Page 137 of 323 FirstFirst ... 3787127135136137138139147187237 ... LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,370 of 3230

Thread: Beretta 92 FS Compact (and general Beretta love lately)

Hi Jon,

Just a thought, but you might want to replace the rear tritium lamps with new yellow tritium lamps for low light/no light sight acquisition. A lot of customers have been going with this option and like the idea of the green front lamp centered between two yellow lamps. Additionally, the yellow lamps carry the full 12 year warranty that the green lamps do.

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Tooltech View Post
    Hi Jon,

Just a thought, but you might want to replace the rear tritium lamps with new yellow tritium lamps for low light/no light sight acquisition. A lot of customers have been going with this option and like the idea of the green front lamp centered between two yellow lamps. Additionally, the yellow lamps carry the full 12 year warranty that the green lamps do.

Steve
    That's actually not a bad idea either. AND I appreciate you altruistically spending my money....Seriously, thanks for the suggestion, I'll ponder over it.

Best, Jon

Hi Jon,

Steve
    Can you get the rear yellow tritium without white rings?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Hi Jon,

Steve
    PM sent.

Best, Jon

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Can you get the rear yellow tritium without white rings?
    Yes, The white paint can be removed and black paint is used to fill the area where the white paint was. There is no additional charge for this.

I have to say, as a Beretta lover this is totally awesome. I actually like the width of the 92 stock front sight. For me, having the ability to add colour is a huge improvement.

But alas, I live in Canada....so options are more limited...

Great to learn about these options. The Wilson 92G Compact would look much more attractive to me coming with one of those tritium front sights as a standard feature.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    Great to learn about these options. The Wilson 92G Compact would look much more attractive to me coming with one of those tritium front sights as a standard feature.
    I would probably pick one up.. tell my wife it's for her

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    I would probably pick one up.. tell my wife it's for her
    If I had a dollar for every time I've used that line I could buy a new Wilson Beretta 92 compact.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

I put the 10-8 rear sight on my 92G to go with my orange Tooltech front sight. I really like how the sight looks, but I think the .130 wide notch is a bit too narrow. Also, the base of the sight was small for my factory dovetail. I used a MGW sight tool to put it in, and it slid right in with no real friction. When I tightened the set screw, the loose sight lifted up a bit in the dovetail, making the sight taller compared to the top of the slide. I will either need to get my file out and modify the sight, or change to a Wilson Combat sight. Wilson sights are supposed to be .150 wide, which I think will be better for my factory width rear.

I like how my pistol turned out. So far I have a stock Beretta 92G with steel trigger, D spring, Beretta oversized steel mag release, Tooltech front sight, 10-8 rear sight, Wilson Combat Ultra-thin black grips. I have a Wilson mag guide on the way. I got a good deal on the pistol when new and bought most of my parts at a discount, so in the end I will have around $850 in the pistol. If I paid normal price for everything, I'd be very close to the price of a new Wilson Combat Beretta. I only mention the price because the more I look at upgrades to a standard pistol the better the price on the Wilson Combat pistol looks to me. Eventually, I will follow Les' advice by trying a weaker recoil spring and a Wilson trigger job/trigger bar.

Last edited by KG; 02-13-2016 at 12:50 PM.

User Tag List