Page 303 of 323 FirstFirst ... 203253293301302303304305313 ... LastLast
Results 3,021 to 3,030 of 3230

Thread: Beretta 92 FS Compact (and general Beretta love lately)

Quote Originally Posted by Polecat View Post
    That’s kinda deceptive. While they look similar the 92 compact is shorter in the front strap and just feels like your barely hanging on. The PX4 is Fat compared to the 43x, though they both look close. Pics don’t tell the whole story.
    Yes, of course the 43x is slimmer. The 43x and the PX4CC are similar in size profile-wise and the PX4CC’s weight is a lot closer to the 43x than the 92C. The slide and frame width of the PX4CC is very close to a G19. The PX4CC is kind of deceptive, almost an optical illusion, as it looks a lot more chunky than it actually measures. It was originally designed to eat a steady diet of high pressure 40S&W. It’s impressively durable in 9mm as Ernest proved.

Having said all of that, this is a 92C thread, and I do dig my 92X C compact with all of the LTT upgrades greatly. I prefer to carry the PX4CC with all of the LTT upgrades because for me it’s more portable, concealable, comfy when carrying all day.

A 43x isn’t a good comparison for me - I didn’t care for mine and sold it. The PX4C I handled was a well used one, and the shape of the grip is what got me, I think. Plus, the PX4CC barrel is a little short for the size of the pistol. I’m hoping the hints Beretta dropped of a revised PX4 include a revamped grip contour and texture.

The LTT 92 Compact, meanwhile, is very likely to feel almost identical to my 92 Elite. LTT’s thin grips are a gamechanger for me, and his trigger work too. I would actually be willing to order one without handling, but will still try to find one first. I’m that impressed with my 92 Elite, it has me rethinking a lot of things.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Always between two major rivers that begin with the letter "M."
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I wasn’t able to try any alternative grips on the used PX4s I handled. I’m not going to rule them out quite yet, but I wasn’t comfortable moving forward at this point. Maybe after I’ve had a chance to handle both a LTT PX4CC and any 92 Compact I’ll have a better idea.
    I have alluded to it elsewhere, but I made the decision to get rid of all the striker-fired semiautos except my "NanX" (Nano retrofitted with an APX Carry grip frame and slide release), which has absolutely zero resale value but is reliable, has a hammerless J-frame doppelganger trigger pull and is surprisingly accurate when I am on my game. Note the subtle sculpting and superior texture on the APX grip frame compared to the slab of Nano... Beretta, I'm looking at YOU! (Points at his own eyes and then at Beretta.)

Name:  Nano with APX grip copy.jpg
Views: 363
Size:  75.4 KB
    "The Rodney Dangerfield of Semiauto Handguns"

Anyway-

As of October 30, 2022, all of the orange cat's centerfire HD/SD semiauto pistols with the exception of the NanX are DA/SA Berettas... this means PX4's and 92X's. Any other platform is a range toy or fun gun. I am too cynical to be a Beretta fanboy - used to hate them, actually - but I have grown comfortable with the two platforms and have picked the hill I will plotz on.

(So to speak.)

The PX4's most exasperating weak link remains the grip contour and texturing; and I am unanimous in this! Attachment 96467

With the grip textured by someone who knows what the hell they are doing, the current PX4 equipped with the right parts as discovered/developed by LTT is good enough for anyone, and one of the easiest platforms there is to maintain and/or modify. A better gun for the masses than the 92? I might admit it once the grip issues are addressed at the factory.

I am considering dipping my toe into the Compact 92X pool too, not because the PX4 doesn't cut it performance-wise, but because I just might find it delightful. Or not.
    gn

"On the internet, nobody knows if you are a dog... or even a cat."

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    . I’m hoping the hints Beretta dropped of a revised PX4 include a revamped grip contour and texture.
    They what now? Interest meter pinged on that.

As an aside, the Beretta 92x compact I have would fall just below a Colt Commander for concealment but not quite on the level of my default G19 sized gun (CZ P07, highly recommend for a TDA Glock 19 btw).

I can easily conceal the iron sighted 92x compact with a white t-shirt and shorts...the RDO slide on top is slightly more difficult to conceal, but still workable if I wear slightly bigger waist shorts and a t shirt that isn't white.

My ass got bigger because of squats and as a consequence, I've found the waist dimensions of my pants plays a pretty big role in concealment. Used to wear size 32s with a holster, now I gotta go up to size 34 at least for the same concealment, otherwise I feel blood flow restriction to my legs when walking.

Tl;DR getting caked up has it's drawbacks. Yes the wife likes the new dumptruck, but I had to buy new pants and belt and shorts to not feel like the legs are falling asleep while carrying.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

My issue is that Beretta isn’t the only TDA I’m “interviewing”… I’m looking at P30s too and just dipped my toe in with a P30LS. But from a pure trigger bliss standpoint it’s going to be really hard to beat a LTT massaged 92 platform pistol.

If LTT does Black Friday deals, I may just jump on a Compact.
    Last edited by HeavyDuty; 11-01-2022 at 08:44 AM.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...

Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    They what now? Interest meter pinged on that.
    Somebody posted a Beretta executive interview where a revamped PX4 was hinted. I didn’t watch it myself.
    Ken

Hammertime
    Dammit I thought I was done looking at Berettas. I love that sub compact!

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Glock View Post
    Dammit I thought I was done looking at Berettas. I love that sub compact!
    My friend, once you've had a few Berettas, you're never really done looking at Berettas.

Quote Originally Posted by GyroF-16 View Post
    Huh.

I always thought the 92 Compact already qualified as a CCP.
    In fact, I classified with mine several years ago, and remember it fitting in the box. I don’t distinctly remember the lid being closed, but that’s because I was more concerned with whether the mag with a Beretta rubber base would fit (it did).
    I'm not sure if they revamped the CCP box? But the stock gun did NOT fit the box without trimming...

Quote Originally Posted by CSW View Post
    Paging @snow white.
    He's got an LTT compact and has carried it for a while
    I Love my LTT compact. Although i gotta say I've been spoiled with the enigma/ J frame combo. When I'm looking for more capacity the LTT compact is what use.
    Come, mother, come! For terror is thy name, death is in thy breath, and every shaking step destroys a world for e'er. Thou 'time', the all-destroyer! Come, O mother, come!

User Tag List