Page 260 of 323 FirstFirst ... 160210250258259260261262270310 ... LastLast
Results 2,591 to 2,600 of 3230

Thread: Beretta 92 FS Compact (and general Beretta love lately)

Tonight’s Stupid Question...lol

Name:  632926AB-D2E8-4797-A0C4-09D19CB32632.jpg
Views: 728
Size:  21.1 KB

I have Beretta trigger return springs, and WC TRS’s. I installed TCU units in my M9 and 92 Compact pistols, and mixed up the traditional springs. Can anyone tell from the picture which spring is the WC, and which is the Beretta OEM?
    TIA!
    EDIT: I took the chance that the spring on the right is the Wilson Combat, and tossed it in.
    Last edited by FrankB; 02-06-2019 at 09:46 PM.

Hate to say it but I'd toss both of them and order new of which ever you prefer. Do to my occasional lack of organization I have done that several times w/ hammer springs.

If I've missed this in this long thread, I have a question. For the 92fs vs. the 92 compact size difference, is it worth it? I can read the specs, but I cannot find a compact local to me, or two hours away, to handle and compare. I am looking at purchasing my first personally owned Beretta this year funds willing.

I will carry which ever one I get. Carrying a larger gun doesn't bother me, I AIWB a government model right now. But, something more in a commander or CCO size is less work to carry. So, is the size difference worth it when concealing the gun? Is the compact detrimental to shooting it?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I own both, but carry the Compact much more often. They both shoot well, but I do shoot the full size M9 a hair better at 25 yards.

Quote Originally Posted by FrankB View Post
    I own both, but carry the Compact much more often. They both shoot well, but I do shoot the full size M9 a hair better at 25 yards.
    Thank you Frank. I would expect some difference in shootableity at distance.

I couldn't comfortably get my whole hand on the grip of my compact so I sold it. My hands aren't huge but they're big enough that I like standard thickness grips, ultra thins make the grip too narrow for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

My only hesitation with the compact was the backstrap was a little short for me but probably doable. But since the only one I’ve ever seen for sale locally was sold before I could make up my mind, it became a moot point. It was a lot the same length as my M&P 1.0 compact with a Hyve +3 extension.

Beretta USA promotion, through Monday, Feb 18. 20% off entire purchase of $150 or more at https://www.berettausa.com/en-us/ when you use code PREZ2019

Quote Originally Posted by Shorikid View Post
    If I've missed this in this long thread, I have a question. For the 92fs vs. the 92 compact size difference, is it worth it? I can read the specs, but I cannot find a compact local to me, or two hours away, to handle and compare. I am looking at purchasing my first personally owned Beretta this year funds willing.

I will carry which ever one I get. Carrying a larger gun doesn't bother me, I AIWB a government model right now. But, something more in a commander or CCO size is less work to carry. So, is the size difference worth it when concealing the gun? Is the compact detrimental to shooting it?

There’s a noticeable difference IMO. I can’t quite comfortably conceal a full size to my liking.

Here is a grip comparison I took probably 15 years ago.

I hope that this isn’t too far off topic, but I’ve got my first Beretta (92D Centurion) on the way, and found a paper target design that managed to combine my enthusiasm for the new gun with some old-school First Person Shooter 92-pattern experiences:

http://billllsidlemind.blogspot.com/...ooter.html?m=1

I only wish that the targets were full color instead of silhouettes, and I promise to aim by using actual sights, and not by the muzzle flash.
    Last edited by Bergeron; 02-22-2019 at 11:40 PM.

User Tag List