Page 124 of 323 FirstFirst ... 2474114122123124125126134174224 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,240 of 3230

Thread: Beretta 92 FS Compact (and general Beretta love lately)

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by StraitR View Post
    Good info Dave.

So, I was getting ready to swap out the D spring in my Brig Tac for a spare 14# I have laying around, and I noticed that my barrel appears to be shorter than others. Not being sure exactly how they're measured, I haven't measured it. Either way, I don't mind it, actually really like it, but it seems shorter. What do you think?
    Interesting. Hard to tell for sure, but it does look a little shorter than mine.

I just measured my Brig Tac; the muzzle protrudes about .080" out from the slide. My serial number is very close to 1000, FWIW.

Thanks for the info. So only the G-SD "may" work, that's what I'll look for.

Any input on the barrel length pictures I posted above?
    It depends. The G-SD and Brig Tac fit in my BT OWB holsters.

Tony at JM has a Brig Tac and can fix you up exactly.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave J View Post
    Interesting. Hard to tell for sure, but it does look a little shorter than mine.

I just measured my Brig Tac; the muzzle protrudes about .080" out from the slide. My serial number is very close to 1000, FWIW.
    Don't have a micrometer to measure mine, but it's definitely not .080. I've been looking at the ratio of barrel to guide rod protrusion on other guns where the barrel usually extends further than the guide rod. Mine is really close to being flush cut.

ETA: Another angle...

Last edited by StraitR; 11-07-2015 at 01:01 PM.

Will the new M9A3 take any Wilson combat trigger parts? Is the slide the same as the others making a milled RMR a no go?

Quote Originally Posted by Wannabe View Post
    Will the new M9A3 take any Wilson combat trigger parts? Is the slide the same as the others making a milled RMR a no go?
    Based on everything I've read, and seen (handled one Friday), it will take WC trigger parts. I can't say for sure about the RMR milling either way, but I see nothing about the A3 that would make it any different than current M9/M9A1 slides.

There's a used (lightly) Brig Tac up on GB with no reserve. Already up to $782 with six days left, but thought I'd share for anyone potentially interested.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=521065200

First range trip with the Brig Tac today, here are my takeaways...

1) Didn't bench it, but it goes exactly where I want it to when I do my part.

2) Shoots even softer than my 92A1, and easily the softest shooting 9mm pistol I've ever shot, unsuppressed. Attach an x300, and the recoil is laughable, and feels more like a suppressed G17. Ultra Thin grips combined with doubled-up ear pro, and I can't think of a better pistol for introducing new shooters with all but the smallest hands.

3) Sights seem to be well regulated at 20 yards. I really like the WC battlesight, and will pick up one for my 92A1.

4) In my initial impressions, I preferred the Wilson grips that come on the Brig Tac to the Wilson Ultra Thins on my 92A1, but I shoot noticeably better with the Ultra Thins. Based on feel alone, I still like the standard Wilson grips better, but shooting shows a clear issue in trigger manipulation that I don't have using the Ultra Thins. Obviously, this is a hand size/finger length issue, so YMMV. I'll be ordering another set of Ultra Thins tonight, and putting the ones that came with the Brig Tac up for sale, here first.

5) I need to shoot more to confirm, as I was having to swap the Ultra Thin grips back and forth, but I believe I perform a little better with the Wilson SRT than with the factory metal trigger on the BT. I stated otherwise in my initial impressions, where I preferred the factory trigger feel/break based on copious amounts of comparative tactical LayZboy dry firing.

6) I need a freakin holster, stat. Ordering the BladeTech tonight, which will at least get me set up for IDPA/range use.

7) Love the G configuration.

8) I want a second one, confirmed.

9) I absolutely cannot wait for the next Beretta/Wilson collaboration to come out, and please o' please let it be a Centurion. I'm loving this gun, and dying to carry it, but I would like something a weeeee bit smaller/lighter.

I learned long ago that thinking, while still vital, is far different than doing. Once again, my ideas and perceptions of how I like my gun/gear prior to using them was shaken down to the truth by performance after use. This was yet another positive reinforcement of the lesson.

I have a couple of BT holsters from KMFJ LLC. Local, veteran owned/operated outfit. The bladetech has a tendency to pinch my middle finger reholstering.

Pics

https://instagram.com/p/9J1DsuI2B4/

https://instagram.com/p/6ElsEQo2DP/
    Last edited by Hizzie; 11-08-2015 at 05:29 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

Note: for those who want the BrigTac recoil experience without the dented wallet,a PX4 9 full size is a great option. Mine makes shooting a 92FS feel like an HK P30 .40......
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

Delta Busta Kappa fratboy Hot Sauce's Avatar
    6) I need a freakin holster, stat. Ordering the BladeTech tonight, which will at least get me set up for IDPA/range use.
    Is an SRT legal in IDPA stock service division? I know grips/sight definitely are.

Is there any options to get a brig tac with rear night sights from wilson?

User Tag List