC Laser grips for $450 from a private sale. Ran out of all my fun gun money. The Wilson Combat Brigadier will just have to wait till I sell the SIG 229, pick up the VerTec and then work more OT.

I tried Bill Wilson's "Virtual" trigger job on my Elite II the other day. I do think it helped to smooth out the SA pull.

After seeing Jerry Jones's post about the Beretta 92G coming back, and looking over the WC Brig thread here, I decided to special order a (standard) 92G for myself. Picked it up yesterday, and it shoots nice. I only put a single box through it since we were in a genuine Montana snowstorm. Happy to join club Beretta.

It's ridiculous how excited I am about the 92G Vertec reportedly coming back next year. I'll probably buy two, and if they release a 92G compact, I'll probably buy two of those as well.

User Tag List