Page 106 of 323 FirstFirst ... 65696104105106107108116156206 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,060 of 3230

Thread: Beretta 92 FS Compact (and general Beretta love lately)

Quote Originally Posted by GardoneVT View Post
    The price ain't bad for what you get. Objectively it compares well with the "Enhanced" Sig P series pistols. Unfortunately SEAL Team Darkmatter doesn't use the M9A3 ,so I foresee it languishing in the display case.
    Considering this is $400-500 more than an M9A1 or 92A1 and at least $200-300 more than a brigadier model, it may compare with sig prices, but that doesn't make the price reasonable for what you're getting.

I think its languishing will have much more to do with Beretta overestimating what people are willing to pay than its military bonafides or lack thereof.
    Last edited by Matt O; 09-06-2015 at 11:40 AM. Reason: Grammar!

Quote Originally Posted by Matt O View Post
    That is indeed rather disappointing. I'm sure that there will be an initial round of decent sales, but that price will likely keep the M9A3 from becoming a popular item. I was originally planning on getting one or two, but not at $1k and certainly not at $1k+.
    Well, one also has to remember that the MSRP, and the actual street price (that is, the price you'll see them actually selling for) will probably be different, I wouldn't be surprised if the street price is more like $7-800. That would be reasonable. I bought a Vertec awhile back, and my only gripe is the safety lever...I'll probably send the slide in to Wilson for a "G" conversion, For me, It'd be a lot cheaper than buying a M9A3, as there isn't a lot of difference.

$700-800 would work. $1100 is out of the question.

Heck, I just now bought a 92G-SD that came with a butt load of extras for $1000 Shipped. Having the Wilson at ~1200 really makes any "regular production" pistol thats close to that price point seem extra ridiculous...

That price puts into direct competition with the 92G-SD and within a few bucks of the Wilson Berettas. It better do something those don't to get me interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt O View Post
    Considering this is $400-500 more than an M9A1 or 92A1 and at least $200-300 more than a brigadier model, it may compare with sig prices, but that doesn't make the price reasonable for what you're getting.

I think its languishing will have much more to do with Beretta overestimating what people are willing to pay than its military bonafides or lack thereof.
    The M9A3 isn't a mass market gun. It's the handgun equivalent of a loaded F150 Lariat.
    For every one M9A3 that sells, twenty bread n butter Glocks and M&Ps will leave the store. The piece is a bragging rights gun for the collector who thinks two gun safes full of pistols is a starter collection.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

$1100 is retarded money. I could definitely see paying a premium for this over the standard M9A1, but not that much. You could buy an M9A1, a G slide and have night sights added for about that price.

Well, I stand somewhat corrected. Per my contact at BUSA, it comes with the conversion parts to swap between FS and G configs, 3x 17rd PVD mags, a threaded bbl and night sights. That makes the price a bit more reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by backtrail540 View Post
    Thanks for the info!! I just purchased 10 of the "Original Equipment" magazines for under $15 each from the link Hizzie provided earlier. Good to know they are good to go.
    Ditto. Very satisfied so far. Got two complete rotational sets of five mags each, all 18's. Very positive function with slide lock back, drop free, and insertion. I will likely range test them and the gun next week. Very happy getting 10 magazines that are good OEM equipment for under $150.00.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Quote Originally Posted by LHS View Post
    ... a threaded bbl...
    That, I think, is the key thing that will justify the price. I have no use for a threaded barrel or anything to attach to it, so I'm probably not going to be a M9A3 customer, but there are bunches of folks that are dropping a couple hundred extra bucks to add a threaded barrel to, you name the handgun, and you now can justify the cost of the M9A3 to those folks.
    Last edited by JTQ; 09-06-2015 at 05:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JTQ View Post
    That, I think, is the key thing that will justify the price. I have no use for a threaded barrel or anything to attach to it, so I'm probably not going to be a M9A3 customer, but there are bunches of folks that are dropping a couple hundred extra bucks to add a threaded barrel to, you name the handgun, and you now can justify the cost of the M9A3 to those folks.
    Exactly. Start with a $750 Vertec. Have Wilson convert it to G for another $200 (factoring in shipping). A Gemtech threaded 92 barrel/locking block assembly adds another $200 (Although you could have Tooltech thread an existing barrel for about $75 if memory serves). Night sights are $175 if you want Tooltech to drill and tap them. The 17rd PVD mags are about $8 more per mag than standard 15rd mags. Spare grip panels with backstrap that replicates standard 92 contours has to cost something, probably somewhere around $25-$50.

So yeah, I can see where they get the cost. It's still high for me, and I probably won't end up getting one of these (I already have several various G-models, and a threaded bbl assembly, and am waiting to see if they resurrect the G compacts), but it's not as egregious as I first thought.

User Tag List