Page 292 of 323 FirstFirst ... 192242282290291292293294302 ... LastLast
Results 2,911 to 2,920 of 3230

Thread: Beretta 92 FS Compact (and general Beretta love lately)

I just use full sized mags for reloads. During uspsa i just use 18rd mags.

But really my hands are a medium. My pinky is hanging off the grip but only partially. I dont really get a pinch with compact mags.

15rd mecgars ftw!

I carried mine tonight. I really hope tooltech responds this week. Id love to have my compact set up exactly how I want it. Its such a great gun besides that.

Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    I carried mine tonight. I really hope tooltech responds this week. Id love to have my compact set up exactly how I want it. Its such a great gun besides that.
    I agree, that fixed front sight is a major short coming. I had Wilson install a fiber on my front, but it doesn’t work as well as most replaceable fiber front sights. This is probably due to the lack of a “window” on the top. Would love something similar to Trijicon HDs, but with a square notch in the rear and without the razor sharp corners.

I did a FO on my 92G. It works but isn't quite as bright as the Dawson FO because the fixed sight is shorter so less room for an open top. It is also somewhat fragile because maxing the opening leaves less metal. I used a standard 1/16" drill bit (.062") that I put into the end of a piece of 1/4" rod. This allowed me to drill from the rear forward so my drilling was centered by the OE dimple that is filled w/ white. One of the regular FO rod diameters is .060" so it fits perfectly.
    20180921_073216 by craig stuard, on Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by LOKNLOD View Post
    That's interesting, I wouldn't have thought about it getting anyone like that.

Mine bites me hard right here:

Attachment 62001

I suppose not reloading ever with a compact mag would solve it, of course...
    I got a nasty blood blister on my palm from that first-thing on TD1 of a 2-day Langdon class. I had to learn pretty quick to kind of open up my pinky and ring fingers when reloading the compacts.

Matt Haught
    SYMTAC Consulting LLC
    https://sym-tac.com

When reloading a compact 92 using a full-size magazine, are the grip sleeves required to prevent over-insertion of the magazine and possibly damaging the ejector? I know this is a problem with some types of guns (S&W M&P, Sig P320) and am curious if it’s also an issue with the 92 family or if Beretta solved it by engineering the frame or magazines in some way such as what Glock did.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    When reloading a compact 92 using a full-size magazine, are the grip sleeves required to prevent over-insertion of the magazine and possibly damaging the ejector? I know this is a problem with some types of guns (S&W M&P, Sig P320) and am curious if it’s also an issue with the 92 family or if Beretta solved it by engineering the frame or magazines in some way such as what Glock did.
    I’ve heard of that risk... but never saw any ejector damage in about 10 years of shooting IDPA with a 92 Compact using full-size mags for reloads. I’m competing with an LTT Elite now, but the ejector on my Compact is visually and functionally fine after all that “abuse”.

I just think the grip sleeves make it easier to get a full, normal grip and make it more “Centurion-like”. But they introduce the risk of hand-bite on reloads that can be avoided by using full-length magazines.

I had posted this in another thread, but will post it here as well since the discussion is relevant:

Will the Springer Precision 140mm magazine extension for the 18-round Mecgar mags also fit the 15-round Mecgar compact mags?

If so, that might be another option for compact reloads.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by GyroF-16 View Post
    I’ve heard of that risk... but never saw any ejector damage in about 10 years of shooting IDPA with a 92 Compact using full-size mags for reloads. I’m competing with an LTT Elite now, but the ejector on my Compact is visually and functionally fine after all that “abuse”.

I just think the grip sleeves make it easier to get a full, normal grip and make it more “Centurion-like”. But they introduce the risk of hand-bite on reloads that can be avoided by using full-length magazines.
    I’ve never had a problem either. That said, the ejector is a fairly easy part to replace.

That’s good to hear. Thanks guys.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by BJV View Post
    Will the Springer Precision 140mm magazine extension for the 18-round Mecgar mags also fit the 15-round Mecgar compact mags?

Answering my own question since the Springer Precision mag extensions are back in stock and I was able to get a few:

No, these do not work with the 15-round Mecgar magazines for the 92 compact. While the mag extension fits on the magazine itself, there is interference between the bottom of the grip and the top of the mag extension that prevents the magazine from seating fully and engaging the magazine catch.

User Tag List