Page 251 of 323 FirstFirst ... 151201241249250251252253261301 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,510 of 3230

Thread: Beretta 92 FS Compact (and general Beretta love lately)

Correct D spring?

I installed a D spring I bought from Beretta #EU00043 in my 92fs. On the website it is listed as a part for the 92, Cougar and PX4. The resulting trigger pull is very light (or maybe just compared to a standard 92). I know that’s the desired result but the pistol is ccw use so reliable ignition is my primary concern. Is this the correct part ie the spring found in M9A3s and Brig Tacs?

Quote Originally Posted by DickPR View Post
    I installed a D spring I bought from Beretta #EU00043 in my 92fs. On the website it is listed as a part for the 92, Cougar and PX4. The resulting trigger pull is very light (or maybe just compared to a standard 92). I know that’s the desired result but the pistol is ccw use so reliable ignition is my primary concern. Is this the correct part ie the spring found in M9A3s and Brig Tacs?
    The D spring was used in 92D's, and M9A3's from the factory. I have no idea on the BrigTacs. IIRC the weight of the D spring is 16# and Ernest Langdon has said the 92-series should be reliable down to 14#. You shouldn't have any issues with a D spring.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

The Beretta love thread needs a tender loving bump. I'm on a mission to find a better AIWB holster for my Beretta / Wilson 92G Compact. I'm going to re-read the thread, but if anyone wants to throw out a few new suggestions, I'd appreciate it. So far my favorite holster is an INCOG Eclipse with a JM wedge for my 19. Unfortunately, the INCOG gun selection is limited (yet they offer one for the APX, but not the 92, go figure).

I'm currently using some cheap inexpensive holster off eBay for a Vertec (my previous 92 compact had a rail) that I cut down to fit the Compact, and also cut it such that it was no longer an Ambi holster shell.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    The Beretta love thread needs a tender loving bump. I'm on a mission to find a better AIWB holster for my Beretta / Wilson 92G Compact. I'm going to re-read the thread, but if anyone wants to throw out a few new suggestions, I'd appreciate it. So far my favorite holster is an INCOG Eclipse with a JM wedge for my 19. Unfortunately, the INCOG gun selection is limited (yet they offer one for the APX, but not the 92, go figure).

I'm currently using some cheap inexpensive holster off eBay for a Vertec (my previous 92 compact had a rail) that I cut down to fit the Compact, and also cut it such that it was no longer an Ambi holster shell.
    I don’t do AIWB, but love my JMCK #3 for my 92C (no rail). Maybe one of his AIWB offerings?

And thanks for bumping...
    Last edited by LSP552; 11-04-2018 at 03:38 PM.

I'm currently trying out a Keeper's Concealment AIWB rig for the LTT 92G that I purchased from Langdon Tactical. If you're looking for a Keeper or JMCK AIWB holster for the LTT92/M9A3/M9A1 right now, Ernest keeps both makes in stock without the wait.

It is a good time to order AIWB from JMCK though - Tony is running a special - $10 off the AIWB or 'George' holsters through November 15.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    I'm currently trying out a Keeper's Concealment AIWB rig for the LTT 92G that I purchased from Langdon Tactical. If you're looking for a Keeper or JMCK AIWB holster for the LTT92/M9A3/M9A1 right now, Ernest keeps both makes in stock without the wait.

It is a good time to order AIWB from JMCK though - Tony is running a special - $10 off the AIWB or 'George' holsters through November 15.
    Im trying a keepers for dryfire (which is on pause) but havent been carrying. The one thing i'll say is that having infinite adjustability can make it hard to find the sweetspot. I found the fastest setting for me, and the best concealed, and the best comfort. I havent found the best blend yet. I know its there, but adjusting ride height, cant, pads, belt position, belt tension, pants height... it can be difficult to put it together into the result you're looking for. I'm confident this holster can work for 80% of people myself included. I just havent got it quite right yet.

-Cory
    Last edited by Cory; 11-04-2018 at 06:21 PM.

I've found comfortable AIWB carry elusive but every once in a while I get the urge to try again, hence my latest experiment with the Keeper. I've found AIWB far more sensitive to my choices in pants or belt than other carry methods. As you said, I still haven't found the 'sweet spot'.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

dont mean to drift the appendix carry.

I am looking for a decent OWB range holster for my LTT.

Would you consider the JMCK OWB more as conceal carry or range carry?

I almost went Comp Tac International but want to make sure there is nothing else out there.

I found a used G-Code for an M9A1 but it does not come with the adapter. Thats another 45$+ added to the price of the holster.

T.Rex says their Sig320 holsters will work with the M9A1. Not sure I want to go that route.

thanks in advance
    If you're going to be a bear….be a GRIZZLY!

Site Supporter
    Would you consider the JMCK OWB more as conceal carry or range carry?
    I no longer have a 92, but usually carry my full-size PX4 concealed in a JMCK OWB#2 since my work jeans are too tight to carry IWB. It works fine as a range holster.

Quote Originally Posted by SW CQB 45 View Post
    T.Rex says their Sig320 holsters will work with the M9A1. Not sure I want to go that route.
    I would not purchase anything from T.Rex. A fair amount of reputable folks have spoken out about how "instagram shooters" have negatively impacted the training industry. Much of that criticisim is aimed at the owner of T.Rex arms (although others as well). He has been accused of speeding up his videos to look like he is a better shooter than he is.

In addition, he hosts classes where he teaches about shooting, yet has no military, law enforcement, or competitve pedigree. Reputable people (John Johnson of ballistic radio I think, could be wrong) have pretty much stated the classes are a crock.

The holsters they produce are not frequently referenced on this forum. I havent used any, but I dont think the lack of mention is because they havent been tried by the forum. I think its likely they were found wanting compared to other makers like JMCK, Keepers, Dark Star Gear,Mastermind, Phlstr, CCC, and the like. The fact they are pitching a holster that is both for a 320 and a 92 speaks negatively of their quality in my mind.

I would have trouble supporting the company if there are other options available from companies like JMCK who are known to produce quality. I dont know if Tony's is a range holster or concealment holster. I know with his name attached it will be quality though.

-Cory
    Last edited by Cory; 11-04-2018 at 08:54 PM.

User Tag List