Page 240 of 323 FirstFirst ... 140190230238239240241242250290 ... LastLast
Results 2,391 to 2,400 of 3230

Thread: Beretta 92 FS Compact (and general Beretta love lately)

Sounds like Beretta has taken a page from the Colt book.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Quote Originally Posted by cor_man257 View Post
    The dovetails are a little confusing. There are at least 2 different ones and possibly up to four.
    -Brig dovetail.
    -Vertec dovetail.
    -92A1 dovetail. (possibly same as vertec)
    -Cent Tac dovetail. (Who knows if this the same)

I really love 92s, but sometimes the way Beretta deals with them is mind boggling.

-Cory
    Basically, I’m trying to determine if there is a HD option (either Ameriglo or Trijicon) for my BrigTac. It sounds like the answer is still no.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    Basically, I’m trying to determine if there is a HD option (either Ameriglo or Trijicon) for my BrigTac. It sounds like the answer is still no.
    I'm not saying the answer is no. I'm saying I don't know, and I havent seen anyone else say with certainty.

-Cory

Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    Call Wilson, they might have the sight you need to put on it. It might be the same cut as the Cent Tac, and maybe they planned on doing the sight as an option at a later date. And then you could let us know how great it is, .. Maybe

Has anyone tried this mag well option for the 92?
    http://www.egwguns.com/other-pistols...etta-mag-well/

Quote Originally Posted by Arbninftry View Post
    Call Wilson, they might have the sight you need to put on it. It might be the same cut as the Cent Tac, and maybe they planned on doing the sight as an option at a later date. And then you could let us know how great it is, .. Maybe
    Wilson does not stock the Trijicon HDs and their reps seemed to know very little about them when I discussed having custom work done to my 92A1. Basically, I’d have to supply any non-Wilson sights that I want on the gun.

Honestly, I don’t blame Wilson. It’s not their job to stock the competition’s sights or correct Beretta’s backwards thinking. This issue of Beretta front dovetail sights is an embodiment of what pisses me off in many industries - the the gun industry in particular. In a sane world, Beretta would use the same dovetail across all of their pistol product lines including the 92, PX4, and APX series guns. If a standard dovetail is impossible due to slide geometry, then limit the number of dovetails as much as possible and publish a fricken compatibility chart on the website.

Oh, and that includes making a dovetail cut in the 92 compact (gasp). I can’t stress how retarded it is that the 92 compact lacks a night sight capability. What keeps me from adopting the 92-series as a complete system is the lack of a compact option for deep carry that can be fitted with HD night sights.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnN View Post
    Has anyone tried this mag well option for the 92?
    http://www.egwguns.com/other-pistols...etta-mag-well/
    I have not. But, a Beretta with a beveled mag well and the Wilson mag guide loads extremely fast for me.

So I'm planning on getting a .22lr 92 soon but it looks like the mags for the M9-22 are pretty narrow and I'm wondering if this will be a factor in practicing reloads. Should I spend a little extra and buy a 92 frame and a .22 conversion instead?

Ordered an M9-22, took it out today and put 200-250 rounds or so through it without issue. Mostly Winchester white box, 50 rounds of Federal something, and about 30 rounds of Remington Thunderbolt. Thunderbolt is actually one of the recommended types of ammo in the manual. Trigger is close enough to a stock M9/92FS to work on my trigger control and accuracy seems good too but I'm not good enough to really be commenting on the mechanical accuracy of a firearm. Hopefully this will help me in that area.

OK, someone set me straight. Has Beretta discontinued ALL of its 92 Compact models, including the M9A1 Compact Inox version?

Only used compact models are on GB with several listings describing them as discontinued and retailers have any new stock. However, Beretta still lists the Inox version on their website (no listings for black models or those without a rail).

User Tag List